Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 4, 2018 at 2:57 AM Post #9,843 of 19,097
100 percent or 20 percent, same outcome unfortunately
And same outcome when using hotspot mode or normal network mode (in order to discount problems with your network ?)

Jun 4, 2018 at 5:27 AM Post #9,844 of 19,097
All of a sudden.... All the time....

i have had the same issue as yours. every time it happens, i just resart either the mojo-poly (all LED lights out), or the AK player. then everything goes smoothly. also, i always make sure the poly has no obstacle/s between it and the router, be itat home or using my phone as hotspot. hope it works for you.:)

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:02 AM Post #9,845 of 19,097
i have had the same issue as yours. every time it happens, i just resart either the mojo-poly (all LED lights out), or the AK player. then everything goes smoothly. also, i always make sure the poly has no obstacle/s between it and the router, be itat home or using my phone as hotspot. hope it works for you.:)
I have to restart ak player too, but it's very very disruptive and very annoying, you'd be enjoying a song and all of a sudden bam, no song for you buddy ! It happens in every mode I use it with more so however in network mode

What do you mean things between poly and my router?

And same outcome when using hotspot mode or normal network mode (in order to discount problems with your network ?)
All modes but more in network mode

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:18 AM Post #9,846 of 19,097
I have to restart ak player too, but it's very very disruptive and very annoying, you'd be enjoying a song and all of a sudden bam, no song for you buddy ! It happens in every mode I use it with more so however in network mode

All modes but more in network mode
I think it uses DLNA - I know nothing about it. But it works reliably for me.

Jun 4, 2018 at 8:37 AM Post #9,847 of 19,097
I think it uses DLNA - I know nothing about it. But it works reliably for me.

obstacles. physical obstacles i meant.

Jun 4, 2018 at 9:38 AM Post #9,848 of 19,097
Poly has been running pretty smooth for me lately in airplane mode. No more regular bits of static during songs. Once in a while i’ll get tiny bits of static. It’s rare and doesn’t happen during every listening session. Rare enough that i can ignore it. I also found that i can’t place the MP too close to the iphone8. Seems there isn’t enough shielding as i get static. And of course, separately from the “tiny bits of static” rare issue, and separate from the “iphone too close to mp” issue is the well known “every 6 sec tick”, but i haven’t experienced that one for a while and it’s an easy fix for that anyway.

In regular wifi mode, a weak wifi signal interrupts music periodically, and my bedroom is too far from the home wifi to use that mode when in bed.

Finally, using the MP in hotspot mode has proven staticky for me. Not sure if it’s just my unit but it’s pretty consistent. I just don’t bother with that mode anymore.

With airplane mode working well, i’m using the MP more and more, even preferring it to other mobile options.

Hoping for an update to the smartphone software and firmware update to the poly for more improvements, but for now, things are going good.

Last edited:
Jun 4, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #9,850 of 19,097
NEW MEMBER - FIRST POST!

As a Mojo owner for some time, I got a Poly late last year and today I have finally managed to get it to play something! Whoo Hoo!

For now all I am trying to achieve is hi-res FLAC playback from the MicroSD card. Having now finally achieved that with Mojo/Poly/iPhone8/GoFigure/Glider in wifi mode on my home network, I need to get the same results offine as I'm about to be working away for 7 weeks and have no guarantee of connectivity.

So, having set a Bluetooth pin and rebooted everything, GoFigure sees Poly fine BUT Glider no longer sees any of the albums on the SD card.

As there are now over 650 pages to this thread you'll forgive me if I have missed the answer if it's already been addressed.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help :)

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #9,851 of 19,097
NEW MEMBER - FIRST POST!

As a Mojo owner for some time, I got a Poly late last year and today I have finally managed to get it to play something! Whoo Hoo!

For now all I am trying to achieve is hi-res FLAC playback from the MicroSD card. Having now finally achieved that with Mojo/Poly/iPhone8/GoFigure/Glider in wifi mode on my home network, I need to get the same results offine as I'm about to be working away for 7 weeks and have no guarantee of connectivity.

So, having set a Bluetooth pin and rebooted everything, GoFigure sees Poly fine BUT Glider no longer sees any of the albums on the SD card.

As there are now over 650 pages to this thread you'll forgive me if I have missed the answer if it's already been addressed.

Thanks in advance for your advice/help :)

GoFigure connects to Poly via Bluetooth so discount that it sees Poly as an indication that the wifi is set correctly. For an offline connection you have a couple of choices:

1. Use Bluetooth & Gofigure and pre-saved playlists on sd card.
2. Use Poly hotspot and connect with Glider if your happy with that. make sure you connect to the Poly icon and not the phone icon
3. Use phone hotspot and connect Poly to that local network

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #9,852 of 19,097
GoFigure connects to Poly via Bluetooth so discount that it sees Poly as an indication that the wifi is set correctly. For an offline connection you have a couple of choices:

1. Use Bluetooth & Gofigure and pre-saved playlists on sd card.
2. Use Poly hotspot and connect with Glider if your happy with that. make sure you connect to the Poly icon and not the phone icon
3. Use phone hotspot and connect Poly to that local network

Thanks Stevie.
Do options 2 & 3 mean that my iPhone is then effectively offline for email/web access etc. ? If so, that rules both those out.
Re option 1; "pre-saved playlists on sd card" ... how do I create those? Do I need 1 per album of just 1 as an index to the whole card contents?

Cheers,

Ade

Jun 4, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #9,853 of 19,097
Thanks Stevie.
Do options 2 & 3 mean that my iPhone is then effectively offline for email/web access etc. ? If so, that rules both those out.
Re option 1; "pre-saved playlists on sd card" ... how do I create those? Do I need 1 per album of just 1 as an index to the whole card contents?

Cheers,

Ade
Users have described several software apps that can be used to create playlists, and not surprisingly there is no one app that is the favourite with everyone.
Having said that, cantata has been proving popular during May - unfortunately Glider cannot use the playlists, but GoFigure can, so maybe it is worth you investigating cantata.
Just search this thread using the search term playlists, to read about some of the other apps, and how to create playlists.

Jun 4, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #9,854 of 19,097
Users have described several software apps that can be used to create playlists, and not surprisingly there is no one app that is the favourite with everyone.
Having said that, cantata has been proving popular during May - unfortunately Glider cannot use the playlists, but GoFigure can, so maybe it is worth you investigating cantata.
Just search this thread using the search term playlists, to read about some of the other apps, and how to create playlists.

If you use phone hotspot then you share the phone access with Poly so normal email/web access for your phone.

If you'd rather use the Poly hotspot then there is an option on iPhone OS to let the phone access the internet, a few small changes to the ip address selected by Poly covered in some useful videos by another forum member @JeremyLaurenson already I'd have to search for his video myself but just hunt for hybrid mode and you should find it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back