Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 2, 2020 at 10:52 AM Post #15,016 of 18,778
Well you certainly made me burst out in laughter!
Perhaps he knows something we don't?

1583164034376.jpg

Mar 4, 2020 at 3:50 AM Post #15,019 of 18,778
Hi guys please help if poss.... I have updated my poly to the latest firmware and am keen to use it on the go with tidal offline content downloaded to my phone. I assumed this would be possible. I put poly into hotspot mode and connect to its wifi network via my phone (galaxy s9). But then the tidal app doesn't 'see' the poly as a playback option. Can anyone advise?

Mar 4, 2020 at 9:25 AM Post #15,024 of 18,778
Hi guys please help if poss.... I have updated my poly to the latest firmware and am keen to use it on the go with tidal offline content downloaded to my phone. I assumed this would be possible. I put poly into hotspot mode and connect to its wifi network via my phone (galaxy s9). But then the tidal app doesn't 'see' the poly as a playback option. Can anyone advise?

Poly can't do this, not with Android. Chord has never gotten us Android users Google Casting, but Apple users can play offline content via Airplay. You have to play your Tidal content with a UPnP/DLNA app, like BubbleUPnP. And unfortunately, these apps cannot do Tidal offline (Tidal only allows downloaded content within their own app). So yeah, big letdown for Android users.

Mar 4, 2020 at 4:51 PM Post #15,026 of 18,778
Would it be possible through another streaming service? Ie can those apps play offline content from Amazon, spotify or quobuz?

It's not a problem with Tidal. You need a Casting-like function for the app and Poly to communicate over WiFi. Or you have to use a DLNA app like Bubble. Not sure if any of the services you listed allow offline content with a DLNA app. Music services try to keep the files close to their chests so that people aren't downloading permanently.

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #15,027 of 18,778
Hi guys

I've just bought myself a Poly to use around the house and travelling. Its been a bit of a pain to get going to say the least!

Anyway, i'll be using it on my home wifi then hotspot from my iPhone when I'm out. What is the best app to play my music from tidal? I want to best quality as possible, or course.. I have got mconnect but if only seems to let me airplay which is no better than using the tidal app. Can we stream anything higher than 44.1/16?

Thank you

Mar 7, 2020 at 9:58 AM Post #15,028 of 18,778
Hi guys

I've just bought myself a Poly to use around the house and travelling. Its been a bit of a pain to get going to say the least!

Anyway, i'll be using it on my home wifi then hotspot from my iPhone when I'm out. What is the best app to play my music from tidal? I want to best quality as possible, or course.. I have got mconnect but if only seems to let me airplay which is no better than using the tidal app. Can we stream anything higher than 44.1/16?

Thank you

When I’m out of the house (no Roon) I use the Tidal app and am happy with Mojo/Poly using my iPhone hotspot and getting 44.1k from Tidal offline. If you want to stream (using data) you can try to use the native streaming in an app like mConnect and get the actual bitate (48/24) when availanle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back