CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jul 19, 2022 at 6:36 PM Post #21,511 of 26,077
Fyi, John Atkinson just responded/commented in Amir's post about MScaler. I think Rob should read Amir's results and post manufacturer's feedback in the comment on behalf of Chord Electronics.
He’s not the manufacturer.

Jul 19, 2022 at 6:39 PM Post #21,512 of 26,077
He’s not the manufacturer.
Rob works for Chord and represents Chord at trade shows - so he speaks on behalf of Chord. He should at least respond to JA's comment about his own review/view on upsampler.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2022 at 6:57 PM Post #21,514 of 26,077
Rob works for Chord and represents Chord at trade shows - so he speaks on behalf of Chord. He should at least respond to JA's comment about his own review/view on upsampler.
Why? He’s not obligated to get involved in that forum, and particularly with the insulting posts and clear bias of Amir, it’s only going to go one way.

Representing a Company at shows does not mean you can speak on behalf of that Company.

Jul 20, 2022 at 2:08 AM Post #21,515 of 26,077
For your background reading https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/31119-power-supply-8-group-test-lps-and-smps/

The fact that $50 ifi smps is getting very close to 9v battery performance tells you all you need to know about the current state of engineering re smps.
Oh geez those are still baby LPS. Ipower x knock it out of the park easy. All LPS has a ringing issue. Exactly why ifi elite can still beat the Hypsos hybrid LPS/smps psu. Farad sound warm shows it's slow and lacks top bottom extension.

Jul 20, 2022 at 6:47 AM Post #21,516 of 26,077
Oh geez those are still baby LPS. Ipower x knock it out of the park easy. All LPS has a ringing issue. Exactly why ifi elite can still beat the Hypsos hybrid LPS/smps psu. Farad sound warm shows it's slow and lacks top bottom extension.
Can you explain more please, I am confused.

Jul 20, 2022 at 7:40 AM Post #21,517 of 26,077
Farad sound warm shows it's slow and lacks top bottom extension.
Would that be the Farad powering the MScaler or the DAVE?

Jul 21, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #21,519 of 26,077
@zen87192

Happy belated birthday. Did you finally install the Farad3 to your system? If so, how did you like it. Been away from the Dave thread so sorry if I missed your impressions.

Jul 21, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #21,520 of 26,077
@zen87192

Happy belated birthday. Did you finally install the Farad3 to your system? If so, how did you like it. Been away from the Dave thread so sorry if I missed your impressions.
Many thanks! Link to my post re. Installation and initial thoughts.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chord-electronics-dave.766517/post-17052206

I had a 12v and tried it on multiple devices. So router,ddc and such. Was comparing to lps 1.2 and hdplex.
So are you saying that the Farad Super 3 sounds warm, is slow and lacks (top and bottom) extension on the MScaler and/or the DAVE? You have these units to hand and have also installed them within the DAVE and on the end of an MScaler? I find this very interesting to hear your further thoughts if you have done so.

Jul 21, 2022 at 8:39 PM Post #21,521 of 26,077
So are you saying that the Farad Super 3 sounds warm, is slow and lacks (top and bottom) extension on the MScaler and/or the DAVE? You have these units to hand and have also installed them within the DAVE and on the end of an MScaler? I find this very interesting to hear your further thoughts if you have done so.
I already said it on the router and such.

I assumed ppl already saw this psu shoot out but apparently not.

https://audiobacon.net/2021/08/06/the-worlds-best-audiophile-linear-power-supplies/

https://audiobacon.net/best-audiophile-power-supplies/

Farad didn't even come close.

Jul 21, 2022 at 10:05 PM Post #21,522 of 26,077
Jul 22, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #21,524 of 26,077
Jul 23, 2022 at 3:56 AM Post #21,525 of 26,077
Does anyone think that Chord will offer a low voltage input on a new of model DAVE at a later date? considering the large number of people who have taken the matter into their own hands.
I'm planning on buying a DAVE to replace my Qutest in the future and I'm only half way there cash wise. I'm seriously thinking of holding back the purchase of the DAVE until a new model comes out.
I wonder how long I may have to wait, I'm more than happy with the Qutest and the MCRU LPS at the moment but having looked at Youtube reviews of Holo May and tried a number of other DACS which have all gone back for a refund I have decided I will buy a DAVE at some stage in the future, I certainly don't want to buy one next year having saved only to find a new model coming out a few months after I buy one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back