Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 20, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #17,686 of 18,773
Hi guys, does Poly have the true desktop mode (disconnect the battery from the mainboard) like Mojo 2? Or it still is kept charging while Mojo 2 is in desktop mode?

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:23 AM Post #17,687 of 18,773
Hi guys, does Poly have the true desktop mode (disconnect the battery from the mainboard) like Mojo 2? Or it still is kept charging while Mojo 2 is in desktop mode?
It has something similar but different. I've been reassured by Chord that a permanently connected Poly or 2Go will suffer no ill effects.

Poly has been out for some years now and I've not read any stories of battery issues.

Mar 20, 2023 at 10:27 AM Post #17,688 of 18,773
It has something similar but different. I've been reassured by Chord that a permanently connected Poly or 2Go will suffer no ill effects.

Poly has been out for some years now and I've not read any stories of battery issues.
The desktop mode in Mojo 2 is really valuable for me since I use my gear daily from home to office, currently looking for a Poly but still afraid that the battery will be degraded fast by keeping them power connected daily

Mar 20, 2023 at 2:16 PM Post #17,690 of 18,773
The desktop mode in Mojo 2 is really valuable for me since I use my gear daily from home to office, currently looking for a Poly but still afraid that the battery will be degraded fast by keeping them power connected daily
Would your Poly be connected all day? I connect my Mojo 2 via Optical or USBC, neither which you can do if Poly attached. If you are just using Poly all day then run off the 8/9 hour battery and charge nightly, way better for the battery.

Mar 21, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #17,691 of 18,773
Tried all of the above and still no luck. Emailed Chord as well and they responded with a line, drain the battery and try again otherwise take it to a dealer. Not so helpful given I bought the unit from a fellow Head-fier. Any other thoughts from the group?
Just a quick update, I tried one more time to fully drain it and fully charge it, this time I left it on and waited over 30 hours and then fully charged it again and the poly showed up in the app and i was able to connect. It seemed to almost have restarted as i had to reselect my WiFi and renter my password. Will try over the next few days to switch between hotspot and WiFi mode and make sure it doesn’t freeze again.

Mar 25, 2023 at 4:13 AM Post #17,693 of 18,773
Mar 25, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #17,694 of 18,773
Mar 26, 2023 at 8:17 AM Post #17,696 of 18,773
All of a sudden I can’t use internet on my phone when connected to poly, can someone point me to the post or DM the settings to get it working again. Thanks!!
Is the Poly set to hotspot mode, if so, and your phone is connected to Poly via hotspot, then the phone internet will stop working. Check which WiFi network your phone is connected to; and check with mode poly is setup to.

Mar 26, 2023 at 8:36 AM Post #17,697 of 18,773
All of a sudden I can’t use internet on my phone when connected to poly, can someone point me to the post or DM the settings to get it working again. Thanks!!
Try these settings (based on an iPhone):

1) Set Poly to Hybrid Mode where Network is "Poly Hotspot Mode" and Play Mode is "Everything Else"

2) Set iPhone Settings => WiFi =>My Networks to "Poly-xxxxxx where my settings are:
IMG_0455.PNG

3) Enable AirPlay by selecting my PolyName

That does it for me every time.

Mar 26, 2023 at 9:37 AM Post #17,698 of 18,773
Try these settings (based on an iPhone):

1) Set Poly to Hybrid Mode where Network is "Poly Hotspot Mode" and Play Mode is "Everything Else"

2) Set iPhone Settings => WiFi =>My Networks to "Poly-xxxxxx where my settings are:
IMG_0455.PNG

3) Enable AirPlay by selecting my PolyName

That does it for me every time.

Are these the settings that let you use the mojo poly on the go and still retain internet on the phone? If so, apologies for my last post. I have a mojo 2 / poly and was at canjam nyc last month and someone mentioned those settings are around but didnt have the details on hand. I do have a few questions about this. If we setup the poly this way, and stream tidal / Qobuz, is internet usage from the phone, which is unlimited or does it see it as a hotspot, which is limited? Or does this vary if we are using tidal via airplay to the poly vs say using mconnect or 8player to play tidal / Qobuz. To the extent I want to play from memory card, i assume i still use mconnect / 8player. Lastly, if both ways data usage is phone internet and not phone hotspot, is there a preferred method to stream tidal / qobuz? I thought airplay was limited.
Thanks,

Mar 26, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #17,699 of 18,773
Are these the settings that let you use the mojo poly on the go and still retain internet on the phone? If so, apologies for my last post. I have a mojo 2 / poly and was at canjam nyc last month and someone mentioned those settings are around but didnt have the details on hand. I do have a few questions about this. If we setup the poly this way, and stream tidal / Qobuz, is internet usage from the phone, which is unlimited or does it see it as a hotspot, which is limited? Or does this vary if we are using tidal via airplay to the poly vs say using mconnect or 8player to play tidal / Qobuz. To the extent I want to play from memory card, i assume i still use mconnect / 8player. Lastly, if both ways data usage is phone internet and not phone hotspot, is there a preferred method to stream tidal / qobuz? I thought airplay was limited.
Thanks,
I use these settings to play music from Roon ARC with AirPlay (my main use case) and music stored on the SD card with the Rigelian app. I use this configuration as it allows me to listen to music **and** search the web on my browser via cellular. I don’t have Tidal or Qubuz so I can’t comment there. My understanding is that it is always using cellular in that mode, so that could be a deal killer for those with limited cellular contracts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back