Chord Electronics - Blu Mk. 2 - The Official Thread
Jan 11, 2018 at 5:50 AM Post #2,371 of 4,904
After a 12 week wait (this seems reasonably quick considering some lead times indicated by previous posts) I have received and installed my Blu2... one evening listening so far and wow, the increase in detail compared to Dave alone is quite astounding and so smooth on the ear. Great investment!!

Yes, that 'oh, my goodness' sound when using a Blu2 is just wonderful.

Jan 11, 2018 at 6:02 AM Post #2,372 of 4,904
Yes, that 'oh, my goodness' sound when using a Blu2 is just wonderful.

Indeed it is... it took a little while for my ears to tune in to (it was a little bright on first playing from new out of the box), but then you come to a realization that you're hearing things you've never heard before in familiar tracks and that the slight digital harshness of Dave alone has disappeared

Jan 11, 2018 at 8:54 AM Post #2,373 of 4,904
Have any of you had any issues with the ISO Regen in your BluDave setup? My ultraRendu suddenly stopped recognizing the Blu 2 so that meant the uR wasn’t showing up in Roon. I discovered that removing the ISO Regen from the chain eliminated this problem. I have to admit that without the ISO Regen in the chain, the BluDave still sounds amazing I’ll try plugging it back again in a short while and in the meanwhile I thought I’d come in here & get some feedback. Thanks guys!

Jan 11, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #2,374 of 4,904
Have any of you had any issues with the ISO Regen in your BluDave setup? My ultraRendu suddenly stopped recognizing the Blu 2 so that meant the uR wasn’t showing up in Roon. I discovered that removing the ISO Regen from the chain eliminated this problem. I have to admit that without the ISO Regen in the chain, the BluDave still sounds amazing I’ll try plugging it back again in a short while and in the meanwhile I thought I’d come in here & get some feedback. Thanks guys!
The ISO Regen is quite sensitive in losing the connection in my setup too (PC with Roon Core -> ultraRendu -> ISO Regen -> DAVE). A power cycle of the ISO Regen (unplug/replug the 7V DC power connector) brings back the connection immediately. As important this little device is for filtering any remaining noise from the ultraRendu, it does lack in reliabilty a little bit:). Maybe reliabilty would be better when removing the galvanic isoliation (with the DIP switch), but the 'magic' is gone then.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:05 AM Post #2,375 of 4,904
I’ve found the same with the ISO Regen, It’s quite sensitive, and if you unplug and replug a connection into it, the connection is sometimes not made. As you say, the answer is unplug everything, including the connection to the power supply, and then replug tightly, reboot, and everything’s usually okay. If left alone, as it normally should be, there’s no real problem.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #2,376 of 4,904

This sometimes happens to me. I think the most reliable way to re-establish connection is to switch everything off and then turn everything back on in order, starting upstream with the modem/router and working downstream, but turning the ISO Regen on before the mR. Allow each component to fully fire up before moving on to the next one. I hope that works for you.

Jan 11, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #2,377 of 4,904
I’ve found the same with the ISO Regen, It’s quite sensitive, and if you unplug and replug a connection into it, the connection is sometimes not made. As you say, the answer is unplug everything, including the connection to the power supply, and then replug tightly, reboot, and everything’s usually okay. If left alone, as it normally should be, there’s no real problem.
This has been my experience as well.

Jan 12, 2018 at 2:56 AM Post #2,378 of 4,904
After a 12 week wait (this seems reasonably quick considering some lead times indicated by previous posts) I have received and installed my Blu2... one evening listening so far and wow, the increase in detail compared to Dave alone is quite astounding and so smooth on the ear. Great investment!!

Excellent. Was this a black or silver unit? Chord say the queue for black is longer.

Jan 14, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #2,382 of 4,904
That's a bit of positive news for the future. Bet it'll take about two to three years for M scaler to trickle down a bit. I can wait.
You're probably younger than me... :frowning2:

Jan 15, 2018 at 3:03 AM Post #2,385 of 4,904
This year for sure.

Want to put your money where your mouth is for that prediction? How about a 50pence bet? I am very sure of not losing my 50p.
:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back