CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 19, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #8,911 of 25,857
not allowing warranty to be transferrable is a big negative for a product...it kills the resale value and makes me less likely to buy it the product

Ah, so you are actually saying, "Allowing the warranty to be transferable is a big positive for the product. It enhances resale value and makes you more likely to buy the product."

Its a sort of glass half full/ half empty thing.

Jul 19, 2017 at 10:31 PM Post #8,913 of 25,857
i was told some time ago when i spoke to chord about an issue i had with my hugo that there was no problem with transferring warranty....i wouldnt think there would be
I'm getting conflicting answers about this. I spoke to an authorized dealer tod
Sounds like we are hearing different info from different dealers- maybe best to contact Chord.
I'm hearing all kinds of different answers too, but a dealer who I trust very much told me the warranty is not transferable. But then there are reports of 2nd owners having no problems, so who knows what the real official policy is.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #8,914 of 25,857
Last edited:
Jul 20, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #8,915 of 25,857
Jul 21, 2017 at 7:23 AM Post #8,917 of 25,857
OT:

If anyone is searching for a more exclusive Chord DAVE / Coral series Stand i got a never used Chord Modular stand for sale, bought together with the DAVE + Blu CD player.

Skärmavbild 2017-07-21 kl. 13.01.26.png

1000 Euro

The listing:
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/new-chord-dave-electronics-choral-modular-stand-system.855958/

Just PM me if you are interested.

Jul 23, 2017 at 5:03 AM Post #8,918 of 25,857
It's a great question, and I think what you suggest may be a substantial part of the answer. All I can say is, it's great to play around and see what produces meaningful results and what doesn't, especially if you can borrow items from a dealer at no cost. For my system, strangely, a cheap ~$100 power cord made a very audible improvement, but high-res files did not consistently sound better/different than redbook.

Anyway, I have a Dave incoming (hopefully this week), so I'm curious to see which tweeks have a benefit and which don't. I'm guessing the Regen will be up for sale soon.
Which regen do you have? The isoregen makes a noticeable improvement on my Dave!

Jul 23, 2017 at 6:04 PM Post #8,919 of 25,857
FWIW, Rob Watts has stated things like the Regen actually hurt the performance of the DAVE and the only thing that can help a bit is the Audioquest Jitterbug. I assume he knows what he's talking about.

Jul 23, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #8,920 of 25,857
This is for thunder99 above:
I had the Watt Puppy 6's back in 2001. I loved the transparent bass but had trouble with the vocals that sounded too hard and mechanical. But it may have been that the Wilsons were so revealing that they simply relayed the digital signature at the time.
I had an Accuphase DP75V cd player. I think the Focal titanium tweeter that Wilson used all the time was too fast for its own good. The Watt Puppy was always a very controversial speaker, even though Dave sold a lot of them.
They always demo'ed them in my experience with VTL tube amps, and often with turntables. If you look in the audiogon archives back around the turn of the century, you will find lots of chatter about the WP6.
The best I heard them was with Transparent speaker cables, which really made a difference. Try and get your hands on the Transparents if you can.
Imaging and depth is first rate and to die for.

I also found that the WP6s really did best with classical music and jazz. Less so with vocals.
I always felt they were mainly a classical music speaker.
Don't forget to toe them in almost 45 degrees; aim them right at you. They have a small but precious sweet spot.
It's a hard speaker to get right and takes a lot of work and component matching. But I have heard them perform well like I said. The main problem I found was getting those highs and vocals to sound liquid and organic.
Good luck.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 3:35 AM Post #8,921 of 25,857
FWIW, Rob Watts has stated things like the Regen actually hurt the performance of the DAVE and the only thing that can help a bit is the Audioquest Jitterbug. I assume he knows what he's talking about.

I have a W4S RUR and found that Dave, and now Blu II into Dave, are best just served direct without that particular enhancer. I use it now on the end of a mRendu into a Chord Mojo.

Nice work on the videos btw!

Jul 26, 2017 at 8:53 AM Post #8,923 of 25,857
I have the USB regen. Guess I might as well give it a listen w/ the Dave before selling it.

You do not even need to try it, because the result is not anything to wright home about.

With The W4s Remedy Opt/BNC/ Coax clock can give you a slight deeper depht / timing using coax or toslink signal i have found.

But the USB connection is the best and focus on a Auralic Aries or a Super mRendu insted of the regen.

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #8,924 of 25,857
Or antipodes usb instead of region or itona.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back