Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
May 14, 2022 at 9:33 PM Post #17,116 of 18,784
What is the best (mobile) transport for mojo? .

Poly did at least completely fix the scratching sounds I'd get connecting my iPhone to microUSB. And I get highest quality 24/96 sound on 5G with an iPhone 13. Though some haven't been able to get more than 16/44.4 redbook out of theirs on hotspot so idk.

Last edited:
May 14, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #17,117 of 18,784
What is the best (mobile) transport for mojo? .

Poly did at least completely fix the scratching sounds I'd get connecting my iPhone to microUSB. And I get highest quality 24/96 sound on 5G with an iPhone 13. Though some haven't been able to get more than 16/44.4 redbook out of theirs on hotspot so idk.
Duoo x10tii. Connect via optical, alliws charging of both units while listening to music. Good for long days at the coffee shop or long plane flights.
duoo x10tii is pretty tiny. Think “slightly taller and narrower than hiby r3”

May 15, 2022 at 1:56 AM Post #17,122 of 18,784
I’m streaming Apple Music via Airplay from my mojo2poly to my iphone 13 pro max. When playing the next song, the playback skips a few seconds in the beginning of the song. Anyone facing the same?

No such issue with Tidal. Not sure if there is any fix for this?

Last edited:
May 15, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #17,123 of 18,784
I prefer MPD over UPnP, but only when playing from the local SD card. If you disconnect wifi, with MPD music keeps playing, with UPnP it stops. So my guess is with UPnP the bits somehow get sent over the network (to the router and back). With MPD it’s all local. But MPD is indeed a fiddle and for iOS mConnect is a much nicer UI (with Qobuz integration) than MPDluxe.

Roon for Poly is a nice UX, but lots of people on the DAVE forum believe the audio quality is inferior to other solutions (notably LMS/Squeezelite). I agree and find Roon ‘veiled’ on my M Scaler/DAVE rig, but don’t notice it on MojoPoly. It’s a subtle enough difference that people should do their own listening tests.
Thanks for your reply. Interesting. That is a useful benefit. I'll look further into MPD.

May 15, 2022 at 3:18 PM Post #17,124 of 18,784
Thanks for your reply. Interesting. That is a useful benefit. I'll look further into MPD.
Mpd is better, if you are walking and travel outside your wifi, really sucks that the music stops, when the music is on the sd card.

May 17, 2022 at 6:08 PM Post #17,125 of 18,784
Most reliably practical solution I’ve found for driving Mojo or Mojo2 from my iPhone like it’s a BTR5….what I have always wished for in the Poly but never really received.

Oriolus 1795D connected via ALO Audio coax interconnect, 10th anniv PW Audio 4.4mm single ended adapter mounted on Mojo2.

Whole thing is in the same size ballpark of many larger DAPs. Sounds fantastic. The 1795D has selectable 2x and 4x oversampling which I usually leave turned off. It also has a mic built in so it’s technically possible to answer calls, etc without any interruption to the equipment though I haven’t thoroughly tested this, not sure of voice quality, etc.

Currently driving Oriolus Crassi on 1960’s 2-wire from Apple Music lossless on iPhone 12 Pro. Sounds goodaf

Can also strap on the ole BA300S when feeling extra fancy.

Only had Mojo2 for a couple days now, but digging it so far. Love the EQ with Ether C and HD660s.

C3A7E8B7-70BD-4B0D-A4EF-4903C8104B32.jpeg
35F38906-AF87-4B7B-8021-FFDA5A6D5D5E.jpeg
8CEDADDD-D607-4680-A73B-70B879C6B06B.jpeg
66308B4B-2312-465E-99AB-6A57DB369910.jpeg

A6080F2B-78BF-4F6E-A615-5A9E6AC477B5.jpeg

May 21, 2022 at 8:55 AM Post #17,126 of 18,784
No, haven't received the Poly yet. Should be with me any day. Will return as soon as I have the unit set up.
Unfortunately the Poly was lost by the courier so it never showed up. Now I am pondering whether to bite the bullet and go with a new Poly or try an alternative. Really needs something to stream both Qobuz or Tidal and flac files…

May 21, 2022 at 9:34 PM Post #17,127 of 18,784
Unfortunately the Poly was lost by the courier so it never showed up. Now I am pondering whether to bite the bullet and go with a new Poly or try an alternative. Really needs something to stream both Qobuz or Tidal and flac files…
Oof, sorry to hear that. Sux.

There are a lot of dap options and of course smartphones are always an option too.

I still use the poly a lot for the portable form factor, and the music quality “seems” to be sharpest from the poly (could he my imagination) but in operational usage it is my least favorite streaming client or music source.

Literally every other source i have used is more operationally convenient.

Really a toss up.

May 21, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #17,128 of 18,784
Oof, sorry to hear that. Sux.

There are a lot of dap options and of course smartphones are always an option too.

I still use the poly a lot for the portable form factor, and the music quality “seems” to be sharpest from the poly (could he my imagination) but in operational usage it is my least favorite streaming client or music source.

Literally every other source i have used is more operationally convenient.

Really a toss up.
Any differences between a dap and smartphone in terms of sq? I have been using an iPhone with the mojo and honestly hear no difference with the Poly. Just more convenient with the Poly if with tons of dropouts with the 5G… :frowning2:

May 22, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #17,130 of 18,784
Could be psychosomatic on my part. i use the poly a lot because of that ”sense” though.

I agree that it sounds better just hard to explain why. I spent a few hours walking around with the Poly with 5G off the smart phone. When using usb I get this really annoying scratching sound. With Poly the issue is whether the wireless is coming in or not. But it would skip a log when not. When it worked though it sounded almost unbelievable to have 96/24 streaming out on the street like that. Not sure there are better or more consistent solutions. I like the micro sd feature of poly a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back