Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 28, 2021 at 12:40 AM Post #16,306 of 18,777
Have had Poly/Mojo for over a month now and here is my ranking of different modes based on sound quality acting as source only:

flac via SD card in airplane mode >> local flac file via local DLNA server > Qobuz flac via local DLNA server > Qobuz flac via mConnect (iOS) > Qobuz via Airplay >> Qobuz via BT

Jun 28, 2021 at 2:58 AM Post #16,307 of 18,777
Your phone must support Blue Tooth Low Energy (BLE), BLE Advertising and GPS and location services must be on. Even then not all phone/Android combinations will work with Poly. The nRF app will tell you whether your phone supports BLE.
I can get it to this point. I believe I have BLE on my Samsung galaxy S10+.

Screenshot_20210628-075659_SmartThings.jpg

But no audio comes out of the mojo.

Jun 28, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #16,308 of 18,777
Have had Poly/Mojo for over a month now and here is my ranking of different modes based on sound quality acting as source only:

flac via SD card in airplane mode >> local flac file via local DLNA server > Qobuz flac via local DLNA server > Qobuz flac via mConnect (iOS) > Qobuz via Airplay >> Qobuz via BT
I'm not sure what you mean by "flac via SD card in airplane mode". If Poly is in airplane mode, then how do you control playback? Do you start play with a DLNA app (Rigelian, MaximumMPD or similar) and then switch Poly into airplane mode while listening. Is it supposed to reduce RF noise from Poly's hotspot mode?

Jun 28, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #16,310 of 18,777
I'm not sure what you mean by "flac via SD card in airplane mode". If Poly is in airplane mode, then how do you control playback? Do you start play with a DLNA app (Rigelian, MaximumMPD or similar) and then switch Poly into airplane mode while listening. Is it supposed to reduce RF noise from Poly's hotspot mode?
I used Chord app to control SD card playback in airplane mode. no wifi is needed.

Jun 28, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #16,311 of 18,777
I used Chord app to control SD card playback in airplane mode. no wifi is needed.
Ah right. I'd never noticed a difference between playing back playlists via GoFigure or via MaximumMPD, but then I again I don't think I'd switched on flight mode.

In any case, I actually sold my Poly last week. I too found there were differences in sound from Mojo only to Poly via WiFi (Roon or Audirvana) to Poly with local microSD card playback. Local file playback was certainly the most detailed and transparent kind of sound, and Mojo only the more congested option, with Poly & Audirvana somewhere in between and having more space and detail than Mojo alone.

But, I found that local file playback, while impressive, seemed a bit more sterile somehow over the long run. I ended up feeling Mojo alone or Mojo/Poly with Audirvana were my favored options, and over the last month I've used Mojo alone more and more. Although it's a denser sound, congested in comparison to Poly, I guess I gravitate towards it as it's the classic Mojo sound I originally fell in love with. Given I mainly use Mojo at my desk only anyway, the sunk cost and hassle of use for Poly just didn't add up, so I've sold it to put the money into other uses. It'll cover a good portion of Hugo 1 or 2 second hand, which I'm currently considering.

Jun 28, 2021 at 11:49 PM Post #16,312 of 18,777
Skip Hugo if you like dense mid centric sound with weight.

Jul 2, 2021 at 4:12 PM Post #16,313 of 18,777
1D63AF02-654B-49E6-9E7F-983C365D3392.jpeg

Poly/Mojo has been getting a lot of use under the heat dome. Working great with wifi and roon. Keep cool.

Jul 2, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #16,315 of 18,777
No time to read the forum in depth so 3 questions if anyone can help.

1) Is poly rock solid streaming wifi roon from imac/pc core?

2) What is the current situation regarding charging poly/mojo?

3) Finally is anyone using a powerbank to charge mojo/poly while playing at the same time with success? I have a 20k mah powerbank which i use to charge/play with mojo. I'm thinking to use the powerbank with mojo/poly but i'm wondering how much extra power poly uses. Mojo lasts a long while with it.

many thanks mk

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2021 at 8:50 PM Post #16,316 of 18,777
No time to read the forum in depth so 3 questions if anyone can help.

1) Is poly rock solid streaming wifi roon from imac/pc core?

2) What is the current situation regarding charging poly/mojo?

3) Finally is anyone using a powerbank to charge mojo/poly while playing at the same time with success? I have a 20k mah powerbank which i use to charge/play with mojo. I'm thinking to use the powerbank with mojo/poly but i'm wondering how much extra power poly uses. Mojo lasts a long while with it.

many thanks mk
1) yes
2) I charge them as a pair from an ipad charger or anker hi power charger. Never a problem as long as they are charged and then played
3) Only charged from anker powerbank but not played at the same time. I suspect there are many variables in this.

Jul 3, 2021 at 6:54 AM Post #16,319 of 18,777
I thought the advice was to not play and charge at the same time , for mojo battery preservation reasons. I think rob said that ..
I agree and that has always been my use case.

Jul 3, 2021 at 11:18 AM Post #16,320 of 18,777
Okay, so, early impressions, I think I now get why some people are angry at this product, it's definitely not as easy as plug and play and the guides definitely need some work -if I take into consideration that I am a CS Major and I found it cumbersome to set up; I cannot imagine what was it like for someone who isn't as tech-savvy.

The huge miss for me is that you cannot use it as a Roon Core, if only you were able to use it as a hotspot and then see it from the Roon Ios/Android APP with all the power of Roon behind it man, this would be a no-brainer and an absolute DAP killer! But then again... this is not a DAP, is a streamer. (with DAP~ish functionality on the side)

Yes, you need the MPD player, yes, it's not as easy as get yourself a DAP and play, but once you are on it's easy to use and just to think that I can take it with me as easy as just get up and find yourself either a good spot in the house or even better get to an amazing spot out there with the level of sound quality that the Mojo-Poly packs... Now I get why so many others love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back