Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 5, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #17,626 of 18,774
Here is my current setup, burner iPhone EE/Wifi ->Speedify -> Qobuz (Streaming) -> Airplay -> Poly ->Mojo 2 -> HD650 (just out of the photo) Bluetooth remote for swapping tracks and volume.

Simples. :)

DSC00909.jpg

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:51 AM Post #17,629 of 18,774
Why is that? I thought I was only ever going to be an Android user but it actually wasn't that difficult to get an iPhone, to be honest I only got it for its AirPlay capability.

I tried the AirPlay App for Android BTW and for me it didn't quite hit the spot but it was OK I suppose.
TBH, I don't like the iOS ecosystem.
All my streamers work well with the bubble UpnP, the only real issue is that I can't get gapless playback with Poly but I will to go through the settings one more time just in case that I did something wrong.

Mar 5, 2023 at 3:59 AM Post #17,630 of 18,774
TBH, I don't like the iOS ecosystem.
All my streamers work well with the bubble UpnP, the only real issue is that I can't get gapless playback with Poly but I will to go through the settings one more time just in case that I did something wrong.
I don't really like Apple either but I can live with it for music playback, the iPhone SE2 I got is very light and compact for use when I'm out and about, but I understand its not for everyone.
Bubble has a setting for gapless that does work, sometimes, but it seems a bit hit and miss and the setup will mostly just stop playing music for no reason whatsoever. People blame the Poly and 2Go for that but its quite a big ask to get all this working properly, so I swapped to Airplay for consistent playback as I'm mostly a portable user, the iPhone/Poly/Mojo2 is basically my current (for this month anyway :) ) DAP.

Mar 5, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #17,631 of 18,774
I don't really like Apple either but I can live with it for music playback, the iPhone SE2 I got is very light and compact for use when I'm out and about, but I understand its not for everyone.
Bubble has a setting for gapless that does work, sometimes, but it seems a bit hit and miss and the setup will mostly just stop playing music for no reason whatsoever. People blame the Poly and 2Go for that but its quite a big ask to get all this working properly, so I swapped to Airplay for consistent playback as I'm mostly a portable user, the iPhone/Poly/Mojo2 is basically my current (for this month anyway :) ) DAP.
We are in a different use scenarios!
I sit in my armchair and I have the Mojo 2 to a table next to me together with my drink.
I use my tablet to browse internet and to take notes for my reviews and I like to control my music from the tablet without touching anything else.
This is why I prefer the Mojo 2 - Poly combination even to a DAP.
Too lazy to reach for the DAP!!!

Mar 10, 2023 at 12:45 PM Post #17,632 of 18,774
I received my poly and got it working rudimentarily with streaming service and mconnect. Airplay doesn't play a role so far and will not tbh. Chain is: iPad>poly/mojo2>pre-amp>hp-amp>HP
Furthermore I am about to switch from tidal to qobuz. Unluckily, roon cannot be a possible option.
Coming from reading 350 Pages in the mojo2- and 20 pages in the poly-thread, so please excuse me posting three questions, being happy to having those answered or pointed somewhere to read further on.
First: is gapless album playback via streaming with mconnect and QOBuz possible (without roon)?
Second: Poly documentation is Version v3.1. Is poly firmware beyond v3.0.0?
Third: since I practically cannot switch iPad orientation, is mConnect only portrait orientation possible?

Mar 10, 2023 at 1:47 PM Post #17,633 of 18,774
Third: since I practically cannot switch iPad orientation, is mConnect only portrait orientation possible?
I just saw that I can get landscape orientation with mConnect player HD.

Mar 10, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #17,634 of 18,774
Hi all. I have a Mojo 2 and am all Apple. I have a lossless/hires library in iTunes with FLAC originals for most and stream Tidal as no QoBuzz in Canada. I also refuse to pay one more monthly subscription. Is a Poly worth it? Does Airplay sound similar to my iPhone plugged into the Mojo 2? What about a MSD card but is there a player without subscription? Thanks!

Mar 11, 2023 at 11:24 AM Post #17,635 of 18,774
I received my poly and got it working rudimentarily with streaming service and mconnect. Airplay doesn't play a role so far and will not tbh. Chain is: iPad>poly/mojo2>pre-amp>hp-amp>HP
Furthermore I am about to switch from tidal to qobuz. Unluckily, roon cannot be a possible option.
Coming from reading 350 Pages in the mojo2- and 20 pages in the poly-thread, so please excuse me posting three questions, being happy to having those answered or pointed somewhere to read further on.
First: is gapless album playback via streaming with mconnect and QOBuz possible (without roon)?
Second: Poly documentation is Version v3.1. Is poly firmware beyond v3.0.0?
What's up with AirPlay? When I'm using iOS its my preferred streaming method, it just works trouble free. MConnect on Android, just seems to randomly stop for no reason and doesn't work for streaming for me as I always use Poly and 2Go in Hotspot mode. I also use an MPD client app both on iOS and Android that works well too for SD card playback.

AirPlay does do Gapless OK.
Audirvana Studio does gapless for when I'm on Windows.

Mar 11, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #17,637 of 18,774
What's up with AirPlay? When I'm using iOS its my preferred streaming method, it just works trouble free. MConnect on Android, just seems to randomly stop for no reason and doesn't work for streaming for me as I always use Poly and 2Go in Hotspot mode. I also use an MPD client app both on iOS and Android that works well too for SD card playback.

AirPlay does do Gapless OK.
Audirvana Studio does gapless for when I'm on Windows.
I use airplay always when I'm watching TV on my iPad. Especially for concerts. It's absolutely sufficient there. It is CD-quality.
I did not make very clever statement. Airplay does play a role with poly and especially in the early days of my poly future, because I did not yet figure out how to accomplish the best SQ in every use case.
But POLY does offer a broad variety of possibilities. it has hi res on board, but still figuring out how. I am activating my free voucher for qobuz tonight, but I cannot stream tidal higher than FLAC 16/44.1. The tidal CD-quality is a really inferior way.
I don't want to be impatient, and it's worth the time to invest to improve the very good sound quality Mojo2 offers by adding poly.
Thank you for your hints, I will consider end test them.
JFTR and concerning my 2 questions and your hint;
Gapless playback is sortet out by installing mConnect HD and poly's current firmware is v3.0.0, which I had to find out with the android version of gofigure.
Sorry for getting to epic.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 1:50 PM Post #17,639 of 18,774
I just got this update on iOS for GoFigure. Probably means a fw update coming soon?

Could not wait to update the app to 2.11! Fortunately choosing "Device settings" in the settings menu does no more crash on iPadOS 16.3.1.
This is the very apparent change to previous version.
Thank you Chord!

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2023 at 5:17 PM Post #17,640 of 18,774
Confirming the app no longer crashes on "Device Settings" with this update to Gofigure.

As a new user to Mojo2+Poly, I must admit I've found it to be a real joy using Roon around the house. I enjoy the sound and build quality, and of course, the marbles! While I have got an SD card in it ready to go, I'm not sure I'll find myself using that side of the device, which, in my opinion, deserves the criticism it gets. If you could establish full SD control over bluetooth it'd be a little better, I think, but the hassle of a hotspot (on either device) feels a bit much. We'll see!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back