Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #10,171 of 18,893
This thread use to have helpful information. Sad to see it take the turn that it did.

I also have a son who has autism, and I really don’t appreciate seeing posters referring to other posters as “dumb“. It’s derogatory, plain and simple, and has no place here.

Can we all get back to talking about the Poly and sharing useful information?

Jul 15, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #10,173 of 18,893
Also a casual reminder that this has been printed in the manual since day one, and continues to remain in the Poly manual on the Chord website.

I bought it believing it would have the same basic Spotify/Tidal connectivity as a $30 Chromecast Audio. So, either the feature needs to be delivered upon, or the manual needs updating. 20180716_063233.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #10,174 of 18,893
Jul 15, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #10,176 of 18,893
Also a casual reminder that this has been printed in the manual since day one, and continues to remain in the Poly manual on the Chord website.

I bought it believing it would have the same basic Spotify/Tidal connectivity as a $30 Chromecast Audio. So, either the feature needs to be delivered upon, or the manual needs updating.

Sorry for a newbie question, but how did you size the embedded image to this scale? My earlier post includess a straightforward screenshot upload (but it's screen size in the forum has turned out to be massive).
Thanks.

Jul 15, 2018 at 7:31 PM Post #10,177 of 18,893
Sorry for a newbie question, but how did you size the embedded image to this scale? My earlier post includess a straightforward screenshot upload (but it's screen size in the forum has turned out to be massive).
Thanks.
No worries - when you upload, it gives the option for 'thumbnail', or 'full image' - this one being 'thumbnail'.

Jul 16, 2018 at 5:37 AM Post #10,181 of 18,893
No. I was referring to your post about being fooled. I complimented your character.

To be fair, the top half of his list read like a list of desired features, and how am I supposed to know who would be selected as a beta tester?
If I did anything wrong, it was to assume his initial post was meant in anything other than jest - but after John came in here and basically told Android users they're next to worthless anyway, I felt further stirring the pot was an unhelpful course of action.
So, I apologise for forcing (?) Phuca to go on the defensive, but I'm extremely cagey about the prospects of this product receiving meaningful updates as is.
Anyway, let's get back on topic, and use this forum for constructive debate as intended.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:27 AM Post #10,182 of 18,893
To be fair, the top half of his list read like a list of desired features, and how am I supposed to know who would be selected as a beta tester?
If I did anything wrong, it was to assume his initial post was meant in anything other than jest - but after John came in here and basically told Android users they're next to worthless anyway, I felt further stirring the pot was an unhelpful course of action.
So, I apologise for forcing (?) Phuca to go on the defensive, but I'm extremely cagey about the prospects of this product receiving meaningful updates as is.
Anyway, let's get back on topic, and use this forum for constructive debate as intended.

Agreed. What surprises me is the Poly Android base being only 9.2%. I'd like to understand the source for that figure as when I bought mine, no one asked me any questions about my devices.
If this is just an example of the saying about "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." then I have some statistics from other sources that raise interesting questions.
Global mobile OS market share, Android 85.9 percent, iOS 14.1%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/
UK market share by mobile OS, iOS with 53.27 percent. Android with 44.43 percent
https://www.statista.com/statistics...bile-operating-systems-in-the-united-kingdom/

I've not had time to compare other markets. It's almost pointless as I have no idea of the breakdown of Poly sales per country. So, if John's figures are correct (don't know how) why are Poly sales skewed so much against a very large proportion of the UK user base? Perhaps it is a reflection of the products development for the Android community being reflected in sales. You reap what you sow

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #10,183 of 18,893
Agreed. What surprises me is the Poly Android base being only 9.2%. I'd like to understand the source for that figure as when I bought mine, no one asked me any questions about my devices.
If this is just an example of the saying about "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." then I have some statistics from other sources that raise interesting questions.
Global mobile OS market share, Android 85.9 percent, iOS 14.1%
https://www.statista.com/statistics/266136/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-operating-systems/
UK market share by mobile OS, iOS with 53.27 percent. Android with 44.43 percent
https://www.statista.com/statistics...bile-operating-systems-in-the-united-kingdom/

I've not had time to compare other markets. It's almost pointless as I have no idea of the breakdown of Poly sales per country. So, if John's figures are correct (don't know how) why are Poly sales skewed so much against a very large proportion of the UK user base? Perhaps it is a reflection of the products development for the Android community being reflected in sales. You reap what you sow

One thing to bare in mind is that although Apple have only 15% of market share they have 83% of smartphone industry profit. This is because there are heaps and heaps of cheap android devices out there. The percentage of users with high end handsets is much more in Apples favour.

Jul 16, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #10,184 of 18,893
What surprises me is the Poly Android base being only 9.2%. I'd like to understand the source for that figure
Chord knows the number of downloads for the GoFigure app, and they have statistics for actual usage of the app. They also know how many Poly have been sold. So the number comes from simple math, and it should be very accurate.

Jul 16, 2018 at 11:50 AM Post #10,185 of 18,893
One thing to bare in mind is that although Apple have only 15% of market share they have 83% of smartphone industry profit. This is because there are heaps and heaps of cheap android devices out there. The percentage of users with high end handsets is much more in Apples favour.
During the early days of the Mojo thread, the vast majority of questions seemed to be related to connecting the Mojo to android phones/devices.
I presume that means that the majority of Mojo owners have android phones.

The situation for poly is slightly different, in that many Mojo owners with android phones, could have delayed ordering a Poly, until the Android app is released.
The result is that those potential Poly buyers, will not feature in the figures that John has used, with the inevitable result that the Poly population will appear mainly Apple owners, at the present time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back