Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Mar 6, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #15,631 of 22,516
Hello
Does someone know a "hard mesh case" (like those for carrying headphones) that can hold the Hugo 2 with its leather case, without rattling :
- for Hugo 2 alone (with leather case)
- deeper, for H2 and stacked DAP (like Fiio x5III, Pioneer XDP300R or Sony WM1Z)

Mar 6, 2019 at 9:37 AM Post #15,635 of 22,516
Perhaps noble warriers or local heros? Why wouldn't it be? Unless I'm wrong, your source would be the 2go into the H2, and the MScaler just augments the processing capability of the H2. Or do you feed the source into the Scaler? Not owning one yet, I'm not sure.

The MScaler is the source feeding into the coax input. The 2Go would be a source, feeding into USB.

So no, they can't be used at the same time.

Mar 6, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #15,637 of 22,516
New H2 user coming from Mojo. I'm still justifying the use of desktop mode. Burning the whole unit, most of the time doing nothing, in order to extend the battery lifetime does not make much sense to me. If batteries are dead, I can still use H2, but not the other way around.

A lot of people actually leave DACs on all the time 24/7.

In reality, probably no matter what you do though, you will replace it with a newer model in a few to several years, well before it breaks. So I would just do whatever you feel comfortable doing.

Mar 6, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #15,638 of 22,516
Occasionally, if I have not used my Hugo 2 for a day or two, it takes a few seconds to begin responding to my remote control. Once it registers the first time, it's perfectly fine and instantaneous. I leave it on 24/7 in desktop mode.

Does anybody else experience this? Should I be concerned?

Mar 7, 2019 at 12:53 AM Post #15,640 of 22,516
Did someone try the Fiio L27 cable to connect a Sony WM1Z to Hugo 2 ?
On the Fiio site, they show a chart saying "the new version is not compatible with mojo", but they don't list the Hugo 2.
Otherwise, isn't 6 cm length a bit short as they don't have the same size ?

Mar 7, 2019 at 8:41 PM Post #15,643 of 22,516
WesennTony,

Desktop mode means only powered on after use till fully charged then both charger and hugo 2 switch off automatically. Hugo 2 is actually only on for a relatively short time. See my previous posts. The only other useage is if you deliberately leave hugo2 on 24/7.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2019 at 11:12 PM Post #15,644 of 22,516
WesennTony,

Desktop mode means only powered on after use till fully charged then both charger and hugo 2 switch off automatically. Hugo 2 is actually only on for a relatively short time. See my previous posts. The only other useage is if you deliberately leave hugo2 on 24/7.

How does the charging work in desktop mode? does it start trickle charging the battery to keep it at a certain percentage?

Mar 7, 2019 at 11:30 PM Post #15,645 of 22,516
Power from the charger is bypassing the battery in desktop mode however there is some residual small net discharge on the battery during use so when you turn hugo2 off and while it is permanently connected to the charger it will recharge again till full then turn off. Next time you use H2 you have a unit ready for mobile use fully charged up or continue in desktop mode with charger always attached and repeat the cycle. Simple. Magenta indicates desktop mode and i can't see any reason to keep H2 on 24/7.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back