Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:20 PM Post #11,986 of 18,783
Just turned poly on for the first time since last night. DLNA renderer just completely offline, from a fresh boot. So I changed over to hotspot mode, and it does appear that the dlna server is up and working, but using the poly in hotspot mode is really not an option as I have to not only log into a wifi network that I can only use for controlling the poly, but I also have to turn off mobile data too or else my phone ignores the wifi network (since it has no internet). I also dont have enough time right now to listen long enough to see if it will stop working after some time.

I also did switch back over to regular wifi mode and the renderer seems to be up. I guess thats one way to bring it back up should it fail... but still.
If you are using Android device, there is an app call UPnP Tool which can help diagnose UPnP problems. If you are using BubbleUPnP, you can turn logging on under Settings/Control/Logging to file.

Feb 9, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #11,987 of 18,783
If you are using Android device, there is an app call UPnP Tool which can help diagnose UPnP problems. If you are using BubbleUPnP, you can turn logging on under Settings/Control/Logging to file.

Ill check them out, but if theres no logging on the poly side, logging on the phone is likely only going to tell me that its not working and cant connect (for whatever reason), but I would imagine it wont be able to tell me the reason why it failed in the first place. I do have bubble upnp, so I will check it.

Edit: Happened again after seriously like 1 minute of playback.
ECONNREFUSED (Connection refused)
GetPositionInfo: Error: Current state of service prevents invoking that action.

And I get a bunch of those. Also getting some failed to connect errors. Which tell me nothing, except that it seems the DLNA renderer on the poly is frozen or not working. Again, I can still fully access the DLNA library, connect via MPD and playback that way.

And while I have had other issues with the poly in the past, this is brand new and has never happened before and just seems to have started up.

Also, MPD I dont feel is a great solution either as it requires knowing the IP (which could change), and it still doesnt index mp3 files properly, requiring browsing files directly instead of an album list, which is less than ideal.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:56 PM Post #11,988 of 18,783
Ill check them out, but if theres no logging on the poly side, logging on the phone is likely only going to tell me that its not working and cant connect (for whatever reason), but I would imagine it wont be able to tell me the reason why it failed in the first place. I do have bubble upnp, so I will check it.

And I get a bunch of those. Also getting some failed to connect errors. Which tell me nothing, except that it seems the DLNA renderer on the poly is frozen or not working. Again, I can still fully access the DLNA library, connect via MPD and playback that way.

And while I have had other issues with the poly in the past, this is brand new and has never happened before and just seems to have started up.

Also, MPD I dont feel is a great solution either as it requires knowing the IP (which could change), and it still doesnt index mp3 files properly, requiring browsing files directly instead of an album list, which is less than ideal.
Do you get the same problems playing from a different DLNA server? If not, it would suggest a problem with the SD card or its contents. UPnP Tool should help determine whether it is a server or renderer problem.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #11,989 of 18,783
Do you get the same problems playing from a different DLNA server? If not, it would suggest a problem with the SD card or its contents. UPnP Tool should help determine whether it is a server or renderer problem.

Yes, yesterday I was playing from my PC through foobar rendering to the poly and same thing happened.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #11,990 of 18,783

What app are you using to play music ?

Feb 9, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #11,991 of 18,783
What app are you using to play music ?

Hificast is usually my go-to. Tried bubbleupnp and was using foobar with a plug-in from my desktop. Same result with all 3, definitely not app related.

Malp worked fine, but as I said, mpd seems to not be affected, just the dlna renderer.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:25 PM Post #11,992 of 18,783
Hificast is usually my go-to. Tried bubbleupnp and was using foobar with a plug-in from my desktop. Same result with all 3, definitely not app related.

Malp worked fine, but as I said, mpd seems to not be affected, just the dlna renderer.
Fwiw I've always found Poly's DLNA to be flaky and unreliable too so abandoned it in favour of MPD.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #11,993 of 18,783
Fwiw I've always found Poly's DLNA to be flaky and unreliable too so abandoned it in favour of MPD.

I just find the convenience of dlna better, and the app selection seems better. And for me, until the MP3 indexing is fixed, I dont think mpd is going to be my preferred choice. I do know there are benefits to it and that it can do gapless unlike the current dlna implementation, but still, it shouldnt be failing like this. And I don't think switching is a solution, just a temporary workaround.

I also never had issues with dlna before, now it seems like it fails after about a minute.

Feb 9, 2019 at 7:27 PM Post #11,994 of 18,783
I just find the convenience of dlna better, and the app selection seems better. And for me, until the MP3 indexing is fixed, I dont think mpd is going to be my preferred choice. I do know there are benefits to it and that it can do gapless unlike the current dlna implementation, but still, it shouldnt be failing like this. And I don't think switching is a solution, just a temporary workaround.

I also never had issues with dlna before, now it seems like it fails after about a minute.
I'm totally with you - I wish the MPD implementation on Poly was better too (12 months and waiting on a bugfix!), but right now its the best glitch-free way I've found for actually listening to music. The convenience will just have to wait.

Feb 9, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #11,995 of 18,783
I'm totally with you - I wish the MPD implementation on Poly was better too (12 months and waiting on a bugfix!), but right now its the best glitch-free way I've found for actually listening to music. The convenience will just have to wait.

It's been a very frustrating product. With the right (non super sensitive) headphones and when it's working well it's really a great product that sounds amazing and is easy to use too.

But there's just been so many issues that have yet to be resolved and things that don't always work.

And now that I finally picked up a pair of iems that aren't super sensitive (and finally don't hear interference) I just started having major issues that make it so I can't use it the way I want to.

Just very frustrated right now.

Feb 10, 2019 at 4:07 PM Post #11,996 of 18,783
You need a stable home-wlan, very good reception is absolutely necessary, so permanent 4 bars. If this is not the case, the connection to the poly breaks off very often. A WLAN repeater can help to stabilize the connection, eg. over floors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 10, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #11,997 of 18,783
Well, Mojo works just fine on the go and does NOT need stable wifi.
How come mobile streamer is in fact stationary? Monty Python would not even think about such ridicule.

Feb 10, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #11,998 of 18,783
love traveling with MojoPoly... but now let's see if it works on the plane...

IMG_4406.jpeg

Feb 10, 2019 at 7:25 PM Post #11,999 of 18,783
You need a stable home-wlan, very good reception is absolutely necessary, so permanent 4 bars. If this is not the case, the connection to the poly breaks off very often. A WLAN repeater can help to stabilize the connection, eg. over floors.

I assume that was addressed to me, but I'm pretty sure my issues are not related to poor wifi, since if it was it would lost connection and then reconnect. And I wouldn't still be able to use mpd or browse the dlna library. I'm almost positive it's the dlna renderer component/service/whatever that's crashing or locking up.

Feb 11, 2019 at 6:51 AM Post #12,000 of 18,783
Guys any settings for BubbleUpnp on android which will maximize the quality of Mojo output ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back