CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Mar 8, 2016 at 9:38 AM Post #2,028 of 26,005
Struggling to upload images but it's DAVE-day!
Right out of the box it sounds so good-all my music is on CD now and "even" at 16/44.1, it sounds so right. Just together and coherent. Musical and easy. Detailed spacious and clean. Finally CD had come of age, perfect sound forever...

Congrats on your personal DAVE!
beerchug.gif

I'm awaiting an acoustic revival stand and am currently using the chord supplied toslink for the Rega and a custom chord cable RCA to BNC spdif for the Bryston bcd1. Can't really tell any difference between the different transports/digital cables-whatever I listen to seems the best lol
Vocals are so clear and harsh discs are far far more listenable now. I have the Dave as pre but should I set it to DAC only and use my BP26 volume? If I commit to one transport then I'll try a direct feed into my 14B

DAVE officially is a «digital preamp» – so no need to switch an additional preamp between it and your power amp (the additional electronics would degrade transparency).

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:43 AM Post #2,034 of 26,005
46 Ohms / 85 db in sensitivity .
I do not want to test where it clips because it can heart the diphragm in the headphones if the amp are clipping, and i find it more stressed if i go higher, but vol. - 1 is concert SPL rates almost with great control, it is just that it sounds very thin in the voices / instruments presentation, but with realy extended detailed bass when i go direct from the DAVE.

It is pretty remarkable how much power it can pump out / 0,5 Amps sounds like the double if you compare it to other amps that maxes out much erlier and sound harsh and stressed, with like 4-6 watts @ 46 ohms that is pretty remarkable!

So to all members; the DAVE can drive the Abyss actually very well to high levels no question about it !

If you want a meatier more hair chested sound with a slight less transparancy you have to buy a reference high powered Amp like the Headtrip or if you are in favor of tubeamps: Viva Egoista or the WooAudio 234 is my recommendation .
Some very good news guys.I like Beolab was using my headphone amp because it sounded a bit thicker,but now after over 12 weeks of running Dave in,I'm using the Daves headphone amp with my hd800 and it sounding totally amazing now,this should put a smile on jaZZs face lol.
Beolab just keep running your Dave in,because the sound from Daves own headphone out is going to change.

Mar 8, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #2,035 of 26,005
Photo of bottom side of DAVE please?

Calling Dave owners, , I am trying to figure out whether the feet for Dave can be replaced with an after market vibration isolation footing. Can any of you owners post a picture of the underside of Dave.. Are the feet screw on or glued? Thanks!

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #2,036 of 26,005
Struggling to upload images but it's DAVE-day!
Right out of the box it sounds so good-all my music is on CD now and "even" at 16/44.1, it sounds so right. Just together and coherent. Musical and easy. Detailed spacious and clean. Finally CD had come of age, perfect sound forever...

Just by Curiosity, what CD player are you using with DAVE ? You are not tempted to rip them all on HD ?

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:24 PM Post #2,037 of 26,005
Since DAVE is so imune to the source quality, I will be able to keept my Auralic ARIES ... Now that it's software is FINALY stable and that it can act as a ROON endpoint.

So my question: in order to use ROON with the ARIES, I will need to run ROON server on some kind of PC that stay on my netork ? Right ? But... I do not want to ad a PC to my audio system !

So...are there available already some NAS that can run ROON server by themself WITHOUT any PC involved ?

This will be Great. Indeed I want to avoid leaving a PC on all the time and this will give me a good reason to finaly use a NAS instead if a USB HD ( USB Hd Is not stable with the ARIES when the library excess 1 Tb).

Thanks in advance

Mar 8, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #2,038 of 26,005
Some very good news guys.I like Beolab was using my headphone amp because it sounded a bit thicker,but now after over 12 weeks of running Dave in,I'm using the Daves headphone amp with my hd800 and it sounding totally amazing now,this should put a smile on jaZZs face lol.
Beolab just keep running your Dave in,because the sound from Daves own headphone out is going to change.

Indeed!
smile.gif
It's a pity you can't see it.

Mar 8, 2016 at 1:01 PM Post #2,039 of 26,005
Photo of bottom side of DAVE please?

Calling Dave owners, I am trying to figure out whether the feet for Dave can be replaced with an after market vibration isolation footing. Can any of you owners post a picture of the underside of Dave. Are the feet screw on or glued? Thanks!

They seem to be glued. After all you can just see eight rubber cones of about 10 mm diameter which aren't easily removable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back