Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Sep 5, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #16,951 of 22,467
To my ears Mojo is a a clear step up from all the following DAC/amps I have heard: Oppo HA2SE, iFi Nano BL, Fiio Q5, Dragonfly Red. It is on par with the iFi Micro BL, but I still preferred Mojo's sound to that one. I haven't heard the cobalt. Another big step up is H2 to Mojo. And then TT2 to H2. IMO Chord pretty much rules the DAC market. Chord DACs sound the most natural and most spacious to my ears in their respective price range.

I haven't tried the LG V20, but tried the LG G6 which has the same DAC as far as I know. To my ears it wasn't even close to Mojo.

I use easy to drive headphones and I don't listen very loud. If you are the opposite, then the V20 will probably not work for you. For my kind of listening I do find the V20 superior to Mojo.

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:07 AM Post #16,957 of 22,467
I have a random question - I was hoping to do an AB test between my Mojo and H2 connected via USB to my Mac. Unfortunately, the Mac labels each device `Mojo` and only shows one of them. Are there any workarounds for this?

I don't know if you can fix your Mac to say two Chord DACs. My PC sees two.

However you could just turn one DAC off while not in use.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 4:30 PM Post #16,960 of 22,467
I have a random question - I was hoping to do an AB test between my Mojo and H2 connected via USB to my Mac. Unfortunately, the Mac labels each device `Mojo` and only shows one of them. Are there any workarounds for this?

I don't normally AB test stuff. I use something for weeks or months and then I try something else. It us usually crystal clear to me whether I like that something else better or not. No need for any AB testing.

To be 100% honest I kind of AB test stuff if I am lucky enough to be in a shop selling a vast array of headphones and I am free to test any pair I like. A bit of AB testing might take place in that kind of circumstance.

Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:13 AM Post #16,961 of 22,467
Last edited:
Sep 7, 2019 at 4:33 AM Post #16,962 of 22,467
I don't normally AB test stuff. I use something for weeks or months and then I try something else. It us usually crystal clear to me whether I like that something else better or not. No need for any AB testing.

To be 100% honest I kind of AB test stuff if I am lucky enough to be in a shop selling a vast array of headphones and I am free to test any pair I like. A bit of AB testing might take place in that kind of circumstance.

Fair enough.

In this case, I have both and am enjoying both. But was quite curious about the sonic differences. I figured that volume matched they would be close enough that it wouldn't be a jarring AB experience and it would be easier to see the differences in the sound. I was just a bit shocked when only one device showed up. And the inactive device had to get unplugged and plugged in again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back