Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Apr 1, 2024 at 7:35 PM Post #18,677 of 18,780
^
No google in Spain? :smirk:
Bandcamp often has freebies. Same with Soundcloud. If you're into the pirate life then I'll offer zero help.

Apr 1, 2024 at 9:32 PM Post #18,680 of 18,780
Definite ±1 for BandCamp. The only platform I know that pays artists fairly. If it's on there, I buy it, no question. Problem is, if/when a band signs to a major, they won't be allowed to release on BandCamp anymore, because Spotify etc are playing the payola game. At that point imho it's all fair, wherever U get your tunes, cos chances are the artist is getting f-all of the revenue. If U want to make it fair, go see them live and chuck a tenner at the stage - bypass the leaches.

Apr 2, 2024 at 6:27 AM Post #18,684 of 18,780
Folks, I can't find my music on Bandcamp... where could I download or listen to flac or uncompressed music?
What's the point of having a DDC when you already have a DAC? Isn't it redundant? Cheers

You may want a DDC (digital to digital convertor) like the poly if you don't want to use it from a phone, tablet, or computer. All which have potential noise issues.

The poly adds significant functionality to the Mojo2. If you want a portable streamer for example. Many feel the poly offers the best if not one of the best sounding sources for the Mojo.

Apr 2, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #18,686 of 18,780
Hi,
I‘m having trouble browsing albums in DSD on Poly‘s mSD card. I know this has been discussed in depth here, still I seem to get something wrong.

I keep albums in PCM and DSD in separate folders on the card. Usually I use mconnect or 8Player on iOS, but learned here I‘d have to use an mpd-capable client-app instead as Poly‘s DLNA-server doesn‘t support DSD.

I tried Glider, but only the albums in PCM show up.

Could it be that all files (both DSD and PCM) have to be in a single folder?

Thanks for any hint,
Tom
The same issue for me as well. And I’ve tried 8PlayerPro, Rigelian and mconnect.
Seems like there are different formats for DSD 🤷‍♂️

Apr 3, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #18,688 of 18,780
For people who want DSD playback a Chord DAC isn't really the DAC for you. If you feed it native DSD it has to convert it to PCM first. You might as well feed it PCM in the 1st place.

Don't worry if Poly can or can't handle DSD files and just move on.
No, we need a new Poly with full DSD support and latest Bluetooth codecs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back