Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 24, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,021 of 1,746
Based on my reading of the thread, most people either went with the MCRU or Teddy. I went with the MCRU and have been happy

What it does it do differently? Such as added clarity, or a smoother presentation, better bass, sweeter high's for example..
Never mind I looked it up. I guess I could ask if it does what they say it does? Ahh, that sounds lame to, forget it and thanks anyway.

Feb 24, 2017 at 2:52 PM Post #1,022 of 1,746
Listening to a Teddy Pardo...

Hard to say definitively that it is doing anything. But here's the setup I had before: Chord 2Qute > Cavalli Liquid Carbon > Sennheiser HD800S. It was simply a little over the edge, for my preferred listening. I prefer a balanced to slightly warm signature. I could go back to Gumby or Mojo, and I was fine. But today, with the power supply in front of the 2Qute, I'm not having any issue with HD800S at the end of the chain.

Hi Sheldaze

So, you did see an improvement with the teddy?
Can you give us the teddy pardo reference?

Thanks

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:05 PM Post #1,023 of 1,746
Hi Sheldaze

So, you did see an improvement with the teddy?
Can you give us the teddy pardo reference?

Thanks

It's his generic, 12 volt, with the 2.1mm connector on the DAC end:

https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/generic/teddy12-2.html

To my ears, it is still very slight. I'm hoping to later connect this back to my speakers, where I can much more easily hear small changes in sound. There are definitely some songs where certain sounds have more depth or clarity. But I would not say everything suddenly became more 3D. Very small change, thus far.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #1,024 of 1,746
Also try shortening the DC run as short as possible, even right next to the DAC.  I notice a SQ improvement with my LPS-1's using short runs or adapters.

Feb 24, 2017 at 3:22 PM Post #1,025 of 1,746
With the 2Qute's galvanic isolation, has anyone here tried different clean 5Vbus power to see if it effects SQ on the USB input?

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:39 PM Post #1,027 of 1,746
It's his generic, 12 volt, with the 2.1mm connector on the DAC end:

https://www.teddypardo.com/powersupplies/generic/teddy12-2.html

To my ears, it is still very slight. I'm hoping to later connect this back to my speakers, where I can much more easily hear small changes in sound. There are definitely some songs where certain sounds have more depth or clarity. But I would not say everything suddenly became more 3D. Very small change, thus far.

Thank you. If you fell more chances in kind quality, please don't forget to
Share with us.

David:D

Feb 28, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #1,029 of 1,746
It seems it is almost impossible to buy this one within EU. I found only in UK and they do not ship to my country. Great job Chord! Soon Brexit comes and it will be harder...

Feb 28, 2017 at 4:31 PM Post #1,030 of 1,746
I’m wondering of anyone would know if a 2qute works with a passive headphone amp? I have Nighthawks and they are not hard to drive. My thoughts are that the line out from my Mojo is just an volume setting, the same output level as my 2qute as far as I know, and is a higher volume than I use with my headphones, so I need to reduce and control the volume rather than amplify anything.

Mar 1, 2017 at 6:08 AM Post #1,031 of 1,746
  It seems it is almost impossible to buy this one within EU. I found only in UK and they do not ship to my country. Great job Chord! Soon Brexit comes and it will be harder...

Here you go, 2Qute: http://audiomagic.eu/en/chord-electronics-ltd-2/chord-2qute-dac?from=listing

Mar 1, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #1,032 of 1,746

Here you go, 2Qute: http://audiomagic.eu/en/chord-electronics-ltd-2/chord-2qute-dac?from=listing

I was reading some impressions about chord Hugo and 2qute in another forums, and it impressed me how Chord have a bad reputation in some groups.
Maybe it is related to the price and difficulty to find their products?

Then, i started to look after some explanation about this phenomenon.... it looks like Chord have expensive products that don't give the same premium audio experience. I really cannot speak about that as I am very new in this hobby. Other people disliked the way Chord explains their hardware function, and also dislike the GOD-like poser attitude of Chord CEO

I know this is a little off topic, but if someone could chime in about this matter, I would appreciate.

Mar 1, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #1,033 of 1,746
Regarding better sources for 2Qute... I have never understood why I would need a better box to feed bits to an asynchronous USB interface. I mean, the 2Qute is clocking the input ... And the big beefy laptop is merely idling managing the feed of data. There is zero room for improvement in this case, IMHO...Yet people claim to hear it. I used 'Process Lasso' on my Lenovo thinkpad... Maximizing the priority of JRiver + the USB driver and it was all glorious.
However, I did use a Teddy Pardo and it did help.

Mar 1, 2017 at 8:30 PM Post #1,034 of 1,746
Regarding better sources for 2Qute... I have never understood why I would need a better box to feed bits to an asynchronous USB interface. I mean, the 2Qute is clocking the input ... And the big beefy laptop is merely idling managing the feed of data. There is zero room for improvement in this case, IMHO...Yet people claim to hear it. I used 'Process Lasso' on my Lenovo thinkpad... Maximizing the priority of JRiver + the USB driver and it was all glorious.
However, I did use a Teddy Pardo and it did help.

I have a passing interest in the 2Qute. Since I noticed the name Teddy Pardo pop up a few times, I just googled Teddy Pardo 12v.

The first link is for Teddy Pardo 12V on Head-Fi. The four links next, on the Teddy Pardo website. However all four links are raising an internet security threat. The following.

Threat Name:
Trojan.Gen.SMH
http://www.teddypardo.com/media/wysiwyg/TeddyPardoUSBAudioDriver_DriverSetup_v2.27.0.exe

It's possibly a false positive, or the internet security see the driver launcher as unknown. However it is listed as a virus. (Trojan in nature.)

Mar 2, 2017 at 8:07 AM Post #1,035 of 1,746

I have a passing interest in the 2Qute. Since I noticed the name Teddy Pardo pop up a few times, I just googled Teddy Pardo 12v.

The first link is for Teddy Pardo 12V on Head-Fi. The four links next, on the Teddy Pardo website. However all four links are raising an internet security threat. The following.

Threat Name:
Trojan.Gen.SMH
http://www.teddypardo.com/media/wysiwyg/TeddyPardoUSBAudioDriver_DriverSetup_v2.27.0.exe

It's possibly a false positive, or the internet security see the driver launcher as unknown. However it is listed as a virus. (Trojan in nature.)

Same to me. Trojan in the .exe file

Users who are viewing this thread

Back