Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 4, 2018 at 9:20 AM Post #7,426 of 18,782
I think it's underpriced too. Many iOS apps are, while others aren't worth a cent. I think Joe is having more fun than he is making money. @joe28 maybe you should put a contribution button on your webpage.
I entirely agree

I have been badgering Joe for months to add a set of in-app purchases for those who want to support him. I’m more than happy to “donate” $10 or $15

Hop to it, @joe28 !

For users here, it’s very helpful to submit a review on the App Store AND update the review with each version he updates.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 11:15 AM Post #7,428 of 18,782
I give up. Poly is in a drawer until the app launches. Back to cable connection from iOS device to Mojo.

Too inconsistent. Won’t reliably connect to Wi-Fi. Neither Glider nor 8Player can reliably find SD card. What’s the point if the only part that works is Bluetooth?

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #7,431 of 18,782
My poly takes one minute to power on after Mojo. May I‘d need to ask for a replacement?

Mine currently takes about 2 minutes but in cooler temperatures it increased to between 5 and 10 minutes. The delay time seemed to be dependent on temperature for some units. You may want to try putting it in the refrigerator for a few minutes to cool it off and see if the time increases. I decided to get an exchange.

Mar 4, 2018 at 12:48 PM Post #7,432 of 18,782
My poly takes one minute to power on after Mojo. May I‘d need to ask for a replacement?

Lol. My Poly takes anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes and 6 to 10 power cycles of Mojo to turn on. I'd gladly take your Poly. However Chord apparently are working on getting a replacement for me eventually.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 4, 2018 at 12:57 PM Post #7,433 of 18,782
My observation is restricted to non-poly owners' incessant complaints, insults, taunts, etc, directed towards a company I respect.

Non-owners weighing in is valuable. I ask lots of questions about products and opine as it helps me decide. Mike's input has proven, for years, to be useful. His recall of links is, as one recently posted, uncanny.

Virtue Signaling, lessons on honesty and Polys at the bottom of lakes takes time to sift through.

You're certainly entitled to post what you want, but if I put you on "ignore", I may miss valuable information when the complaints cool off. Nothing gets better due to more complaining.

Lots of good material here. ,

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #7,435 of 18,782
IMG_20180304_191509.jpg
I have a new Asus extreme router in hopes I also fix an issue. This is to replace a several-hundreds-of-dollars Cisco Meraki system.

In this day and age its a little silly to have to do this, of course.

My replacement Poly for the power issues is somewhere en route.... so we’ll see

I am using Asus WL-330NUL both at home and at work and it works well with Poly. It acts as a link between mesh Wifii and Poly.

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #7,436 of 18,782
Hi @Mojo ideas - thank you for taking your time to keep us Poly owners updated on this thread. Got a couple of questions:
- Can you confirm that the Android GoFigure is still on course to be released at last in a couple of weeks (6 weeks behind finishing up on the IOS version)? Can the Beta version be released for wider testing by the community?
- Whats the optimal usage case to get 9 hours of average playback?
Thanks.

Mar 4, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #7,437 of 18,782
Hi @Mojo ideas - thank you for taking your time to keep us Poly owners updated on this thread. Got a couple of questions:
- Can you confirm that the Android GoFigure is still on course to be released at last in a couple of weeks (6 weeks behind finishing up on the IOS version)? Can the Beta version be released for wider testing by the community?
- Whats the optimal usage case to get 9 hours of average playback?
Thanks.
That six weeks expectation after iOS release was the advice that given to me about three weeks ago when were expecting to be able to release the iOS version just prior to Apple’s sudden unexpected request for hardware verification. I haven’t heard anything from our software writers subsequently about the android version. So I’ll ask for you and post when I hear, I have heard that things are happening again with the iOS version and we expect some news later in the week. I’ll also ask your question about playing time, though I’ve been at New York shows demoing Mojo and Poly all day that’s from around 10:00 am Show start to 7:00 pm from an overnight charge without issues. Though that is predicated on having stated two Ampere chargers that really can supply two Amperes I’m sorry to say some some don’t.

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:00 PM Post #7,438 of 18,782
Onto Poly news, my Poly continues to work fine and sounds marvellous...might have a moan about that:)

Mar 4, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #7,439 of 18,782
Mar 4, 2018 at 4:47 PM Post #7,440 of 18,782
I have been reading this thread for a while now and have come to the startling conclusion that no matter what Chord do, someone will always moan at them.

They are doing their best to swap polys if need be and will also help to get you started.

If your poly is having problems why moan here when chord have said numerous times to contact them ?

Both polys I have work great after the latest firmware, works in roon, dsd, mpd bit perfect and other mode.

Both my polys serials are in the 20000-29999 range and I dont believe that I am that lucky that I got the only two working polys on the planet.

If you have problems and which has been said many times, contact chord.

I also suspect that alot of problems are caused by peoples own home wifi network.

My wifi setup is this, Asus RT AC3200 with the poly’s being given specific static ip’s of 192.168.1.45 and .46 and upnp is disabled and they connect to the 2.4ghz wifi chip.

If anyone has problems and they are using an asus wifi router, I will gladly help you configure both poly and the router if you are having problems, just pm me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back