Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 3, 2019 at 7:37 AM Post #16,936 of 22,467
I read somewhere that the chord recommends charging the Hugo 2 for at least 4 hours prior to use however I haven’t seen this in the instruction manual. Does anyone have any confirmation about this? Thanks

Sep 3, 2019 at 8:30 AM Post #16,938 of 22,467
Full charge is a must before use. Patience please.:L3000:

This is not true and has come up a few times before. Depending on how long your newly purchased Hugo 2 has been on the shelf it may require a charge but if you switch it on for the first time and its got power left then it can be used straight-away.

Sep 3, 2019 at 2:59 PM Post #16,940 of 22,467
This is not true and has come up a few times before. Depending on how long your newly purchased Hugo 2 has been on the shelf it may require a charge but if you switch it on for the first time and its got power left then it can be used straight-away.
Thanks to everyone for being so kind as to reply. I charged it and got a full charge after about 2-1/2 hours. Absolutely awestruck by the sound, I wasn’t sure about the hype but now that I have heard it myself I can truly say that the H2/LCD-4z combo is an absolute phenomenon.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 3:06 PM Post #16,941 of 22,467
Thanks to everyone for being so kind as to reply. I charged it and got a full charge after about 2-1/2 hours. Absolutely awestruck by the sound, I wasn’t sure about the hype but now that I have heard it myself I can truly say that the H2/LCD-4z combo is an absolute phenomenon.
H2 is the best you can get until you reach the price tag of TT2. Chord definitely knows something.

Sep 3, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #16,945 of 22,467
Honestly this is my first upgrade from Marantz sa-1 and Stax 303 classic system in 12 odd years (so I’m not into frequent upgrades once I find what I like) and frankly my mind is blown from what I’m hearing.

People saying the Oppo HA-2SE not being up to the job (with all respect to the Oppo and it’s relative price range) were spot on. This H2 is absolutely stunning with the LCD-4z, especially on tracks that I THOUGHT I knew very well......

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #16,946 of 22,467
Try an mscaled hugo 2. It's an education not a sound quality upgrade.

Oh and Dave doesn't really exist it's an apparition.:sunglasses:

Sep 5, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #16,948 of 22,467
I fully understand this is slightly off topic but what are your opinions about dragonfly cobalt versus the mojo?

The Hugo2 is blowing my mind with the lcd-4z as my main set up but I also use a portable set up of dragonfly cobalt running Shure SE425s which are soon to be replaced by SE846s

I must admit I really like the dragonfly cobalt but there is no way it can be compared to the hugo2.

Does anyone with experience think a mojo/se846 is closer than a dragonfly cobalt/se846 to the hugo2/4z? I know it can’t be the same but would it be worth getting the mojo (especially at its new price?) and ditching the dragonfly cobalt?

Any replies would be much appreciated - thanks

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2019 at 4:42 PM Post #16,949 of 22,467
I fully understand this is slightly off topic but what are your opinions about dragonfly cobalt versus the mojo?

The Hugo2 is blowing my mind with the lcd-4z as my main set up but I also use a portable set up of dragonfly cobalt running Shure SE425s which are soon to be replaced by SE846s

I must admit I really like the dragonfly cobalt but there is no way it can be compared to the hugo2.

Does anyone with experience think a mojo/se846 is closer than a dragonfly cobalt/se846 to the hugo2/4z? I know it can’t be the same but would it be worth getting the mojo (especially at its new price?) and ditching the dragonfly cobalt?

Not sure about the Dragonfly, but I have had the Mojo and to me an LG V20 phone sounds better and is a lot more convenient, it is a phone too, has a nice big screen, you can store music on it, etc. I honestly think the Mojo has had it's day. I got my LG V20 for around 100 USD,

Sep 5, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #16,950 of 22,467

To my ears Mojo is a a clear step up from all the following DAC/amps I have heard: Oppo HA2SE, iFi Nano BL, Fiio Q5, Dragonfly Red. It is on par with the iFi Micro BL, but I still preferred Mojo's sound to that one. I haven't heard the cobalt. Another big step up is H2 to Mojo. And then TT2 to H2. IMO Chord pretty much rules the DAC market. Chord DACs sound the most natural and most spacious to my ears in their respective price range.

I haven't tried the LG V20, but tried the LG G6 which has the same DAC as far as I know. To my ears it wasn't even close to Mojo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back