Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 6, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #976 of 1,746

If you have a preamp, 2Qute will be a better deal. With TT, you still have a battery like the Hugo and will eventually fail. Both 2Qute and TT are galvanically isolated so the input is just equal. As a DAC, TT will be slightly better due to the supercapacitors. Whether the supercapacitors and headphone, variable line out is worth the extra cost is up to you. You can't go wrong with either at their price points.

​Actually you can have the 2Qute and the supercapacitors.  Get two Uptone LPS-1's and run them in a series, one 5V, the other 7V, total 12V.  These will provide even better galvanic isolation from stray AC than the TT power supply because of switching power banks.  Of course the cost will be about $800.  I wouldn't worry too much about supercapacitors going dead.  They are built to last a long time.  But it doesn't hurt to have them separated in the LPS-1 instead.

Feb 12, 2017 at 7:43 AM Post #978 of 1,746
I'm interested, @HornyToad. Ran out of PMs.

Read all 66 pgs of this and no one ever really did a thorough comparison of the 2qute versus the YGGDRASIL but I think enough praise has been given to this Chord that I will make the jump.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #981 of 1,746
I'm interested, @HornyToad. Ran out of PMs.

Read all 66 pgs of this and no one ever really did a thorough comparison of the 2qute versus the YGGDRASIL but I think enough praise has been given to this Chord that I will make the jump.

If you don't like neutral bright sound, you won't like Yggdrasil or any of Schiit DACs for that matter. Chord DACs are a shade warmer than Schiit DACs in my experience.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #982 of 1,746
If you don't like neutral bright sound, you won't like Yggdrasil or any of Schiit DACs for that matter. Chord DACs are a shade warmer than Schiit DACs in my experience.

Thanks... I don't tend to associate neutral and bright too often unless it's a harsh treble. I prefer neutral but I think since I may be pairing with the Liquid Audio it may be a nice pairing.

Feb 12, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #983 of 1,746
Does anyone have experience in both versions of the MCRU LPS for the 2Qute? Wondering if the more expensive one is worth it. The base one is roughly 359 and the nicer is around 700. Just thinking may be overkill for the 700 one since I'm just trying to clean from the wall.

Feb 12, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #984 of 1,746

This is the exact opposite of how I feel how the Schiit dacs. 

I think the 2qute is bright on the treble side. The Yggy ,far from bright on the treble side. 

I have a 2qute ,black for sale if you are interested. Pm me. 

Maybe for are using an amp thats too bright? 

Feb 12, 2017 at 8:45 PM Post #985 of 1,746

I think the 2qute is bright on the treble side. The Yggy ,far from bright on the treble side. 

Thanks for the additional commentary. What are you shifting too? Also, I pm'd you.

Feb 12, 2017 at 9:18 PM Post #986 of 1,746

I only use the Schiit DACs with speaker setup since it sounds better than the 2Qute, Hugo and Mojo to me. Chord is too polite with my HS7 speakers but Schiit brings more "attack" and dynamics which I prefer. With headphones, Schiit sounds a bit more fatiguing than Chords (Mojo, Hugo and 2Qute) thus I prefer Chord sound signature (neutral warm). I have used the Asgard 2 and Jotunheim for both Bifrost Multibit and 2Qute. Detail wise, Chord 2Qute, Hugo are slightly more detailed than Mojo and Bifrost, but Chord 2Qute is smoother overall, even a bit smoother than both Hugo and Mojo. With my setup, I decided to keep Mojo (returned the Hugo and 2Qute) for headphones/IEM (K712, XBA-1) and Bifrost for my HS7 speakers. I briefly heard the Yggy, but to me, the tonality sounds exactly like the Bifrost Multibit (neutral bright) except with ultra-detailed instrument layering/imaging and soundstage.

Feb 12, 2017 at 11:51 PM Post #987 of 1,746
I only use the Schiit DACs with speaker setup since it sounds better than the 2Qute, Hugo and Mojo to me. Chord is too polite with my HS7 speakers but Schiit brings more "attack" and dynamics which I prefer. With headphones, Schiit sounds a bit more fatiguing than Chords (Mojo, Hugo and 2Qute) thus I prefer Chord sound signature (neutral warm). I have used the Asgard 2 and Jotunheim for both Bifrost Multibit and 2Qute. Detail wise, Chord 2Qute, Hugo are slightly more detailed than Mojo and Bifrost, but Chord 2Qute is smoother overall, even a bit smoother than both Hugo and Mojo. With my setup, I decided to keep Mojo (returned the Hugo and 2Qute) for headphones/IEM (K712, XBA-1) and Bifrost for my HS7 speakers. I briefly heard the Yggy, but to me, the tonality sounds exactly like the Bifrost Multibit (neutral bright) except with ultra-detailed instrument layering/imaging and soundstage.

This makes sense and aligns with what I was guessing. I am just using it for my headphone setup so that's why I think the 2qute is a good choice since it will feed into my nice amps. If I was using it for my home theater i think I'd defer to something else.

I can't imagine there being a ton of difference between the Bifrost multi and the other two more expensive ones.

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:50 AM Post #988 of 1,746
Hello everybody!

Sorry to ask, I don't know if you already cover this matter, but I didn't had the time to read all the 63 pages.

MY QUESTION IS: DO YOU LEAVE YOUR CHORD 2Qute CONNECTED TO THE WALL OUTLET ALL THE TIME 24/7???

WOULD BE A PROBLEM TO CONNECT IT ONLY USING MY COMPUTER?

Thanks

Feb 14, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #990 of 1,746
Hello everybody!

Sorry to ask, I don't know if you already cover this matter, but I didn't had the time to read all the 63 pages.

MY QUESTION IS: DO YOU LEAVE YOUR CHORD 2Qute CONNECTED TO THE WALL OUTLET ALL THE TIME 24/7???

WOULD BE A PROBLEM TO CONNECT IT ONLY USING MY COMPUTER?

Thanks

24/7 is fine. You can also unplug to turn it off. Whatever works for you.

Not sure what you mean by computer-only? USB input to 2Qute sounds great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back