Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 8, 2022 at 10:07 AM Post #17,341 of 19,125
One more question. Anyone know if you can determine the manufacture date of a Poly based on it's serial number? I'm trying to buy one used but want to make sure it's not like 5 years old with a crapped out battery.
Make sure the S/N is greater than P025000. The original batch of Poly’s were not functioning correctly and they should all have been replaced. I don’t know the exact cutoff but my “new” one fr9m 2018 is in that range and works very well, particularly at home using Roon.

Oct 11, 2022 at 9:14 AM Post #17,344 of 19,125
I believe that is the exact purpose of the desktop mode and, when fully charged and connected to to USB charging, the magenta charge light (right button) remains lit.

Sandy
Given the Poly is the "older" device with battery management tech, would keeping the Mojo2/Poly combo connected to USB charging full time negatively impact the Poly battery?

Oct 11, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #17,345 of 19,125
Given the Poly is the "older" device with battery management tech, would keeping the Mojo2/Poly combo connected to USB charging full time negatively impact the Poly battery?
Can't say that I'm sure, but there is no claim that Poly has the same battery management as the Mojo 2. I assume it doesn't because the use of Poly would generally be while on battery power rather than tethered to a power source. Could be wrong so perhaps others could comment.

Sandy

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:26 AM Post #17,346 of 19,125
Can anyone help?

I’m on an iPhone 13 and the only way I can get the poly to connect to my hotspot is to toggle the “maximize compatibility” option. However I can neither see the poly as an airplay device, or even when on mconnect the poly does not show up as an available option as a renderer. At home, the poly works like a charm with anything I do, when on the go the only way I can get mconnect working is using the poly’s hotspot mode but this means I have no mobile data on my phone while I’m out :frowning2:

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #17,347 of 19,125
Can anyone help?

I’m on an iPhone 13 and the only way I can get the poly to connect to my hotspot is to toggle the “maximize compatibility” option. However I can neither see the poly as an airplay device, or even when on mconnect the poly does not show up as an available option as a renderer. At home, the poly works like a charm with anything I do, when on the go the only way I can get mconnect working is using the poly’s hotspot mode but this means I have no mobile data on my phone while I’m out :frowning2:
I think you probably need to explore hybrid mode, which is described by many owners in this thread. There is also an extensive FAQ on the chord electronics website as well.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:20 AM Post #17,348 of 19,125
Can anyone help?

I am using older iPhones but I found that in order to reliably connect I go to the iPhone settings app, go to the Personal Hotspot page, and stay there while the Mojo2Poly is booting. When I see the green bar on the iPhone indicating a connection I go to MConnect and the Poly shows up every time.

I used to have issues with connections but since I follow this procedure it has been rock solid.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #17,349 of 19,125
I think you probably need to explore hybrid mode, which is described by many owners in this thread. There is also an extensive FAQ on the chord electronics website as well.
Tried using wifi assist if that’s what hybrid mode is on the iPhone didn’t help still no net. I just really want to play music off the SD card when I’m out. I have tried hot spot mode on the poly then connected my phone then played music with mconnect then left the hotspot mode but the music dies shortly there after or finishes the song and never moves to the next song in the folder. Will this be resolved if I used playlists?

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #17,350 of 19,125
Tried using wifi assist if that’s what hybrid mode is on the iPhone didn’t help still no net. I just really want to play music off the SD card when I’m out. I have tried hot spot mode on the poly then connected my phone then played music with mconnect then left the hotspot mode but the music dies shortly there after or finishes the song and never moves to the next song in the folder. Will this be resolved if I used playlists?
Yes, playlists do make playing music from the SD card quite straightforward (using GoFigure).
True that playlists do require a little extra effort at the start to create the playlists, but once created you have them for ever.
Cantata is a popular free software for creating the playlists.
Historically some owners were tripped up by:
  • the difference between forward and backward slashes in the folder addresses
  • special characters in their music file names
but I think that over the years, the firmware updates have resolved most issues.

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #17,351 of 19,125
Try MPDelux instead of mConnect. If you are using a simple MPD app, the SD card should keep playing the playlist after disconnecting.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:07 AM Post #17,353 of 19,125
Try MPDelux instead of mConnect. If you are using a simple MPD app, the SD card should keep playing the playlist after disconnecting.
I ended up with glider seems like the playlist function there saves the playlist in the Gofigure app. Mconnect wasn’t doing that when I created playlists, so that worked out for me finally :)

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #17,354 of 19,125
I ended up with glider seems like the playlist function there saves the playlist in the Gofigure app. Mconnect wasn’t doing that when I created playlists, so that worked out for me finally :)
I used Glider but it never worked really good, didn’t detect all songs when syncing…. I use MPD now, paid the 1€ to get rid of adds and have the great watch app and I’m super happy, playlists are done easily, whole album if you want and poly always sees them, that was not the case with glider for me.

Oct 15, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #17,355 of 19,125
I used Glider but it never worked really good, didn’t detect all songs when syncing…. I use MPD now, paid the 1€ to get rid of adds and have the great watch app and I’m super happy, playlists are done easily, whole album if you want and poly always sees them, that was not the case with glider for me.
What app is that? I’m always open to try new apps that might be simpler or better :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back