Chord Electronics 2Qute DAC announced
Feb 28, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #661 of 1,746
@andromeda1954,
Chord devices like Hugo, Mojo, 2Qute seem sensitive to high frequencies.
What files do you read? HiRes ? Classical with a lot of strings? I pair my 2Qute with a warm amp like the Aurorasound HEADA.

According to my supplier the sharpness wil disappear with further burn in. It will take at least 300 hours to  come to it's full potential .  I find it hard to believe .

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #663 of 1,746
@andromeda1954,
Chord devices like Hugo, Mojo, 2Qute seem sensitive to high frequencies.
What files do you read? HiRes ? Classical with a lot of strings? I pair my 2Qute with a warm amp like the Aurorasound HEADA.

Agree, my 2qute sounds exactly the same from opening till now, and it's not sensitive to high frequencies at all. Maybe peoples systems are to bright and a transparent DAC is exposing it.

Feb 28, 2016 at 4:02 PM Post #664 of 1,746
Yes @andromeda1954 you could also wait 1000h, why not 
biggrin.gif

Look at a warmer amp with HiRes Classical.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #665 of 1,746
Hi..

Anyone having success playing from linux mpd over dop.

I'm using an oDroid C1+ and running archphile with all new patches and every
now and then the music paused for 1-2 secs.

I can play any other sampling rates up to 354Khz without any problems.

The Developer have asked my which USB chip the Chord 2qute is using,
 but I could not find any info.

/Thanks Michael.

Mar 14, 2016 at 5:56 AM Post #666 of 1,746
Hi @Michaelvv,

The 2Qute doesn't use any audio chip for the conversion but an FPGA which is a multiple programmable logic doors (like ALTERA is specialized in). Chord has programmed the logic with their own algorithms.
After the FPGA the data are converted to an analog signal by an output stage.
You find this kind of design in other DACs like TotalDAC for ex. Output stages are different.

Mar 14, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #667 of 1,746
Hi @Michaelvv,

The 2Qute doesn't use any audio chip for the conversion but an FPGA which is a multiple programmable logic doors (like ALTERA is specialized in). Chord has programmed the logic with their own algorithms.
After the FPGA the data are converted to an analog signal by an output stage.
You find this kind of design in other DACs like TotalDAC for ex. Output stages are different.

Yes I know the purpose of the FPGA.

But I was thinking is the normal USB chip also implemented in the FPGA ???

PS! When I play DOP with squeezelite from af logitech squeezeboxserver ver 7.9, I don't have any issues with DOP pauses.

Mar 14, 2016 at 9:24 AM Post #669 of 1,746
Very good, fine. I use myself an Audioquest 0,75m Forest USB A-B.

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:14 AM Post #670 of 1,746
Yeah I have been thinking about picking up an sbooster, because when I compare my mojo with the 2qute the 2qute is worse. Maybe it's the power that's the problem. Please report back if you buy it. :wink:
I Have the Sbootster for a week now and I can tell you I makes a huge difference. It is like I'm listening to a different DAC. The sound is very smooth and the soundstage more 3 dimensional deeper and wider and the bass is deeper more controlled

Mar 14, 2016 at 2:09 PM Post #671 of 1,746
You could have told be that yesterday before I ordered a ifi ipower (thinking I could get away much cheaper) :wink:. If you feel like providing more impressions through you're remaining time with sbooster, please do. When I receive my ipower I promise to do the same. :)

Mar 14, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #672 of 1,746
You could have told be that yesterday before I ordered a ifi ipower (thinking I could get away much cheaper)
wink.gif
. If you feel like providing more impressions through you're remaining time with sbooster, please do. When I receive my ipower I promise to do the same.
smily_headphones1.gif

For me the Sbooster is a up grate from the Ipower which i had connected before to the 2Qute. The Ipower works also good, but the difference with the original power supply is minimal but you can hear it after the burnin time . The Sbootster is a other story, after the recommend 100 hours burn in , the difference with the original power supply is huge and simply amazing . It is also 5 times more expensive but for me it is worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back