Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 13, 2023 at 6:34 PM Post #17,656 of 18,772
With Wifi, i use Maximum MPD to create playlists. With Bluetooth, after I use the Playlists with Gofigure
Thanks. I don’t want Bluetooth I want to play from the SD card direct to Mojo 2, no wireless of any kind as going for best sound.

Mar 13, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #17,657 of 18,772
Thanks. I don’t want Bluetooth I want to play from the SD card direct to Mojo 2, no wireless of any kind as going for best sound.
Sorry maybe you meant just use Bluetooth so the Gofigure app will connect and then run the playlist from there, my apologies if so it just hit me. 😁

Mar 13, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #17,659 of 18,772
I've had good success with Glider. It is long in the tooth and hasn't been updated in several years. But it is very well-designed! I love the UI. There is a one-time $10 fee for all services, so no monthly/yearly subscriptions. It does need a WiFi connection to control the Mojo2. hth

Mar 14, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #17,660 of 18,772
I’m still experimenting with both MPDlux and Rigelian.

The latter is an annual subscription - but not at all expensive.

I think Rigelian is a nicer UI getting away from directories.
I think I've been through them all by now (MPD and UPNP) and prefer Rigelian by a long shot for playing from the SD. Yes, it's a sub but it's literally a couple of £/$ a year.

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:17 AM Post #17,661 of 18,772
Hey guy's,
I'm getting a lot of crackling using Airplay to play/stream Qobuz, for some reason, any ideas?
It will sometimes not only crackle but also play like fast forward for a second or so. It'll do this several times them seems to settle down with just the odd crackle now and then. My network DLNA using Android is quiet, no issues at all.
Using Glider to play SD card DLNA is quet also, no probs.
It's just Airplay.

If I can't stop it is thier an MPD like Bubble upnp, that i use to stream Qobuz on Android, I can use on IOS, my iPhone SE ?
Can Glider do it? If so how do you go about it? ........ I'd also like to play my imported Qobuz files offline if possible?
Hi syks! Did you ever get an answer to your question? I just bought a used Poly and am hearing faint crackling sounds when the music hits certain frequencies. Would love to hear if there's a solution for that...

Mar 14, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #17,662 of 18,772
To use UPnP,
you need WIFI and Android and the App BubbleUPNP. Not 4G.
OR. You need WIFI, IOS and the App MconnectHD. Not Airplay.
But I can create a hotspot on my android Phone and use Mconnect HD on my IPAD Connected on my smartphone to stream the files inside.

Are you sure that the dropout came from Poly.
If a lot of app are running in my smartphone, i could have dropout with DLNA too. Saturation of the ressources.
I suggest you to close the max of App when you use the Poly.
I don’t quite follow. My method of hotspot is described here and with the image from that post below:
Screenshot 2023-03-14 at 7.24.45 PM.png

Is that different from UPnP? It looks similar to the hotspot mode described in the manual. I’m using an iPhone, BTW.

I am pretty certain that the dropouts are from the Poly. For example, two of my three use cases are Roon (non-ARC) in my home and playing music loaded on the SD card- both of those modes perform fine. My third and now dominant on-the-go use case is Roon ARC. I experience regular dropouts when I use the Poly with Roon ARC. When I use Roon ARC on my iPhone without the Poly, I don't get any dropouts.

Mar 14, 2023 at 10:40 PM Post #17,663 of 18,772
I don’t quite follow. My method of hotspot is described here and with the image from that post below:

Is that different from UPnP? It looks similar to the hotspot mode described in the manual. I’m using an iPhone, BTW.

I am pretty certain that the dropouts are from the Poly. For example, two of my three use cases are Roon (non-ARC) in my home and playing music loaded on the SD card- both of those modes perform fine. My third and now dominant on-the-go use case is Roon ARC. I experience regular dropouts when I use the Poly with Roon ARC. When I use Roon ARC on my iPhone without the Poly, I don't get any dropouts.
Is that different from UPnP? YES

I have tried to show you the road that maybe Ed could suggest you.
Use an another App working ”Universal Plug and Play” UPnP.
With an IPhone, Mconnect is UPnP. Mconnect will show you the devices that are usable on your network ” renderer “
Mcconnect will show you the libraries usable on your network. “Server”
No need to input an IP address and subnet Mask.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 11:57 AM Post #17,664 of 18,772
Or as I've said before, install and pay for Speedify its not too expensive when you consider some (insane HeadFier's) pay $2,700 for an IEM cable.

Speedify will combine all your Internet connections into one faster connection with the bonus that it allows a connection to Poly's Hotspot and any other Internet connection(s) and everything will just work allowing streaming from the Internet straight to Poly.

Mar 16, 2023 at 6:56 PM Post #17,665 of 18,772
Anyone have the Poly and not use Roon? In my short testing Airplay didn't sound as good and also had many glitches while Roon had none. Roon is so expensive though, sigh. :frowning2:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #17,666 of 18,772
Anyone have the Poly and not use Roon? In my short testing Airplay didn't sound as good and also had many glitches while Roon had none. Roon is so expensive though, sigh. :frowning2:
I am as I’m not an Roon user. I use AirPlay and it works without a glitch for me.

Mar 16, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #17,667 of 18,772
I am as I’m not an Roon user. I use AirPlay and it works without a glitch for me.
Can I ask why you think the Poly is worth it in your case? Is plugging your phone direct into Mojo that inconvenient? I’m struggling on seeing how I can keep it to save a 6” cable. Thanks.

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #17,668 of 18,772
FWIW I mostly use Roon - but I have been using the AirPlay support to watch TV when I want to listen with headphones.

The quality seems fine to the extent I can tell - but I do get an occasional disconnect of a few seconds - which might be my mesh network. I haven’t noticed this with roon,

Mar 16, 2023 at 8:44 PM Post #17,669 of 18,772
Can I ask why you think the Poly is worth it in your case? Is plugging your phone direct into Mojo that inconvenient? I’m struggling on seeing how I can keep it to save a 6” cable. Thanks.
Mostly because of the convenience of wireless. Having my phone detached makes a difference to me. I didn’t like having all that pressure on the USB cable when carrying the Mojo upside down in my pocket. To me it created a failure point and the Poly eliminates that concern. It’s definitely user preference.

Mar 17, 2023 at 3:12 AM Post #17,670 of 18,772
Let me give you an example. Went on a 2 hour walk yesterday, using Airplay with hotspot mode on my iPhone.
I had zero issues throughout and was able to control playback and volume via my Apple Watch. Mojo 2 and Poly never left my pocket.

Pretty awesome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back