Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 18, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #17,941 of 18,775
I tried various applications in order to listen from a phone or from a memory card - everything works very badly, the normal scheme is to use only with Roon

I use Poly/Mojo 2 at work occasionally. Poly remains in hotspot mode as I exclusively play music off micro SD cards. This has worked flawlessly.

Jul 19, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #17,942 of 18,775
Is there any minium firmware version for poly so it can be paired with mojo2? Because i can’t find the poly in gofigure apps, and when i try to change the modes, i can’t hear any mode sound indicator, and the poly just turned off it self when i try to change modes

Jul 19, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #17,943 of 18,775
Is there any minium firmware version for poly so it can be paired with mojo2? Because i can’t find the poly in gofigure apps, and when i try to change the modes, i can’t hear any mode sound indicator, and the poly just turned off it self when i try to change modes
I think there is. If your poly has early firmware you may need a friend (or dealer) with a mojo1 to get it upgraded.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #17,944 of 18,775
Poly should have firmware v3 for use with Mojo 2 (Correct, Mojo 1 needed to do the update).

Jul 20, 2023 at 4:32 AM Post #17,945 of 18,775
I think there is. If your poly has early firmware you may need a friend (or dealer) with a mojo1 to get it upgraded.
Yeah, i'm borrowing mojo1 from my friend, and my surprise the firmware is 1.0.6 i believe it's from 2017 lol. But i can't figure how to update it so i can use gofigure, because gofigure itself need atleast firmware 1.0.11

Jul 20, 2023 at 5:16 AM Post #17,948 of 18,775
Sorry if this a stupid question, but why do you need Poly or 2Go if you can just come USB out of your phone?
There are no stupid questions. :)

For me it is the simple fact that I've tried probably 20 cables and none of them are reliable enough to maintain a good connection when on the go. The cable either breaks or the connection drops, or both.

I can also put my Mojo2 in one pocket or bag and the phone somewhere else, I don't even take a phone sometimes, just set the Poly playing from an SD card and go.

Jul 20, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #17,949 of 18,775
While I still haven't made a decision, I have been reading the recent discourse. Am I to understand that if I buy a Poly to use with my Mojo 2, there's a chance that it simply will not work unless I source a Mojo 1 to perform a firmware update?

Jul 20, 2023 at 1:57 PM Post #17,950 of 18,775
Yeah, i'm borrowing mojo1 from my friend, and my surprise the firmware is 1.0.6 i believe it's from 2017 lol. But i can't figure how to update it so i can use gofigure, because gofigure itself need atleast firmware 1.0.11
Yes that firmware suggests it is one of the very early Polys.
There are update instructions for newer versions of the firmware in this FAQ, but for such an old firmware version you may have to search for the instructions posted in this thread, or it may be quicker to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #17,951 of 18,775
While I still haven't made a decision, I have been reading the recent discourse. Am I to understand that if I buy a Poly to use with my Mojo 2, there's a chance that it simply will not work unless I source a Mojo 1 to perform a firmware update?
The current firmware v3 was released in late 2021, so if you buy a new Poly shipped after that date, you should be OK.
If you are buying pre-owned, then you need to ask the seller what is the firmware version.

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:15 PM Post #17,952 of 18,775
There are update instructions for newer versions of the firmware in this FAQ, but for such an old firmware version you may have to search for the instructions posted in this thread, or it may be quicker to email support@chordelectronics.co.uk and see what they propose.
Instructions are in the FAQ under

HOW DO I UPDATE POLY TO FIRMWARE VERSION 2.0.0?​

Jul 20, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #17,954 of 18,775
Yes but those instructions require poly to be already 1.0.43, which is many firmware updates later than the 1.0.6 which he is starting from.
He may need to perform multiple iterative updates, just to get to 1.0.43.
The iinstructions are there. The preupdate step can be repeated as necessary.

Attachments

• IMG_0711.png
    IMG_0711.png
    430.4 KB · Views: 0
Jul 21, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #17,955 of 18,775
Just need to connect my poly to wifi and let it on until the p-status flashing red green blue (indicating that the poly updating) wait 5 minutes, and turned it off and voila, my firmware successfully updated to 1.0.43. And just let gofigure update the firmware to V3. Now i'm pretty happy with my poly, i bought it ~230usd 2nd hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back