Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 11, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #12,016 of 18,757
Thanks for the input! I agree that the problem seems to be worse with more complex router structures. I have an "old" Netgear router for wifi coverage in my basement. The Poly seems to be working pretty stable on this one. Not so much on the main router in my house. I have also tried like you to set up a wifi extender for the sole purpose of using Poly, and it didn´t work either. Same result: Poly disappears after a while or doesn´t show up at all if I´m not quick to open Bubble UPnP right after switching on Poly.
Would have been really nice to get a fix for this. It´s the only issue I have experienced with the Poly.

The Poly definitely has a problem with networks that use more than one access point (i.e., any type of extender). Chord support has confirmed this to me. Once I replaced my multiple access point system with a single wireless router, it's been perfect. Before that, it would glitch or completely disconnect whenever it switched access points. hth.

Feb 11, 2019 at 7:47 PM Post #12,017 of 18,757
Out of interest why do people use dlna ?

I use use hotspot, airplay, sd card, roon, with mpdelux or glider.

Because I don't own an apple device, so I can't use airplay without hackey extra software. I dont use room, nor do I have any desire for a subscription service just to play back my own music. I find the Android mpd apps a bit lacking, and the poly mpd server still doesn't index mp3s. And I obviously can't use glider since it's iOS only. So even though dlna on the poly still doesn't do gapless, it's the easiest to use for me by far (when it's working). Also, if I use the hotspot on the poly, it means that whatever device I use it with will have no internet, since Android can't do the so called hybrid mode as far as I know.

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #12,018 of 18,757
Gofigure shouldn't affect the operation of BubbleUPnP so you can keep it running. The first thing to check is whether you have Airplane or Roon mode switched on by mistake - toggle them both on then off to be certain. Also do you have an SD card installed in Poly? Poly will only appear as a music server in Bubble ( or any DLNA app ) if an SD card is inserted.

Thanks for reply.
Sd card is inside Poly and i use that only everyday at office.
I checked that Roon and Airplane mode are off. But still when i turn on my mobile hotspot and turn on Poly, i can see in the mobile that the Poly is connected to the hotspot .
But BubbleUPnP is not able to recognize it sometimes/manytimes. Am i missing something, i dont have gofigure app on mobile anymore.

Feb 12, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #12,019 of 18,757
The Poly definitely has a problem with networks that use more than one access point (i.e., any type of extender). Chord support has confirmed this to me. Once I replaced my multiple access point system with a single wireless router, it's been perfect. Before that, it would glitch or completely disconnect whenever it switched access points. hth.

Thank you rwelles! Good to know Chord is aware of the problem. I bet it´s a great challenge with so many types of routers and wifi structures. Problem is my Poly won´t even connect directly to my main router and be discoverable, even if I´m seated in the same room. Definitely some sort of compatibility issue going on.

Feb 12, 2019 at 4:58 AM Post #12,020 of 18,757
Thanks for reply.
Sd card is inside Poly and i use that only everyday at office.
I checked that Roon and Airplane mode are off. But still when i turn on my mobile hotspot and turn on Poly, i can see in the mobile that the Poly is connected to the hotspot .
But BubbleUPnP is not able to recognize it sometimes/manytimes. Am i missing something, i dont have gofigure app on mobile anymore.

Ok it might be better to take this off the thread so we can provide direct support. If you email info@chordelectronics.co.uk we can take it from there.
However just to be clear in your office you are using Poly on your office WiFi network with BubbleUPnP and everything is ok?
Also have you tried another app such as HiFiCast just to see what happens?

Feb 12, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #12,021 of 18,757
Ok it might be better to take this off the thread so we can provide direct support. If you email info@chordelectronics.co.uk we can take it from there.
However just to be clear in your office you are using Poly on your office WiFi network with BubbleUPnP and everything is ok?
Also have you tried another app such as HiFiCast just to see what happens?

I dropped a mail.
I am connected to Poly through Mobile hotspot.
I just checked HifiCast and it's able to read Poly instantly, but sadly i cant access the Poly's SD card content from Hifi cast player :frowning2:

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:45 AM Post #12,022 of 18,757
MojoPoly Hard Case.jpg
Did this happen to any of you? The very first time i tried to take it out of the case, this happened... For a case that expensive [(75£ where i live) the build quality is so bad. I expected more from Chord since their products are always built like a tank. I'm not even upset about how overpriced this case is (i don't have any problem spending on a case 10% of the value of the device that's protecting it). But to break that easily ( i opened the case with care and without using almost any force at all). It's just a slim bit of plastic 1mm in thickness. Not to mention the fact that the case never closed completly, it always had a gap ever since i bought it. Also please not that this was the first time i took MojoPoly from the case (not the second or the third time) and I only have the case from the end of December. As a reference, I owned in the past a Lifeproof FRĒ case for my Galaxy S7 that had a design problem where the microUSB port would break very easily (again, a very thin bit of plastic was holding it together). Lifeproof acknowledged the issue and replaced it at no charge without any cost for me (not even shipping, handling or other applicable taxes). But their motto is: "WE STAND BY OUR PRODUCTS." I'm curious what Chord or the official Chord retailer will have to say about this. Most likely they will blame it on me saying I used too much force (although it's not the case). Or they won't say nothing at all. (I've sent an email at support@chordelectronics.co.uk on 10th of January regarding another issue and I still haven't received any answer.) For this price, I can't recommend the case.

Feb 12, 2019 at 10:06 AM Post #12,023 of 18,757
Did this happen to any of you? The very first time i tried to take it out of the case, this happened... For a case that expensive [(75£ where i live) the build quality is so bad. I expected more from Chord since their products are always built like a tank. I'm not even upset about how overpriced this case is (i don't have any problem spending on a case 10% of the value of the device that's protecting it). But to break that easily ( i opened the case with care and without using almost any force at all). It's just a slim bit of plastic 1mm in thickness. Not to mention the fact that the case never closed completly, it always had a gap ever since i bought it. Also please not that this was the first time i took MojoPoly from the case (not the second or the third time) and I only have the case from the end of December. As a reference, I owned in the past a Lifeproof FRĒ case for my Galaxy S7 that had a design problem where the microUSB port would break very easily (again, a very thin bit of plastic was holding it together). Lifeproof acknowledged the issue and replaced it at no charge without any cost for me (not even shipping, handling or other applicable taxes). But their motto is: "WE STAND BY OUR PRODUCTS." I'm curious what Chord or the official Chord retailer will have to say about this. Most likely they will blame it on me saying I used too much force (although it's not the case). Or they won't say nothing at all. (I've sent an email at support@chordelectronics.co.uk on 10th of January regarding another issue and I still haven't received any answer.) For this price, I can't recommend the case.

Hi @t1tan1um I apologise that you felt you had to post on here before getting a response from our support team. I suspect that your Mojo/Poly case was faulty when you received it if it wasn't closing correctly. I'm not sure whether you contacted your retailer to explain the problem as they should have replaced it for you straight away. We have received your email and you will receive a reply this afternoon with further instructions.
I do hold my hands up regarding your other email from the 10th January. It was not a question our support could answer so it was forwarded to me for my input. I have been away in the US and it appears that my response did not get forwarded back to you. I will resend the answer later today.

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #12,024 of 18,757
Hi @t1tan1um I apologise that you felt you had to post on here before getting a response from our support team. I suspect that your Mojo/Poly case was faulty when you received it if it wasn't closing correctly. I'm not sure whether you contacted your retailer to explain the problem as they should have replaced it for you straight away. We have received your email and you will receive a reply this afternoon with further instructions.
I do hold my hands up regarding your other email from the 10th January. It was not a question our support could answer so it was forwarded to me for my input. I have been away in the US and it appears that my response did not get forwarded back to you. I will resend the answer later today.

You handle things tactfully & respectfully.

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #12,025 of 18,757
wlan and dlna with Chord Poly, for example, via hifi cast is actually quite robust in terms of connection quality... I have not tried that for a while, since I use mostly hotspot directly on the HTC 10 with chord mojo-poly and hifi-cast. Since the connection never breaks off with hotspot/hifi-cast. Another very good point for hifi-cast: hifi-cast is much more battery-friendly. bubble upnp is a real batterie drainer... and too much useless Options. Besides, you do not have to rummage through the options for half an hour at hifi-cast .... So yes. Chord may be absolute right: hifi-cast is the best choice on android. try for yourself. Maybe it is just on my htc 10.

But. Wi-Fi and airplay is very, very, very prone to disconnections on the Mojo-Poly. that actually only works with an excellent wlan connection / 4 bars. And even right next to the wireless router sometimes breaks off the connection. Airplay in combination with Mojo-Poly is absolutely unreliable. At least with my home wlan and that htc 10 smartphone. Maybe because there is no buffering available with airplay and spotify / dezzer, i don´t know...

And the next thing is: Wlan Airplay with Spotify or deezer is at least under android/ htc 10 very prone to error with the volume of Chord Mojo-poly. Sometimes the volume is already loud at the first blue, or at other times you have to switch up to the line level.

And that's too bad, because airplay is the only way to conveniently transfer all sorts of music-content to the Mojo-Poly via an Android smartphone. For example Spotify, Deezer, Youtube or music apps like Neutron, foobar.

And direct bluetooth connection to the Mojo-Poly is good for nothing, because every few seconds it stops playback.

Feb 12, 2019 at 5:59 PM Post #12,026 of 18,757
See the bit about keeping the volume at max, this feeds into my other issue.
Because, for whatever reason, the link to poly is lost, then you go to play your music then you have to mess about with what renderer to choose (iPhone or poly), then there’s a chance you coukd blast your music out over your phone speaker when I never want to do this, I only ever want to play music via poly.
Please add a feature that only allows poly to be the renderer for the audio :) or certainly prevents iPhone speaker.....

Second to that @joe28. Just imagine how it felt when people in the office suddenly all looked at me in such situations. Happened to me a few times. I only ever want to use Poly as renderer.

Feb 12, 2019 at 8:29 PM Post #12,027 of 18,757
Second to that @joe28. Just imagine how it felt when people in the office suddenly all looked at me in such situations. Happened to me a few times. I only ever want to use Poly as renderer.

I run into this with the Tidal app, but Glider seems to keep its connection or, when lost, just doesn’t connect, so less danger of blasting music.

Feb 13, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #12,029 of 18,757
Here too many wifi connection errors.
Using an Iphone Xs with Qobuz and MConnect app. (only use Qobuz streaming)
wifi point is some 3 meters from the poly with max signal but still many stops,resets,drop outs what ever.
Checked by professional and wifi network is okay.
Old chromecast audio is playing now.

Stil : when it plays its brilliant! Even looking to get a TT2 too.
Just waiting for the software update (with Qobuz integration. :) )

Please!!

Feb 13, 2019 at 5:46 AM Post #12,030 of 18,757
Hello! Suddenly, my Poly cannot connect to my phone's hot spot. When I enter Wi-Fi menu, hot spot password seems to be missing, and when I try to save it, the menu tells me it cannot be saved. Any ideas?

Did you try deleting your phone hotspot WiFi setting in Gofigure and then scanning again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back