Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Sep 10, 2023 at 1:50 AM Post #18,151 of 19,125
I am surprised that your company is so lax regarding cybersecurity.
My workplace has a separate “visitor" WiFi network for public devices, I just choose not to use it. I suppose my device would be more exposed to attack from other devices sharing the visitor WIFi but that doesn’t bother me, it’s just that I have plenty of data (160gb) on my plan.

Sep 10, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #18,152 of 19,125
Yes it will but what we assumed would be a simple process has turned into months of work with Spotify to get code and licensing. We still have more work to do but it's
much close now.
This was back in August 2019...

With this follow-up in July 2020:
We are still tackling this with Google but Spotify is a separate case and we are making some progress now.

When the 2go launched it was stated that it would get spotify connect in a future firmware as well.

Are there any news on this?

Sep 11, 2023 at 7:59 PM Post #18,155 of 19,125
I’ve heard conflicting reports. It seems as though Apple Music via Airplay 2 sends AAC 256 no matter what quality setting is selected. It seems that it was a software decision by Apple for Apple Music specifically even though Airplay itself can do 16/44.1 for audio, 16/48 when sending video, and 24/48 for HomePods communicating between each other in a stereo pair or multi room. However I have then seen that Apple Music via Airplay 1 doesn’t convert to AAC and can send up to 16/44.1 if the track is that or higher (granted it will have to down convert potentially via non integer math and I’m guessing truncated bits if the track is higher than 16/44.1). The mojo 2 shows the received sample rate only. I’m curious if anyone knows how to confirm what codec and bit depth the Poly receives via Airplay during playback? It honestly sounds great, but I couldn’t help but wonder :)

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:01 AM Post #18,156 of 19,125
I’ve heard conflicting reports. It seems as though Apple Music via Airplay 2 sends AAC 256 no matter what quality setting is selected. It seems that it was a software decision by Apple for Apple Music specifically even though Airplay itself can do 16/44.1 for audio, 16/48 when sending video, and 24/48 for HomePods communicating between each other in a stereo pair or multi room. However I have then seen that Apple Music via Airplay 1 doesn’t convert to AAC and can send up to 16/44.1 if the track is that or higher (granted it will have to down convert potentially via non integer math and I’m guessing truncated bits if the track is higher than 16/44.1). The mojo 2 shows the received sample rate only. I’m curious if anyone knows how to confirm what codec and bit depth the Poly receives via Airplay during playback? It honestly sounds great, but I couldn’t help but wonder :)
I simply avoided the whole issue and used another music app when streaming via Airplay but who knows if that app (Qobuz) encodes stuff before sending it so now I tend to avoid Airplay totally if I'm at home and only use Airplay when walking, where it would be difficult to tell the difference.

The only way to know for sure would be to get a packet sniffer and capture all the packets, or perhaps look at the size of the transmitted data for a single track to determine if its been recompressed.

Wireshark could probably do this, I have used it in the past but I can't be bothered to look at this Airplay music data. :)

Sep 12, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #18,157 of 19,125
AirPlay sends up to 16/44.1. It doesn’t compress the file. So if you send a hi-res file it will convert it to 16/44.1. If you send a lower resolution file, that’s what you’ll get.

Sep 12, 2023 at 4:21 AM Post #18,159 of 19,125
The document linked here has good info on airplay 2 with some evidence. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/airplay-2-not-lossless/249574/13?u=gregd

Also useful info from the Software Director at Naim https://community.naimaudio.com/t/apple-music-hifi-tier-incoming/16445/1062?u=gregd

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2023 at 8:28 AM Post #18,160 of 19,125
The only way to avoid the Airplay issue, if anyone is bothered, is to use an app like MConnect and stream music using DLNA, unless anyone tells me any different, DLNA is always lossless. So that is what I currently do when I want the best wireless possible.

I believe that Airplay beats Bluetooth but, probably even that isn't 100% true.

Roon, can't we have portable RAAT? That would be awesome.

Sep 12, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #18,161 of 19,125
Sep 15, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #18,162 of 19,125
With the new Poly update, it no longer flashes when charged, but the charging light goes out completely. Not sure if it shuts down or just stops flashing.
Been a while that I used Poly so battery is drained. Having the same, no flashing led while charging (if it is…..). Is this normal?

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:42 PM Post #18,163 of 19,125
Been a while that I used Poly so battery is drained. Having the same, no flashing led while charging (if it is…..). Is this normal?
I suggest you leave plugged in overnight. If you still don't see any LEDs come on or flash, then contact Chord.

Sep 15, 2023 at 5:45 PM Post #18,164 of 19,125
I suggest you leave plugged in overnight. If you still don't see any LEDs come on or flash, then contact Chord.
Thank you, I just did that 😀.

Sep 16, 2023 at 4:36 AM Post #18,165 of 19,125
I bought a poly a few days ago, charged it all day using a 2A charger, connected to a fully charged Mojo2. The M status light indicates Mojo2 is fully charged, the P status light has not illuminated at all, in any colour. I think mine may be dead or damaged as the P status light appears to be a hole rather than an LED, on the M status light there is a small plastic lens that is missing from the P light. This is supposedly a new unit from a well known retailer. They're swapping it for me no questions but the lack of P status light interests me. I was never able to get Gofigure to connect to the Poly in normal or alternate mode, I activated BT discovery on phone, disconnected my watch from phone etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back