Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Aug 23, 2016 at 3:06 PM Post #766 of 1,746
Hi

Very interesting thread and sounds very promising regarding sound quality and USB connection.

I am already using a Qute Ex in an office based system but with 2 channel speakers. Have to say fantastic sound and very resolving.

So, since visiting CanJam I will now change the office to a headphone based system and the 2Qute will perform DAC duties.

System will be as follows:

iMac > JRiver 21 > USB > 2Qute > Cavalli LAu > Mr.Speakers Ether Flow Open

I can't wait to hear this once its all setup. Looking forward to hearing the wonderful sound sent from the 2Qute into the LAu and through the Ether Flows! 
L3000.gif

All the best.

Aug 27, 2016 at 7:53 PM Post #767 of 1,746
Hi

Very interesting thread and sounds very promising regarding sound quality and USB connection.

I am already using a Qute Ex in an office based system but with 2 channel speakers. Have to say fantastic sound and very resolving.

So, since visiting CanJam I will now change the office to a headphone based system and the 2Qute will perform DAC duties.

System will be as follows:

iMac > JRiver 21 > USB > 2Qute > Cavalli LAu > Mr.Speakers Ether Flow Open

I can't wait to hear this once its all setup. Looking forward to hearing the wonderful sound sent from the 2Qute into the LAu and through the Ether Flows! :L3000:

All the best.

You need a good quality USB filter or USB/coax converter for computer output

Aug 28, 2016 at 10:28 AM Post #769 of 1,746
Hi, yes reading Rob's notes on 2qute usb DAC filtering and galvanic isolation, I will run as commented above. I don't like to add additional boxes if not required. Keep it simple if you can IMO.

my current system with qute EX sounds wonderful and I think 2qute has additional or better implemented filtering so can't wait.

All the best.

Aug 31, 2016 at 10:22 PM Post #770 of 1,746
I've posted this in its own thread in the reccomendations forum, but thought someone here might have some insight. 

I own a Mojo. I'm in the beginning stages of putting together a new desktop system for my headphones, and I'm a bit stuck with what DAC to get. I would like to go with Chord, but I'm not sure which product I should go for, or if there is one that is right for my needs at all. I can't afford DAVE. I don't need a headphone amp, but I would like XLR outputs if possible. the 2qute looks like a good little DAC, but it doesn't have XLR outputs. The Hugo TT has XLR outputs, but you are paying extra for the headphone amp, which I don't need. 

I was looking at a QBD76 HDSD used, which would be less $ than the HUGO TT. The problem is, I use a Macbook Pro, which has El Capitan installed. I would have to go back to using Yosemite to be able to use the QBD76 HDSD and doing that is a pain, and would cause other problems. 

I could just use my Mojo as my desktop DAC, but I really would like to buy a dedicated system DAC and keep my Mojo for portable/transportable use. 

Should I just give up on the idea of using a Chord DAC? How much better does the Hugo TT sound vs. the 2Qute?

Thanks for the help.

Aug 31, 2016 at 11:54 PM Post #771 of 1,746
2Qute sounds better than Hugo and Mojo in some setups. You ought to try them since synergy with amps is much of a greater deal than buying a far more expensive DAC IMO. Some users noted that 2Qute and Hugo TT sounds so close that you have to listen back and forth many times to find the difference on their system.

Sep 1, 2016 at 2:52 AM Post #772 of 1,746
The 2Qute is the undiscovered black pearl in Chords line up, that even playing along with DAVE in some music on Active Focal studio monitors, so yes it sound more organic and got great deapt. And i think it sounds better overall than the Hugo TT.

Sep 13, 2016 at 4:25 AM Post #774 of 1,746
Any new impressions on 2Qute vs Hugo TT, especially on USB connection?

Sep 17, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #776 of 1,746
I just went to the HiFi show here in Saigon and came away with the 2Qute dac. This will go with the Violectric V220 and the new HD800S I got just 5 days ago. At first listen this dac right out of the box sounds great. I will burn in a few days then really see how this Chord dac sounds after burn in. Cheers.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:08 PM Post #777 of 1,746
I have one question for our friends of 2Qute: I am green newbie and just got the 2Qute yesterday. Now I am playing music from Powerbook new also this year with iTune. The Apple Audio MIDI set up just automatically but the sample rate at the top 384,000 position. None of my files are above 192K. I thought the 2Qute will adjust by itself to what ever files are coming in? How do I make this happen? I have bought so many albums from HDtracks this past 3 months. Thanks in advance. Sounds great, absolutely heaven in fact.

Sep 17, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #778 of 1,746
I have one question for our friends of 2Qute: I am green newbie and just got the 2Qute yesterday. Now I am playing music from Powerbook new also this year with iTune. The Apple Audio MIDI set up just automatically but the sample rate at the top 384,000 position. None of my files are above 192K. I thought the 2Qute will adjust by itself to what ever files are coming in? How do I make this happen? I have bought so many albums from HDtracks this past 3 months. Thanks in advance. Sounds great, absolutely heaven in fact.

You need to manually adjust the sample rate in Audio MIDI Control. I don't know how to make iTunes automatically adjust. I suggest using a music player with bit-perfect playback such as Audirvana. No problem there regarding this issue.

Sep 18, 2016 at 12:45 AM Post #779 of 1,746
You need to manually adjust the sample rate in Audio MIDI Control. I don't know how to make iTunes automatically adjust. I suggest using a music player with bit-perfect playback such as Audirvana. No problem there regarding this issue.

I am very thankful for your reply. I just tried the different sample rates and you know what? I can't hear anything different in sound at all. Hmmmmmm.......... The music I got is all over the map. I will try Audirvana soon. Cheers.

Sep 18, 2016 at 2:48 AM Post #780 of 1,746
I am very thankful for your reply. I just tried the different sample rates and you know what? I can't hear anything different in sound at all. Hmmmmmm.......... The music I got is all over the map. I will try Audirvana soon. Cheers.

Upsampling (or downsampling, I suppose) vs. bit-perfect is a funny business. To me, it is akin to hearing a differences between cables. Some people swear by it, others at it. I think there can be positive differences in keeping things bit-perfect, but like cables, it depends on the recording and the rest of your gear.

I really like Audirvana, BTW. Good interface and stable program. If you're a nerd, you can get deep into technical customization. I am not so much, but I am allergic to iTunes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back