Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Nov 11, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #4,757 of 4,904
I am aware of this but occasionally play CD's. I wonder if OptoDX will level the playing field.

The Opto-Dx does level the playing field imho. There is no brightness in my system, if anything it is too smooth. Separating the Dave and Mscaler or Blu2 physically is also important. The only reason that I would consider changing to the Mscaler is for additional inputs.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2019 at 5:13 AM Post #4,758 of 4,904
The Opto-Dx does level the playing field imho. There is no brightness in my system, if anything it is too smooth. Separating the Dave and Mscaler or Blu2 physically is also important. The only reason that I would consider changing to the Mscaler is for additional inputs.
Thanks.
:thumbsup:

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #4,760 of 4,904
The Opto-Dx does level the playing field imho. Separating the Dave and Mscaler or Blu2 physically is also important. If anything my system is too smooth. The only reason that I would consider changing to the Mscaler is for additional inputs.
Looks like a messy solution to me...

It isn't, quite the opposite really. I now only have the Dave and the Heisenberg amplifiers between my speakers. The Opto-Dx allowed me move the Blu2 and source components to the side of the room out of the way. No more thoughts about RF noise too.

Nov 12, 2019 at 3:30 AM Post #4,762 of 4,904
Why would you worry about RF noise with the blu2? That's the realm of the HMS.

either you have a wicked sense of humour or . . . . . .

Dec 14, 2019 at 11:14 AM Post #4,765 of 4,904
Finding Cables to further reveal the timbre and harmonics presented by the Blu MkII M Scaler + Dave combination?

These are a couple of interesting comments I came across from leading cable designers when researching cable design:

Geoff Merrigan from Tellurium Q

"It is not just about pure conduction (he means - how many 9’s of metal purity manufacturers quote) because any conductor from any cable manufacturer on this planet will act as an electronic filter and by that I mean that the relative frequencies relative to one another get shifted with each material they go through and are also affected by the various insulators, geometries, shielding etc.. The interesting thing is that various materials affect different frequencies in dissimilar amounts. So it really is a finely tuned balancing act to make sure that you get a natural, transparent transmission. This takes a LOT more research than people would imagine."

https://www.monoandstereo.com/2018/02/tellurium-q-statement-cable-loom-review.html

."

Another big mistake Geoff Merrigan was not the designer or had any experience in science what so ever before he met the designer Colin Wonfor .
Mr Merrigan and his wife and friends help him to steal by means of bulling to take the company Colin started.

Now on the 2 Dec 2019 Colin died alone and broken did these people go to his funeral did they heck.
R.I.P. Colin J. Wonfor

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #4,767 of 4,904
Another big mistake Geoff Merrigan was not the designer or had any experience in science what so ever before he met the designer Colin Wonfor .
Mr Merrigan and his wife and friends help him to steal by means of bulling to take the company Colin started.

Now on the 2 Dec 2019 Colin died alone and broken did these people go to his funeral did they heck.
R.I.P. Colin J. Wonfor

Devastated, only spoke to him a few weeks ago. One in a million, truly.

what they did to Colin was a travesty and beyond reproach, and they continue to reap the rewards of his designs.

Colin you will dearly missed my friend.

Whats the back story to the above posts ?

Dec 27, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #4,769 of 4,904
Chord is discontinuing the Blu mk2. Letters have gone out to dealers in the last week or so, no more techs left for production it would appear
Apologise if this is not new news, but it's the first chance I've had to get on line in the last 2 weeks
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays

Jan 1, 2020 at 8:27 AM Post #4,770 of 4,904
Chord is discontinuing the Blu mk2. Letters have gone out to dealers in the last week or so, no more techs left for production it would appear
Apologise if this is not new news, but it's the first chance I've had to get on line in the last 2 weeks
Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays

I just heard this as well. My dealer contacted me as I have one on order. Apparently I will be getting one of the last units.

The reason I was given is that the Phillips drive that they use in the Blu2 is no longer available. I wonder if there will be a Blu3 designed around another drive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back