Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Dec 12, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #16,591 of 18,770
Can't believe the issues being reported after all this time that Chord had to test.
Again it highlights how crackers the update procedure is that they adopted for Poly.
No way to downgrade this firmware if you wish to.
No way to help Chord out by eg downloading a beta version.
Just don't understand it. Net result is that I'm extremely apprehensive about updating now and will wait for further reports to see if the problems have been resolved before I take the plunge myself.

Dec 12, 2021 at 7:30 PM Post #16,592 of 18,770
Another issue with the new Poly UPnP Server. There are no entries for Composer or All Artists under Music.

Edit: Note the ridiculous number of Genre entries due to duplicates.
Could someone who has not yet updated Poly firmware to 3.0 check whether Composer and All Artists entries appear under Music in their UPnP clients. I am wondering whether this behaviour was always there and I just hadn’t noticed. Probably a shortcoming of the third party software they are using which I suspect is miniDLNA (ReadyMedia).

Dec 13, 2021 at 11:11 PM Post #16,593 of 18,770
I blew the dust off my Mojopoly and noticed when I fired up GoFigure app that in settings the Poly firmware was already showing v3.0.0. Weird. Not sure when it updated as there was no intervention on my part to load it. If it automagically updated by simply powering Poly on that that was a fast procedure.

I’m glad to see album art now showing from SDcard files in Rigelian which means MPD was updated. [edit]: unfortunately embedded art is still not supported. Poly needs MPD v22+ to get Rigelian to see it.

I do notice different status light color and behaviour so hopefully there’s a release notes file being provided soon? For example, P.status blinks orange(?) for a minute or so after powering off Mojo.

A lot of links to Chord site for Mojo/Poly info often end up on dead “not found” pages now. I find that a bit disconcerting.

i hope Poly continues to receive support in the near future. At least until a Poly 2 surfaces 😉

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2021 at 2:17 AM Post #16,594 of 18,770
I blew the dust off my Mojopoly and noticed when I fired up GoFigure app that in settings the Poly firmware was already showing v3.0.0. Weird. Not sure when it updated as there was no intervention on my part to load it. If it automagically updated by simply powering Poly on that that was a fast procedure.

I’m glad to see album art now showing from SDcard files in Rigelian which means MPD was updated.

I do notice different status light color and behaviour so hopefully there’s a release notes file being provided soon? For example, P.status blinks orange(?) for a minute or so after powering off Mojo.

A lot of links to Chord site for Mojo/Poly info often end up on dead “not found” pages now. I find that a bit disconcerting.

i hope Poly continues to receive support in the near future. At least until a Poly 2 surfaces 😉
I hope Chord will update the Manual and upload it for the the new light state things.

I can be wrong, but i don't think Chord will release a Poly 2. Maybe the Mojo 2 will have a built in. But january will show.

Dec 14, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #16,595 of 18,770
I hope Chord will update the Manual and upload it for the the new light state things.

I can be wrong, but i don't think Chord will release a Poly 2. Maybe the Mojo 2 will have a built in. But january will show.
A “Mojo 2“ would be fine as well.

Dec 15, 2021 at 12:17 PM Post #16,596 of 18,770
I just came here to check if the Poly is updated finally and I guess it did.

Guess I will update tonight and see how it goes.

Dec 16, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #16,597 of 18,770
Are there any other Firmware 3.0 impressions now that it has been out a bit?

I haven’t checked it out too much but I’m not seeing any huge differences from the previous firmware. SD card indexing was fast. Still sounds very good.

Roon works well and the SD card plays well using third party software with the Poly in Hotspot mode. Could not get Glider to find my Poly, though.

Last edited:
Dec 16, 2021 at 10:24 PM Post #16,598 of 18,770

I haven’t checked it out too much but I’m not seeing any huge differences from the previous firmware. SD card indexing was fast. Still sounds very good.

Roon works well and the SD card plays well using third party software with the Poly in Hotspot mode. Could not get Glider to find my Poly, though.
Have you tried reinstalling Glider?

Dec 17, 2021 at 3:43 AM Post #16,599 of 18,770

I didn't test it properly as I have been busy with other things, but I ran into a bug where I was switching between different sources and the Poly stopped producing sound while it was being selected as a source. Changing to an other source and back to the Poly fixed it.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2021 at 10:54 AM Post #16,600 of 18,770
Lol that we're still where the update process looks like it crashes halfway through, where in reality it finished. SMH that Chord hasn't improved this yet. Guess they're okay with people sweating over it.

Dec 17, 2021 at 11:48 AM Post #16,601 of 18,770
Have you tried reinstalling Glider?
Good idea. I uninstalled then reinstalled Glider. I’ll check soon to see if it helps. Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #16,602 of 18,770

I can't get the update to trigger, I leave MoPoly on and check with GoFigure and nothing. The past updates always triggered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back