Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 22, 2024 at 12:27 AM Post #18,451 of 18,774
I always use Roon+Qobuz with Poly, but today I tried Spotify and Tidal. How come I can't see Poly in neither Tidal and Spotify app? They are all connected to the same network. Did I forget to enable anything?

Jan 22, 2024 at 1:29 AM Post #18,452 of 18,774
I always use Roon+Qobuz with Poly, but today I tried Spotify and Tidal. How come I can't see Poly in neither Tidal and Spotify app? They are all connected to the same network. Did I forget to enable anything?

iOS or Android?

Poly doesn’t have Spotify or Tidal connect.

Jan 22, 2024 at 5:26 AM Post #18,453 of 18,774
Jan 22, 2024 at 7:38 AM Post #18,454 of 18,774
iOS or Android?

Poly doesn’t have Spotify or Tidal connect.
Android. This is what I found from the manual. I'm confused 🤔

"Poly has full Tidal and Spotify integration meaning that when Poly is connected to your local network, or Smartphone’s network, Poly will be seen as an audio output and it will be selectable."

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:50 AM Post #18,455 of 18,774

"Poly has full Tidal and Spotify integration meaning that when Poly is connected to your local network, or Smartphone’s network, Poly will be seen as an audio output and it will be selectable."
Which manual is that? The v3.3 on Chord's website doesn't mention either. Spotify would be a (long everdue) welcome feature

Jan 22, 2024 at 11:10 AM Post #18,456 of 18,774
Jan 22, 2024 at 11:56 AM Post #18,457 of 18,774

Ah. Got it. Yeah, spotify and tidal connect never happened.

Jan 22, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #18,459 of 18,774
Jan 22, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #18,460 of 18,774
Ah, does that mean Spotify can only be done via bluetooth or airplay?
Correct.

Spotify connect and tidal connect were promised but never delivered

Jan 22, 2024 at 3:54 PM Post #18,463 of 18,774
Lol, even my tv has tidal and spotify connect. What's so hard for you to implement, POLY?!!
I think the main issue here is that the Poly is a device and not a developer :wink:

It's a shame Chord is so hell-bent on keeping their firmware closed-source. As has been shown many many times, opening up your platform to 3rd parties, builds a community (rockbox, linux, Pebble, and other platforms/products).

What's weird to me is that they seem to be using Linux (Poly runs MPD, miniDLNA, BlueZ, all are linux based programs) so is more than willing to take from said community.

Jan 24, 2024 at 7:28 AM Post #18,464 of 18,774
Try forwarding the ARC port. That should solve your issues. That probably will be the first thing Roon will tell you to do. The minimal decrease to your network's security is worth it.
I further investigated this issue, and saw that in Roon -> Settings -> Roon ARC, Roon reported “not ready” or something to that effect. I began poking around and things got bad really fast resulting in no WiFi service in my home. I then did a full reset of the router and after a few hours of work (with a new IP address complicating matters elsewhere), I went to Settings -> Roon ARC and Roon reported “ready". I went out for a walk last night using Roon ARC on my Mojo2 Poly, listening to Lester Young, 1956 in Washington DC and Roon ARC worked!!

No need for Port Forwarding :) or any other investigations.

Thanks!

Jan 28, 2024 at 8:29 AM Post #18,465 of 18,774
Hi everyone.

I am lookinh for help here to make my new poly work.

When I try to cast qobuz to poly via bubbleupnp app on android smartphone, the sound is subject to continuous interruptions, it is not possible to listen to anything. At the beginning I thought this was happening only for hi res tracks, but it happens even with cd quality tracks.

If I try to cast qobuz to poly via uapp, the track won't even start.

Never had problems of bandwidth with my home wifi before. And even now it works because if I stream from qobuz from my smartphone with mojo 2 connected via usb (and uapp) the sound is perfectly normal.

Someone can help?

Thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back