Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 21, 2018 at 8:31 AM Post #10,216 of 18,775
I have read a lot know about the mojo poly... but for a essential questions i just cant find a answer:

Is it possible to stream music from my Windows 8 PC that is using foobar2000 as a musicplayer, to stream music in bit perfect - using my home WLAN Network - direct to the chord mojo poly? And control that with my android 7 smartphone?

Is there a tutorial out there?

- Do i just only need that bubble upnp/dlna app for my android 7 smartphone?
- And that component for the foobar2000 Program on my windows 8 PC? : UPnP/DLNA Renderer, Server, Control Point (https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_upnp)

but how do i control that with my smartphone now? I dont understand what i have to do now with my smartphone, to get the music from my pc to the chord mojo poly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 21, 2018 at 9:27 AM Post #10,217 of 18,775
Hi everybody,

questions for you:

1) I will be able without too much fuss to connect my Tidal and my Roon to Poly?

2) I will be able to play tracks from my SD card using just the Poly app without configuring weird servers on my computer?

1). In my experience, yes, and it sound glorious.

2) I have not done this (i’m a “just show me the file structure and I’ll play what I want” kind of guy), but it seems it depends a lot on how many, how big, and how your made you play lists for the app to work wot have them. Glider works great for this, if you have an iPhone.

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #10,218 of 18,775
1).
2) I have not done this (i’m a “just show me the file structure and I’ll play what I want” kind of guy), but it seems it depends a lot on how many, how big, and how your made you play lists for the app to work wot have them. Glider works great for this, if you have an iPhone.

Do you mean that I put files on the SD, then I use Glider and play them remoting from iPhone to Poly?

Poly doesn't have it's own player, true?

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #10,220 of 18,775
Do you mean that I put files on the SD, then I use Glider and play them remoting from iPhone to Poly?

Poly doesn't have it's own player, true?

You put the files AND playlists on the SD card. Poly may be able to “quick play”them from GoFigure, but it’s much easier and more full featured to use an app to control the SD playback, like Glider. If you use the Tidal app, you will be streaming from the phone to Poly, either from Wi-Fi or the phone’s storage (offline mode).

Jul 21, 2018 at 12:00 PM Post #10,221 of 18,775
If you're on IOS use Glider (using WiFi) or GoFigure to play MPD playlists (using Bluetooth)
If you're on Android use MALP (using WiFi)

You put the files AND playlists on the SD card. Poly may be able to “quick play”them from GoFigure, but it’s much easier and more full featured to use an app to control the SD playback, like Glider. If you use the Tidal app, you will be streaming from the phone to Poly, either from Wi-Fi or the phone’s storage (offline mode).

I'm on iOS.

Then, if you use GoFigure you could be also off-line, using Bluetooth. Also, this Glider is new for me, very interesting also for non-Poly purposes.

Thanks both for the advices.

Jul 21, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #10,222 of 18,775
I'm on iOS.

Then, if you use GoFigure you could be also off-line, using Bluetooth. Also, this Glider is new for me, very interesting also for non-Poly purposes.

Thanks both for the advices.

With Tidal you can also use airplay when in hotspot mode on your phone. I use it all the time and it works great!

Jul 21, 2018 at 7:49 PM Post #10,223 of 18,775
I always heard bad reviews about airplay, poly will be recognized as tidal end point using the normal wifi?

Jul 21, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #10,224 of 18,775
I always heard bad reviews about airplay, poly will be recognized as tidal end point using the normal wifi?

Yes it will, I usually use mine with hotspot on my iPhone, as I listen to Tidal mostly offline when I'm out. It works very well for me, sound quality is great and I rarely experience dropouts. At home I use Roon to listen to Tidal with Poly as a Roon endpoint, with Mojo as a player and also as a DAC with my home headphone amp. . It takes a bit of effort to get Poly up and running in all use cases but in my view the results are worth it.

Jul 22, 2018 at 5:21 AM Post #10,225 of 18,775
It takes a bit of effort to get Poly up and running in all use cases but in my view the results are worth it.

Actually my chain is: iPhone>Roon>Tidal>Mojo>Headphones

I listen only at home.

What do you mean about "big of effort to get Poly up"?

Jul 22, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #10,226 of 18,775

I listen only at home.

For only listening at home, you should have no problems with Poly, assuming you are using a straightforward network. If you have multiple use cases, like traveling without Wi-Fi (using cell and phone hotspot), or in airplane mode (using Poly’s hot spot), or Bluetooth, or configuring to other networks, then it can take a bit (not “big”) of remembering and configuration time to get set up. I often try to play at work and discover I’m still in Roon mode from home use, for example.

Jul 22, 2018 at 2:36 PM Post #10,228 of 18,775

I listen only at home.

For only listening at home, you should have no problems with Poly, assuming you are using a straightforward network. If you have multiple use cases, like traveling without Wi-Fi (using cell and phone hotspot), or in airplane mode (using Poly’s hot spot), or Bluetooth, or configuring to other networks, then it can take a bit (not “big”) of remembering and configuration time to get set up. I often try to play at work and discover I’m still in Roon mode from home use, for example.

@jarnopp covered it perfectly. I love th ePoly and the multiple use cases are one of the big advantages, and with a little setup tinkering you'll have a very versatile setup. Have fun...

Jul 22, 2018 at 6:15 PM Post #10,229 of 18,775
Hi,
I'm finding that my mojo-poly combo isn't lasting more than 6 hours. It seems the battery depletes quicker since moving to MALP, but i grant I could be imagining that. Also, my mojo is a bit older than the poly so it may just be aged. So, now I'm looking into portable power banks to extend my battery life.

Does anyone have recommendations for power banks?

Can the mojo battery be replaced?

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back