Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 19, 2017 at 4:37 PM Post #1,006 of 1,746
I have seen many senior people in forums saying that chord 2qute with the galvanic isolation and a good power source is way better than mojo, better than Hugo and almost equivalent with chord Hugo TT.
Mr watts recommends the USB input.

This is true. Also people have noticed a difference with certain power supplies even though the unit has its own power filtering. Tends to be people who have dirtier outlet.

Feb 19, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,007 of 1,746
What is the consensus regarding the power source? Would a cheap Ifi Ipower do the trick?

Feb 23, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #1,014 of 1,746
Had mine for 6 months now. I love the glow it puts out in the living room in the dark. I never turn it off. Just got the BMC PureUSB 1 cable connected to the Vioelctric V220. Hans Zimmer  never sounded so good. Cheers.

Feb 24, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,016 of 1,746
Listening to a Teddy Pardo...

Hard to say definitively that it is doing anything. But here's the setup I had before: Chord 2Qute > Cavalli Liquid Carbon > Sennheiser HD800S. It was simply a little over the edge, for my preferred listening. I prefer a balanced to slightly warm signature. I could go back to Gumby or Mojo, and I was fine. But today, with the power supply in front of the 2Qute, I'm not having any issue with HD800S at the end of the chain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back