Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 7, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #15,033 of 18,778
If i do that it tells me I’m playing via airplay, mojo has a red power button. I can’t get anything over 44.1
Thanks for your help

Hmm. Using iPhone, my power ball definitely switched from red to orange when playing 48k. You need to be using the network and streaming from Tidal”s servers, though. If offline, I don’t think you can do it.

Mar 7, 2020 at 3:54 PM Post #15,035 of 18,778
Now that the 2go is out, do we have any updates on the mojo getting cast support?
I keep coming back to check every few months, but still no news?
On the 2go site it states "with Spotify (and others) earmarked for the future"

At least the 2go doesn't advertise as coming with cast out of the box, like the mojo does...

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:13 PM Post #15,036 of 18,778
Is there any audible difference or benefits between using a poly for Roon versus connecting my mojo directly to my phone? Trying to understand the benefit outside of just having a more dedicated device.

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:25 PM Post #15,037 of 18,778
Now that the 2go is out, do we have any updates on the mojo getting cast support?
I keep coming back to check every few months, but still no news?
On the 2go site it states "with Spotify (and others) earmarked for the future"

At least the 2go doesn't advertise as coming with cast out of the box, like the mojo does...
There are posts regarding a firmware update in the near future, but I have seen no mention of google cast.
Search for posts about google cast, made by @Matt Bartlett and you will get the impression that Chord will be delighted to add google cast support, if google made it simpler to embed it in third party devices.
Don't get me wrong, I am not an apologist for Chord, but I too will be delighted if google cast support can be included in Poly and 2Go.
In the meantime I believe that Matt is being transparent with everyone, when he posts that there are coding obstacles.
:relaxed:

Mar 7, 2020 at 4:30 PM Post #15,038 of 18,778
Is there any audible difference or benefits between using a poly for Roon versus connecting my mojo directly to my phone? Trying to understand the benefit outside of just having a more dedicated device.
Hopefully you will get a few responses.
Search the Chord related threads, and you will certainly find plenty of posts about the benefits of running Roon on a laptop or NUC, and then streaming the output to Mojo or Poly.

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #15,039 of 18,778
Hmm. Using iPhone, my power ball definitely switched from red to orange when playing 48k. You need to be using the network and streaming from Tidal”s servers, though. If offline, I don’t think you can do it.

It’s working now, just started working after a firmware update. I had the Poly along with new cans and clearly been impatient!

Mar 7, 2020 at 7:45 PM Post #15,040 of 18,778

There may be, but it depends how close your phone is. There is often interference the Mojo can pick up if a phone is too close. Poly is very electrically quiet.

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #15,041 of 18,778
I’m getting extremely frustrated with my Poly, starting to wish I hadn’t bothered.

Most of the time where I have wifi i’m stuck with airplay, Poly will intermittently appear as a renderer, 9 times out of 10 it does not. What exactly does this thing need to work?

Right now I’m travelling by bus, (in the UK) Poly will not connect to my iPhone hotspot. It didn’t yesterday either which leaves me with bluetooth. It’s choppy as hell, it also did this yesterday (it the second time i’ve taken it outside the house).

I want to love the Poly but it’s been nothing but a pain in the ass! What do i need to do to make this thing work. At this rate i’ll end up with a Dragonfly Red.

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:51 AM Post #15,042 of 18,778
I’m getting extremely frustrated with my Poly, starting to wish I hadn’t bothered.

Most of the time where I have wifi i’m stuck with airplay, Poly will intermittently appear as a renderer, 9 times out of 10 it does not. What exactly does this thing need to work?

Right now I’m travelling by bus, (in the UK) Poly will not connect to my iPhone hotspot. It didn’t yesterday either which leaves me with bluetooth. It’s choppy as hell, it also did this yesterday (it the second time i’ve taken it outside the house).

I want to love the Poly but it’s been nothing but a pain in the ass! What do i need to do to make this thing work. At this rate i’ll end up with a Dragonfly Red.
and what happens if you set poly up as the server and connect your phone to its wifi?

Mar 11, 2020 at 8:38 AM Post #15,044 of 18,778
I guess thats my next option to try on the way home tonight.
I haven’t had it in hotspot mode since i first configured it, does it take long to reboot and be ready to play?

It doesn’t take long to reboot. But as ZappaMan suggested, this may be more stable, as Poly won’t be pinging other WiFi networks as you travel around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back