Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 15, 2022 at 4:09 PM Post #16,816 of 19,125
Rob Watts recently said in another thread that's he's not actively working on the H3 right now. So I would just assess the choices currently in front of you.
I see... The wait will make me go mad! Then again, the period between mojo generations is seven years. I wouldn't be surprised if we see something similar or more on Hugo 2

Feb 15, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #16,817 of 19,125
Thanks everyone :)
What are seen as good iems or headphones have been found to sound good with the mojo2?
On initial listening and comparing, I am not finding M2 in any way thin or less full sounding than OG Mojo. I’ve been using Dan Clark Aeon Noire and they have an amazing synergy with both DACs. I haven’t tried any DSP or crossfeed yet, though I did use Roon’s crossfeed for MojoPoly, so looking forward to checking it out.

More to follow, but I’m finding th bass of M2 more detailed, and perhaps more extended, with the whole frequency range more defined. With some tracks I immediately got the sensation that the pace was slower, and in Daft Punk’s Get Lucky different elements sounded both slower and quicker at the same time! I’ll try more settings and different headphones.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #16,818 of 19,125
I bought a used Poly that is not version 3.0. Is there any to update it to get it to work with my Mojo 2?

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:12 AM Post #16,819 of 19,125
Totally agree. The Mojo can run everything. Maybe it struggles a bit with a Susvara or Diana but for everything it is more than fine. From I would say the Mojo 1 sounded an bit clinical but it seems Version 2 has improved. So maybe I should give it a try. Thanks for sharing your impressions.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:13 AM Post #16,820 of 19,125
I bought a used Poly that is not version 3.0. Is there any to update it to get it to work with my Mojo 2?
No unless you find someone with mojo1 to help you with the update.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:14 AM Post #16,821 of 19,125
Feb 16, 2022 at 8:23 AM Post #16,822 of 19,125
Anyone willing to help me get my Poly updated to version 3.0 shoot me a PM, thanks!

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #16,823 of 19,125
No unless you find someone with mojo1 to help you with the update.
Oh wow, those developers were truly brilliant.

So, now you have to be careful because even if the poly you got is new but has been in storage for more than… what? 3 months? and you don’t have a mojo 1. You basically got a 700 dollar paperweight.

Nice…

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:34 AM Post #16,824 of 19,125

So, now you have to be careful because even if the poly you got is new but has been in storage for more than… what? 3 months? and you don’t have a mojo 1. You basically got a 700 dollar paperweight.

Nice…
Right, it’s very frustrating to say the least

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:36 AM Post #16,825 of 19,125

Nice…
Brilliant in the sense that you should buy from an authorized dealer to ensure compatibility and after sale service.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #16,826 of 19,125
Brilliant in the sense that you should buy from an authorized dealer to ensure compatibility and after sale service.
It shouldn’t matter because there should be some backwards compatibility built in or some way to update the dang thing for people with older firmware and a new device. It is just a matter of having the right firmware to make it work. The device itself is still the same.

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:50 AM Post #16,827 of 19,125
Call me picky but if the store has to open my poly to update it, i would not like it as a customer.

If it’s open, give me my open box savings! Haha

Feb 16, 2022 at 8:52 AM Post #16,828 of 19,125
Call me picky but if the store has to open my poly to update it, i would not like it as a customer.

If it’s open, give me my open box savings! Haha
No need to open. You just need to connect to mojo1 to update.

Feb 16, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #16,830 of 19,125
It shouldn’t matter because there should be some backwards compatibility built in or some way to update the dang thing for people with older firmware and a new device. It is just a matter of having the right firmware to make it work. The device itself is still the same.
I don’t really understand this either, but Mojo2 has a whole different startup sequence implemented, so I guess that part of that tells Poly to turn on, and that signal detection was part of the 3.0 update.

One thing I noticed, which may or may. It be “safe” to do, is that you can hot swap Poly from Mojo1 to Mojo2 and it will stay on. Takes a few seconds to reconnect to Roon, but it’s good for comparisons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back