Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 14, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #991 of 1,746
24/7 is fine. You can also unplug to turn it off. Whatever works for you.

Not sure what you mean by computer-only? USB input to 2Qute sounds great!

Thank you

I was really worried to leave it ON 24/7

I will be looking foward all your input about power suply
The store I bought 2Qute in Germany was using this one
Sbooster BOTW ECO 12-13.2V

I'm not in the mood to spend 400 dollars in this accessory right now...

Feb 14, 2017 at 7:46 AM Post #992 of 1,746
I will be looking forward all your input about power suply
The store I bought 2Qute in Germany was using this one
Sbooster BOTW ECO 12-13.2V

I'm not in the mood to spend 400 dollars in this accessory right now...

I'm not in the mood either 
biggrin.gif

You'll have to wait for others to chime in on the power supply upgrades. I bought the 2Qute because it solved both the power supply and USB issues. I'm quite enjoying it as the simple, great-sounding little DAC it is!

Feb 14, 2017 at 1:38 PM Post #993 of 1,746
Just wanted to post this for current or potential 2Qute owners.
My system is in my signature. I do power the Qute with a custom 12v LPS from UK manufacturer.
But other than that it's a simple system as indicated below.
I'm listening as I type this and the system is really producing "goose bump" moments.
The instruments are been reproduced so accurately and the music is really flowing. I can listen for hours without fati:Dgue
It so far hasn't failed to put a smile on my face.
This is in context to listening to my main stereo rig in its current configuration for 2 years with many 100's hours passed. I have a Chord DSX1000 as my source.
The headphone rig is certainly a similar experience to my ears. Is it better, I don't really know but it's bloody good.
The 2Qute is an amazing DAC and if possible you should demo it if you can :D
All the best.

Feb 15, 2017 at 7:33 AM Post #994 of 1,746
Just wanted to post this for current or potential 2Qute owners.
My system is in my signature. I do power the Qute with a custom 12v LPS from UK manufacturer.
But other than that it's a simple system as indicated below.
I'm listening as I type this and the system is really producing "goose bump" moments.
The instruments are been reproduced so accurately and the music is really flowing. I can listen for hours without fati:Dgue
It so far hasn't failed to put a smile on my face.
This is in context to listening to my main stereo rig in its current configuration for 2 years with many 100's hours passed. I have a Chord DSX1000 as my source.
The headphone rig is certainly a similar experience to my ears. Is it better, I don't really know but it's bloody good.
The 2Qute is an amazing DAC and if possible you should demo it if you can
biggrin.gif

All the best.

Why would you need a 2Qute with a Chord DSX1000. The Chord DSX1000 is a £7,500 network/steamer that has its own DAC.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:29 PM Post #995 of 1,746
I thought this was clear in my post!
DSX1000 main stereo rig.
2QUTE headphone rig.

Feb 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #996 of 1,746
Power supply question:

I got my hands on an HDPLEX 100w LPS. It has  5v, 9v, 12v and 19v outputs. The 9v powers my reclocker,...but for some reason, the 2Qute wont respond to the 12v line plugged into it. The 12v works just fine as I've powered another 12v device with it. 

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

Feb 15, 2017 at 2:44 PM Post #997 of 1,746
  Power supply question:

I got my hands on an HDPLEX 100w LPS. It has  5v, 9v, 12v and 19v outputs. The 9v powers my reclocker,...but for some reason, the 2Qute wont respond to the 12v line plugged into it. The 12v works just fine as I've powered another 12v device with it. 

Any suggestions on troubleshooting this would be greatly appreciated.

That's strange.  I don't have a 2Qute but I do have the HDPlex 100.  Should be ample enough amps, 2Qute only requires about .5 amp.  Could it be the connector your using isn't correct, too small?  Thus the ground isn't making contact?

Feb 15, 2017 at 5:15 PM Post #999 of 1,746
That's strange.  I don't have a 2Qute but I do have the HDPlex 100.  Should be ample enough amps, 2Qute only requires about .5 amp.  Could it be the connector your using isn't correct, too small?  Thus the ground isn't making contact?
the 12v cable is the only one that fits the socket on the plex (3 prong w/2.1mm connector) the thing that confuses me is that the same 12v cable powers another small amp just fine. I've read that the 2Qute is finicky about power supplies. I'm just stumped at this point.

Feb 15, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #1,000 of 1,746
the 12v cable is the only one that fits the socket on the plex (3 prong w/2.1mm connector) the thing that confuses me is that the same 12v cable powers another small amp just fine. I've read that the 2Qute is finicky about power supplies. I'm just stumped at this point.

​My Uptone audio LPS-1  5.5mm with 2.1mm inside diameter connectors would not fit the connectors from HDPlex, is 2.5mm??.  Thus if your using this connector from HDPlex it may not be making proper contact on the inside of the barrel????

or, the HDPlex is not always spec settings on the DC outputs and it's putting out too much over 12V for the 2Qute???

Strange, I was looking at getting a 2Qute because the Hugo is so finnicky on it's power supply set up.  But if the 2Qute is also, then I think I have great pause.

Feb 19, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #1,002 of 1,746
Ok, I would like to upgrade from Mojo to 2Qute as I found myself using the Mojo much more as a desktop DAC than a portable headphone amp. So what is the consensus here regarding the proper way to connect the 2Qute to an amp? Directly into a power amp (I know, no volume control)? 2Qute into a passive preamp then a power amp? Or 2Qute into an integrated amp? And finally, is 2Qute worth more than double the price of the Mojo?

Feb 19, 2017 at 8:23 AM Post #1,003 of 1,746
Ok, I would like to upgrade from Mojo to 2Qute as I found myself using the Mojo much more as a desktop DAC than a portable headphone amp. So what is the consensus here regarding the proper way to connect the 2Qute to an amp? Directly into a power amp (I know, no volume control)? 2Qute into a passive preamp then a power amp? Or 2Qute into an integrated amp? And finally, is 2Qute worth more than double the price of the Mojo?

Yes yes and yes. As a owner of Mojo and 2qute, mojo is barely half the performance of 2qute via USB inputs. Here's a pic

Feb 19, 2017 at 9:28 AM Post #1,004 of 1,746
Yes yes and yes. As a owner of Mojo and 2qute, mojo is barely half the performance of 2qute via USB inputs. Here's a pic

I use my Mojo as standalong DAC too. And I use old Hi-End CD player as transport.
It sounds much better compared to MacBook Pro with Amarra! (I did comparison with optical cable).
I use both optical and coaxial inputs.
What can you say about 2Qute optical and coaxial inputs?
Is it a big difference compared to Mojo?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back