Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 16, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #16,831 of 18,780
I don’t really understand this either, but Mojo2 has a whole different startup sequence implemented, so I guess that part of that tells Poly to turn on, and that signal detection was part of the 3.0 update.

One thing I noticed, which may or may. It be “safe” to do, is that you can hot swap Poly from Mojo1 to Mojo2 and it will stay on. Takes a few seconds to reconnect to Roon, but it’s good for comparisons.
Mojo 2 does recognize it initially. Then the P.Status just dies out. I tried the config button but it does nothing.

I don’t have a Mojo 1 to even attempt that. I sold my Hugo 2 to get the Mojo 2. I don’t regret the move. I just want to get my Poly working with my Mojo 2.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:07 AM Post #16,832 of 18,780
Mojo 2 does recognize it initially. Then the P.Status just dies out. I tried the config button but it does nothing.

I don’t have a Mojo 1 to even attempt that. I sold my Hugo 2 to get the Mojo 2. I don’t regret the move. I just want to get my Poly working with my Mojo 2.
Maybe try plugging in the charger while Mojo 2 is going through the startup cycle? That might spend the right voltage/signal.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #16,833 of 18,780
Maybe try plugging in the charger while Mojo 2 is going through the startup cycle? That might spend the right voltage/signal.
I would not do that if I were you. You have no idea the startup and handshaking requirements of Poly/Mojo2.

Feb 16, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #16,834 of 18,780
Oh wow, those developers were truly brilliant.

So, now you have to be careful because even if the poly you got is new but has been in storage for more than… what? 3 months? and you don’t have a mojo 1. You basically got a 700 dollar paperweight.

Nice…
HEY, have you been watching my purchases?
The Poly I bought last week was three month old stock and not updated...
Instead of just ordering online, and not knowing if there could be any issue, I picked up the phone. Less than two minutes later the deal was sealed and order placed. Couple more hours and I had the unit in hand working...
Following this thread for years caused me to miss out on years of Poly.
Collectively we overstate easy to overcome things.
Poly is now a mature product and at worst a buyer needs minimal after sales support any competent dealer will offer.
Page one of this thread covers the rest.

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:48 PM Post #16,835 of 18,780
I’m using the mojo2 with poly and liric headphones tonight sounds fantastic. I can read of cards and play from the servers in the house. Roon streaming works but cuts out non stop. Unusable for me really. Trying to work out goes to do the hotspot thing to my iPhone but can’t get that to work. Sounds amazing this device but so confusing!

Feb 16, 2022 at 2:59 PM Post #16,836 of 18,780
I'm having an issue with Poly where I can connect to Tidal and Qobuz via mconnect but music will not play. Poly is in hotspot mode using an iPhone in hybrid mode. Playing songs on the SD card works fine in mcconect and also Glider.

When I connect to Tidal or Qobuz my account loads in mconnect, I can see my playlists, when I go to play a song the songs screen comes up with the artwork and all controls. When I hit the Play arrow it looks like the song is going to play, put it doesn't play and the Play arrow flashes back on the screen in a second.

Any thoughts on what to try? Is there another player that will let me access Tidal and Qobuz I can try? I'm using mconnect so I can stream in HiRez and not be stock with Airplay limitations.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:23 PM Post #16,837 of 18,780
I’m using the mojo2 with poly and liric headphones tonight sounds fantastic. I can read of cards and play from the servers in the house. Roon streaming works but cuts out non stop. Unusable for me really. Trying to work out goes to do the hotspot thing to my iPhone but can’t get that to work. Sounds amazing this device but so confusing!
I also had issues with Roon, which is my main use case. It kept on cutting out all the time, which is why I sent both Mojo 2 and Poly back to the dealer.
Very strange indeed as Mojo OG and Poly were excellent in the same Roon environment.

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #16,838 of 18,780
I also had issues with Roon, which is my main use case. It kept on cutting out all the time, which is why I sent both Mojo 2 and Poly back to the dealer.
Very strange indeed as Mojo OG and Poly were excellent in the same Roon environment.
It’s a shame as the mojo2 sounds truly fantastic. Kind of a bargain at under £500

Feb 16, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #16,839 of 18,780
I also had issues, what actually did it for me is to handle all Roon-related devices in a separate local network. I have a small TP-Link router that helped me do this, basically, I reserved a set of IPs for my Roon core and related devices. Whenever I use that network it's only my poly and Roon-related devices (cores/endpoints). Very cumbersome indeed but it works flawlessly now.

I would not attribute mojo 2 to network issues unless something in the device is generating interference with poly. I hope that's not the case because it would be very bad for Chord. However, my issues were with Mojo 1 so I doubt that's the case.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #16,841 of 18,780
Interesting, I am currently testing Hugo2 and 2go and it is the same problem. Streaming from quoboz via wifi is not working. It constantly stops playing. I contacted the dealer and he told me that return rate on 2go and poly units is extremely high. Really disappointing right now.
I also had 2Go and it was just excellent with Roon, much like Poly.

I suspect this might be a software bug either on Chord's and/or on Roon's side. Will be keeping a close eye on this one as Roon ie Poly is essential.

Mojo 2 would be gathering dust otherwise.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2022 at 8:51 PM Post #16,842 of 18,780
Interesting, I am currently testing Hugo2 and 2go and it is the same problem. Streaming from quoboz via wifi is not working. It constantly stops playing. I contacted the dealer and he told me that return rate on 2go and poly units is extremely high. Really disappointing right now.
Yeah, I'm not surprised at all. The only reason that I didn't give up is because of the fantastic sound. But I understand if someone gets angry, considering that you have to fiddle around with a ~1200 USD system ($1500 if you're getting mojo 2) just to get it to work correctly. Not everyone has that kind of patience, haha

Feb 17, 2022 at 3:40 AM Post #16,843 of 18,780
Hmm interesting, working flawlessly with roon today. I'm sat closer to the roon core pc though. Maybe the living room was too far away last night!

Feb 17, 2022 at 10:04 AM Post #16,845 of 18,780
Just received Mojo2Poly a couple of days ago from MoonAudio and have fully charged and Poly status light just blinks blue and then shuts off. I've tried to use the pin to get it into access mode, with no luck. I've reached out to Moon Audio and I'm waiting a reply. Is it the firmware that needs updating? They must have sent me an older unit without the latest. How can I do this if I can't even see it in GoFigure, let alone I haven't been able to connect it to a WiFi. Ugh. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Scott

Users who are viewing this thread

Back