Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jan 2, 2021 at 2:38 PM Post #15,811 of 18,774
Hi LeeMark—

In your Personal Hotspot Settings screen, do you have Maximize Compatibility turned on?

The iPhone 12 hotspot runs over 5GHz by default. Poly is 2.4GHz only. Turning on Maximize Compatibility forces 2.4GHz.

Cheers,
muski
I just figured this out before I saw your post. I did that and now everything is working perfectly now. Who knew the was the issue?!. Well, you did at least. I think this needs to be on the FAQ page. And thanks.

Jan 3, 2021 at 7:09 AM Post #15,812 of 18,774
I'm the MaximumMPD author and also a Mojo/Poly owner. The Album Art HTTP support requires a separate HTTP server running with access to all the album art files. It can be the same server that MPD is running on or a completely separate one (I added an HTTP Host property recently to enable this).

In the case of Mojo/Poly this will not work unless you setup the HTTP server on a separate machine. Also native MPD Album Art will not work as Chord STILL has not upgraded the version of MPD they use (0.20) The latest MPD is now version 0.22.

On a potential bright note I'm looking into adding some UPnP support and (I think) this would enable Album Art to be retrieved from the Polys UPnP server. It sounds like this is how Glider does it.

A new version of MaximumMPD is now in the iOS App store that supports downloading Album Art via UPnP. If you choose it you will be prompted to select an available UPnP Media Server. The Poly's UPnP's Media Server linked to the SD card should be listed as "Chord Poly:<Poly Name> [Server]".

The App will search for Album Art URL's based on the Album Name and Artist Name. You will have to ensure you have Cover.jpg files in the albums directory.

One problem I have found with The UPnP software that Chord uses (MiniDLNA) is that search fails to find Album or Artist names that contain "&". This seems specific to MiniDLNA and I have tried other UPnP servers and searching with "&" characters works fine. Not sure how I can work around that.

Also I have made an Android early access version of MaximumMPD available in the Google Play store. It should be mostly feature compatible with the iOS version (No Now Playing support). I personally don't find it performs as well as the iOS version especially with browsing Albums. My main MPD db is around 12000 songs, 1000 Albums and 380 Artists to give some perspective.

Here is the Google Play link to install the Android version. As it is early access you can't search via Google Play for it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maximummpd

Jan 4, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #15,813 of 18,774
Hi! A question to the Poly users from another thread:

Is it possible with the Poly to stream to it from an Apple device via Airplay "on the go", without being connected to a Wifi Network or using mobile data of the phone (using the personal hotspot of the phone)?

Thank you!

Jan 4, 2021 at 12:01 PM Post #15,815 of 18,774
Jan 4, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #15,817 of 18,774
Have got a poly or maybe contemplating purchasing one?

Well, I am generally very interested in the Poly and its concept (I am a former Mojo user) - but currently I am looking for something with a smaller footprint ("future Mojo/Poly" in the size of just the Mojo would be ideal :)). The question aroused actually in the Hiby R3 Pro thread - because on paper this device also has Airplay; but seemingly not "on the go" without the phone`s hotspot. So there was a discussion whether it is generally possible for Non-Apple-devices to use Airplay outside without the phone`s hotspot...and there were different opinions whether Mojo/Poly can actually do it...

Jan 5, 2021 at 3:26 AM Post #15,818 of 18,774
Well, I am generally very interested in the Poly and its concept (I am a former Mojo user) - but currently I am looking for something with a smaller footprint ("future Mojo/Poly" in the size of just the Mojo would be ideal :)). The question aroused actually in the Hiby R3 Pro thread - because on paper this device also has Airplay; but seemingly not "on the go" without the phone`s hotspot. So there was a discussion whether it is generally possible for Non-Apple-devices to use Airplay outside without the phone`s hotspot...and there were different opinions whether Mojo/Poly can actually do it...
C86B7D78-9B57-4E6B-9E96-219A8D1733A4.png
There is a hybrid mode to allow phone data to be used for internet etc.

Jan 6, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #15,819 of 18,774
Also I have made an Android early access version of MaximumMPD available in the Google Play store. It should be mostly feature compatible with the iOS version (No Now Playing support). I personally don't find it performs as well as the iOS version especially with browsing Albums. My main MPD db is around 12000 songs, 1000 Albums and 380 Artists to give some perspective.

Here is the Google Play link to install the Android version. As it is early access you can't search via Google Play for it.

Great stuff - thanks for doing this! I'll check it out.

Jan 7, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #15,821 of 18,774
I personally don't find it performs as well as the iOS version especially with browsing Albums. My main MPD db is around 12000 songs, 1000 Albums and 380 Artists to give some perspective.
Yes it is a bit slow currently, compared to M.A.L.P - similarly I've got about 13K tracks / 1400 albums in my MPD on the Poly. I'm sure you'll make it better over time.

Jan 9, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #15,822 of 18,774
A new version of MaximumMPD is now in the iOS App store that supports downloading Album Art via UPnP. If you choose it you will be prompted to select an available UPnP Media Server. The Poly's UPnP's Media Server linked to the SD card should be listed as "Chord Poly:<Poly Name> [Server]".

The App will search for Album Art URL's based on the Album Name and Artist Name. You will have to ensure you have Cover.jpg files in the albums directory.

One problem I have found with The UPnP software that Chord uses (MiniDLNA) is that search fails to find Album or Artist names that contain "&". This seems specific to MiniDLNA and I have tried other UPnP servers and searching with "&" characters works fine. Not sure how I can work around that.

I have just installed it, let's see how it fares for my use

:spy:

Jan 12, 2021 at 4:35 PM Post #15,825 of 18,774
Hi,

I have a chord mojo poly and have latest gofigure firmware but the gofigure has hard time finding the chord poly but worse yet while it finds my home wifi network it does not any longer connect to it. My phone has no problem connecting to my wifi network so why does gofigure see it but won't connect?

The chord mojo light has three lights on when booted up but then goes to just the two volume lights on...since.cannot find network? If switch to Hotspot the power button turns on..

Any advice.....has worked in past so latest snag frustrating

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back