CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE
Jan 5, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #18,661 of 25,857
How much did you bribe @Ciggavelli with to post that? :grin:
:beyersmile:

I'm literally floored that the DC4 has done this to my DAVE. And no, in case anybody is wondering, I am not joking

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #18,663 of 25,857
To be clear though, the DC4 is a massive power upgrade for your DAVE, and I'm not sure if other power supplies will offer similiar benefits, but who knows

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:45 PM Post #18,664 of 25,857
Each time I consider upgrading to the DAVE, all this talk of over the top BNC cables and power supplies turns me off.

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:51 PM Post #18,665 of 25,857
This schitt actually hits harder than my HSA-1b with the TCs. Fukcing crazy

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #18,666 of 25,857
Each time I consider upgrading to the DAVE, all this talk of over the top BNC cables and power supplies turns me off.
I agree, it overshadows one of the finest DACs available and several valuable members have left Head-Fi over it.

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:56 PM Post #18,667 of 25,857
To be clear though, the DC4 is a massive power upgrade for your DAVE, and I'm not sure if other power supplies will offer similiar benefits, but who knows
I believe that that's why I was surprised with what you said the other day so I was just happy my line conditioner can do better than the dc4 and that I saved so much money. Now I'm bothered. Lol.

Jan 5, 2022 at 1:57 PM Post #18,668 of 25,857
I believe that that's why I was surprised with what you said the other day so I was just happy my line conditioner can do better than the dc4 and that I saved so much money. Now I'm bothered. Lol.
I'm not sure the line conditioner is doing that though, but I don't know. I need to do some more experimenting...

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #18,670 of 25,857
You actually made me try it with the Susvara, and I was surprised that the DAVE drove them so high (I still prefer the bass out of my wa33 though
Did you set it at HF ON? Much better for Susvara. And that's the thing. The Dave actually shows the true response of the Susvara that is consistent to all measurement graphs. It lacks some midbass so some tubes help on that. But I prefer the Stealth in this case as it's perfect in it's response and getting the most transparency since I don't need tubes.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:06 PM Post #18,671 of 25,857
Did you set it at HF ON? Much better for Susvara. And that's the thing. The Dave actually shows the true response of the Susvara that is consistent to all measurement graphs. It lacks some midbass so some tubes help on that. But I prefer the Stealth in this case as it's perfect in it's response and getting the most transparency since I don't need tubes.
I'll give it a try later today :L3000:

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:10 PM Post #18,672 of 25,857
I'll give it a try later today :L3000:
Be careful. It's so transparent you'll start to hear the TC distortion. 🤣 But then the susvara is missing the midbass. 🤣

Sorry but i have to tell u the next secret, you have to start using MQA. Let the streamer do the first unfold (NOT ROON! Mconnect or Bubbleupnp hopefully). And the lower distortion in MQA will give more of the midbass the Susvara needs and you'll be in a newer chapter in your life on the same day.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:12 PM Post #18,673 of 25,857
Be careful. It's so transparent you'll start to hear the TC distortion. 🤣 But then the susvara is missing the midbass. 🤣

Sorry but i have to tell u the next secret, you have to start using MQA. Let the streamer do the first unfold (NOT ROON! Mconnect or Bubbleupnp hopefully). And the lower distortion in MQA will give more of the midbass the Susvara needs and you'll be in a newer chapter in your life on the same day.
How is distortion in MQA lower? It been proven to be lossy.

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:14 PM Post #18,674 of 25,857
How can I measure the watts coming out of the headphone jack on my DAVE? I'm willing to buy a tool (if it isn't outrageously priced)

Jan 5, 2022 at 2:16 PM Post #18,675 of 25,857
Well you already have the TT2 so that all applies to you anyway. I almost bought the Bartok before Dave because of this, and i still consider getting a one box solution sometimes. Dave isn't the issue though, the M-scaler is. Hopefully the new one will fix these issues.
I wouldn't hesitate if i were you. I'd take solo Dave in stock form over mTT2 any day, and i don't really miss the M-scaler too much when travelling without it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back