Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 16, 2023 at 11:52 AM Post #18,166 of 18,774
I bought a poly a few days ago, charged it all day using a 2A charger, connected to a fully charged Mojo2. The M status light indicates Mojo2 is fully charged, the P status light has not illuminated at all, in any colour. I think mine may be dead or damaged as the P status light appears to be a hole rather than an LED, on the M status light there is a small plastic lens that is missing from the P light. This is supposedly a new unit from a well known retailer. They're swapping it for me no questions but the lack of P status light interests me. I was never able to get Gofigure to connect to the Poly in normal or alternate mode, I activated BT discovery on phone, disconnected my watch from phone etc.
Did you try charging Poly disconnected from Mojo?

Sep 16, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #18,167 of 18,774
Did you try charging Poly disconnected from Mojo?
Yes, I've tried it with the Mojo2 attached and switched off, switched on and unattached, in all possible variables the P status light has not illuminated in any colour at all.
It's passing current to the Mojo2 as it charges and the M status light works properly, they P status light does not work and the Gofigure app will not recognise the Poly.

Sep 16, 2023 at 12:14 PM Post #18,168 of 18,774
Yes, I've tried it with the Mojo2 attached and switched off, switched on and unattached, in all possible variables the P status light has not illuminated in any colour at all.
It's passing current to the Mojo2 as it charges and the M status light works properly, they P status light does not work and the Gofigure app will not recognise the Poly.
If you connect Poly to the power and leave it that way for a few minutes, are you able to view it on your WIFI?

Even if it's never been connected, it will see your WiFi, and the WiFi will always see Poly.
If not, it's safe to assume it's dead

Sep 16, 2023 at 2:47 PM Post #18,169 of 18,774
If you connect Poly to the power and leave it that way for a few minutes, are you able to view it on your WIFI?

Even if it's never been connected, it will see your WiFi, and the WiFi will always see Poly.
If not, it's safe to assume it's dead
Hi, thanks, no it's dead. I tried the manual setup with he pin and that didn't work either.
I'll return it.
Can't say I am impressed, dead out the box, not even an LED to indicate charging on a brand new unit.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:35 PM Post #18,170 of 18,774
I got the replacement Poly and it worked as expected out the box, using as a Roon endpoint earlier with my Meze 109 Pro's & now with my Focal Clear Mg's, I am very impressed with the sound. I'd previously used the Mojo2 connected to a Roon bridge on a Raspberry Pi runnng Moode Audio, definitely a step up in sound.
Thanks to those that reached out on the forum & by dm to help, it's appreciated.

Sep 20, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #18,171 of 18,774
Haven't tested it fully yet, but iOS 17 seems to have messed up how iOS handles being on a Wi-Fi without internet. Previously when connected to the Poly in hotspot mode iOS would detect no internet and then use cellular for internet connectivity while still allowing AirPlay and UPNP on the Poly Wi-Fi connection. After iOS 17 is seems to no longer want to failover to cellular for internet connectivity (yes even with Wi-Fi Assist enabled). It attempts to use the Poly's hotspot regardless which of course fails.

I plan on testing it a bit more, but in the meantime the solution is to set a static IP without a Router configured. This will force it use cellular for internet (all the 0.0.0.0/0 routes) but still allow AirPlay and UPNP to the Poly (the 192.168.1.0/24 routes).
  1. Connect to the Poly hotspot as normal.
  2. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Click on the ( i ) next to the connected hotspot.
  3. Note your current IP Address.
  4. Change Configure IP to Manual.
  5. Set the IP Address to what it was previously.
  6. Set the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0.
  7. Leave the Router field blank.
  8. Click Save.
  9. Set Configure DNS to Manual.
  10. Add the DNS Server 192.168.1.1.
You should now be able to get to the internet over cellular while still being able to AirPlay and connect to UPNP to the Poly.

Will update once I test a bit more if it turned out to just be a one off. For now though, can confirm this workaround works well.

Sep 21, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #18,173 of 18,774
Haven't tested it fully yet, but iOS 17 seems to have messed up how iOS handles being on a Wi-Fi without internet. Previously when connected to the Poly in hotspot mode iOS would detect no internet and then use cellular for internet connectivity while still allowing AirPlay and UPNP on the Poly Wi-Fi connection. After iOS 17 is seems to no longer want to failover to cellular for internet connectivity (yes even with Wi-Fi Assist enabled). It attempts to use the Poly's hotspot regardless which of course fails.

I plan on testing it a bit more, but in the meantime the solution is to set a static IP without a Router configured. This will force it use cellular for internet (all the 0.0.0.0/0 routes) but still allow AirPlay and UPNP to the Poly (the 192.168.1.0/24 routes).
  1. Connect to the Poly hotspot as normal.
  2. Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Click on the ( i ) next to the connected hotspot.
  3. Note your current IP Address.
  4. Change Configure IP to Manual.
  5. Set the IP Address to what it was previously.
  6. Set the Subnet Mask to 255.255.255.0.
  7. Leave the Router field blank.
  8. Click Save.
  9. Set Configure DNS to Manual.
  10. Add the DNS Server 192.168.1.1.
You should now be able to get to the internet over cellular while still being able to AirPlay and connect to UPNP to the Poly.

Will update once I test a bit more if it turned out to just be a one off. For now though, can confirm this workaround works well.
My iPhone has never worked properly in this scenario on the "old" OS. I know I've tried to get it working so many times and wasted so much of my life trying to listen to music on the go with Poly.

This is why I got Speedify since then its just worked every time. Its an extra expense but the prescription costs for high blood pressure tablets were costing me more.

Sep 21, 2023 at 2:49 PM Post #18,174 of 18,774
Hi I have an issue on Poly I believe.
At the first time I got Poly, I enjoy it pretty well until it cannot turn on anymore. Then I get a replacement unit which is also new according to the company.
This time the BubbleUPnP android app cannot see the Poly server with my SD card musics files. It can play by using music file on the phone and use Poly as a renderer, but not seeing files on SD card of Poly. This was not a problem with my first unit, where BubbleUPnP shows both the Poly renderer and Poly library.
The MPD method using MALP client app works well, I can play music files, create playlists and see the files on Poly SD card.
It seems like it was not a hardware problem, but how to fix? Likely the Poly does not cast itself as a DLNA server such that no way for BubbleUPnP to connect. Is there a switch or setting in the GoFigure app or somewhere to turn this function on?
Thanks!

Sep 21, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #18,175 of 18,774
Hi I have an issue on Poly I believe.
At the first time I got Poly, I enjoy it pretty well until it cannot turn on anymore. Then I get a replacement unit which is also new according to the company.
This time the BubbleUPnP android app cannot see the Poly server with my SD card musics files. It can play by using music file on the phone and use Poly as a renderer, but not seeing files on SD card of Poly. This was not a problem with my first unit, where BubbleUPnP shows both the Poly renderer and Poly library.
The MPD method using MALP client app works well, I can play music files, create playlists and see the files on Poly SD card.
It seems like it was not a hardware problem, but how to fix? Likely the Poly does not cast itself as a DLNA server such that no way for BubbleUPnP to connect. Is there a switch or setting in the GoFigure app or somewhere to turn this function on?
Thanks!
I'm interested because with my Poly I've never managed to make it work as a server to play files inside the mSD via BubbleUPnP, even though I generally prefer to use the MPD function with MAFA or M.A.LP, because it's more immediate.

Sep 24, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #18,176 of 18,774
How do you get the SD card inside the Chord Poly recognised in Mconnect? I just used the 2Go + Hugo 2 and it worked fine, but somehow on the Chord Poly it is not being recognised. The Poly is running the latest firmware update.

It's just not showing up as a local server no matter how many times I restart Mconnect. The Poly is detected as a UPnP device, so it's clearly connected.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2023 at 12:26 PM Post #18,177 of 18,774
Never mind. Seems that turning off and turning on the Chord Poly, fixed this bug of the Chord Poly.

It's amazing that in 2023, this thing still doesn't work like it should.

Sep 24, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #18,178 of 18,774
Never mind. Seems that turning off and turning on the Chord Poly, fixed this bug of the Chord Poly.

It's amazing that in 2023, this thing still doesn't work like it should.
Well my problem is pretty consistent. Both bubbleUPnP and Mconnect only show Poly as Renderer, no a server for the SD card.
Reboot, reinstall, reset do not work.
The MPD way using MALP work well.
I am trying to contact chord electronics for a solution.

Sep 25, 2023 at 9:32 AM Post #18,180 of 18,774
Final release of tvOS 17 on Apple TV still not working with Poly via Airplay. On previous version it was working fine.
Anyone tried?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back