Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Aug 2, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #13,951 of 18,821
I re-read the manual. I don’t see anything specific to hotspot mode, IP address, and MPD controllers. This is in reference to using an MPD control app other than GoFigure playlists while in hotspot mode.

I don’t know how common using the poly in this way actually is, but you could just add a line someplace that says “when in hotspot mode the IP address is 192.168.1.1”. Maybe put it as a sticky in the first couple posts of this thread just so when someone searches for this specific issue, something pops up.

Incidentally, I stumbled upon something I don’t know if is normal or not. I shut down the poly in hotspot mode and plugged it in to charge. Instead of the P. Status LED turning blue when fully charged, it cycled blue and green as if the poly was on and in hotspot mode. To be clear, the poly and mojo were powered off before I plugged them in to charge. I knew they were both turned off because I unplugged the stack and the status lights went out as normal. I tried this a couple times with the same result. When I turned off hotspot mode, the P. Status light turned blue when fully charged and stayed blue until unplugged.

Thanks for checking. I haven't had a chance to ask the manual writers to take a look yet.

As for the P status light then when you plug power into Poly it everything switches on. This means if you are on network mode and the battery fully charges it will show blue. If you are on hotspot mode then the P status light will flash blue and green when the battery is fully charged. This is the correct operation. We designed it this way so if for any reason you had Poly in a more permanent setup with power connected all the time it would take less time to connect when you switch Mojo on.

Hope that helps.

Aug 2, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #13,952 of 18,821
Thanks for checking. I haven't had a chance to ask the manual writers to take a look yet.

As for the P status light then when you plug power into Poly it everything switches on. This means if you are on network mode and the battery fully charges it will show blue. If you are on hotspot mode then the P status light will flash blue and green when the battery is fully charged. This is the correct operation. We designed it this way so if for any reason you had Poly in a more permanent setup with power connected all the time it would take less time to connect when you switch Mojo on.

Hope that helps.

Cool. Thanks. That certainly makes a lot of sense.

Aug 2, 2019 at 6:12 PM Post #13,953 of 18,821
Funny how firmware 2.0.4 pretty much works now. I knew it was all software problems and nothing wrong on my side (seeing as all my other streaming devices work flawless).

So do we get the 2Go for free or at huge discount for being a beta tester or funding a kickstarter project for 2 years?

Last edited:
Aug 2, 2019 at 6:22 PM Post #13,954 of 18,821
Now a more practical question. How do you guys use the Poly now that it finally works?

Do you keep in the pocket of your jeans or do you use the strap of the case and let it hang from your wrist?

Aug 3, 2019 at 1:47 AM Post #13,955 of 18,821
Funny how firmware 2.0.4 pretty much works now. I knew it was all software problems and nothing wrong on my side (seeing as all my other streaming devices work flawless).

So do we get the 2Go for free or at huge discount for being a beta tester or funding a kickstarter project for 2 years?

To just show how I am not being entitled.

I got a brand new 4K QLED Samsung smart TV and despite being the world first Airplay 2 TV, it worked much better than the Poly from day 1. Funny thing is, my Samsung TV is now basically a “Chord Poly” for my Chord Dave.

Same with my 4K Apple TV (which was also released this year).

That is how products should be. You buy it and it just works from day 1, not after 2 years of buying.

So I demand some kind of compensation for this.

Last edited:
Aug 3, 2019 at 2:45 AM Post #13,956 of 18,821

I got a brand new 4K QLED Samsung smart TV and despite being the world first Airplay 2 TV, it worked much better than the Poly from day 1. Funny thing is, my Samsung TV is now basically a “Chord Poly” for my Chord Dave.

That is how products should be. You buy it and it just works from day 1, not after 2 years of buying.

I have a 2 year old Sony 4K TV. This week Sony released new firmware and FINALLY HDR content isn't dimly presented washed out gloominess.

Going to use your rationale and "demand some kind of compensation"
Wish me luck!

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:05 AM Post #13,957 of 18,821
I have a 2 year old Sony 4K TV. This week Sony released new firmware and FINALLY HDR content isn't dimly presented washed out gloominess.

Going to use your rationale and "demand some kind of compensation"
Wish me luck!

You are very bad at being “rational”.

You are comparing a bug (which isn’t even a good TV in the first place) with a product that didn’t work at all, being useless for 2 years.

If your TV stopped working repeatedly, then start being “rational”.

Aug 3, 2019 at 3:38 AM Post #13,958 of 18,821

Interesting, good luck with your appeal.

Aug 3, 2019 at 4:05 AM Post #13,959 of 18,821
Samsung one of the worlds leading technology manufacturers, this was chord operating in a new field for them.
You have to give them a break, to innovate is to risk, they go together. :)

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #13,961 of 18,821
My ex-demo Mojopoly arrived today.
I have charged both Mojo and Poly separately, then tried to install the android Go Figure.
Go Figure just displays the chord icon, with a blue screen - not really helpful.
Plan B, use the pin to try and identify which poly firmware is in use - activates the robot talking about various modes, but no firmware version.
I can understand why you all were so frustrated. I will try again tomorrow morning.
Unpacking_3.jpg

Aug 4, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #13,962 of 18,821
Does anyone of you have this problem:

Then Poly is linked with home network after turn on it immediately connects to it, and then i cant connect to Poly through GoFigure. It just closes the i select from list my poly. And it dies the same always. I have to switch of home modem in order to net let Poly connwct to it so i can connect with Gofigure. Please not this does not appear if i connect with wifi hotspot mode both turned on on my pc or smartphone. Somehow this happens only woth my home network modem. Wondering why. Connection to it blocks acces thgrough Gofigure...

Aug 4, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #13,963 of 18,821
Have you tried turning off the WiFi and turning on Bluetooth and gps on your phone ? Also worth looking at your router once you have the poly connected to your lan and getting the ip address of the poly. there is a web page hosted on the poly that helps configure the basics. Also if you can get your poly in hotspot mode connect to it and it will give you an IP (DHCP) or some such. Then go to the poly which will probably be 192.168.1.1 from a browser on your phone and setup stuff. Go figure is low powerd bluetoothe so needs the GPS running. Also try to do it in a repetitively interference free room. Above all dont give up you will get it working eventually, it is worth the effort.

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:43 AM Post #13,964 of 18,821
OK, let's try and get mojopoly working, one step at a time.
I downloaded GoFigure from the Google Play store.
The icon appears, then when I press it, I get a blue screen, with a chord icon, which when pressed does nothing.
I tried switching location and bluetooth on, but this made no difference.
I assume that it should be possible for GoFigure to open properly, even if Poly is not switched on.
Anyone got any suggestions?
SAM_2250.JPG SAM_2253.JPG

Aug 4, 2019 at 7:53 AM Post #13,965 of 18,821
OK, let's try and get mojopoly working, one step at a time.
I downloaded GoFigure from the Google Play store.
The icon appears, then when I press it, I get a blue screen, with a chord icon, which when pressed does nothing.
I tried switching location and bluetooth on, but this made no difference.
I assume that it should be possible for GoFigure to open properly, even if Poly is not switched on.
Anyone got any suggestions?
Looks like you are using the wrong app. If Gofigure does not appear in Play Store when you search for "chord electronics", then Gofigure is not compatible with your device.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back