Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 4, 2018 at 6:58 PM Post #7,442 of 18,755
That six weeks expectation after iOS release was the advice that given to me about three weeks ago when were expecting to be able to release the iOS version just prior to Apple’s sudden unexpected request for hardware verification. I haven’t heard anything from our software writers subsequently about the android version. So I’ll ask for you and post when I hear, I have heard that things are happening again with the iOS version and we expect some news later in the week. I’ll also ask your question about playing time, though I’ve been at New York shows demoing Mojo and Poly all day that’s from around 10:00 am Show start to 7:00 pm from an overnight charge without issues. Though that is predicated on having stated two Ampere chargers that really can supply two Amperes I’m sorry to say some some don’t.
Thank you @Mojo ideas . Please do keep us updated if you can. I would respectfully suggest that after such a delayed release, availability of a Beta of the Android app might greatly help in terms of general good will and making the final release better. Please don't neglect Android in lieu of IOS, or also assume that development will be a walk in the park!
I'm hopefully going to do some battery testing over the next couple of weeks to see how different usage cases impact on it - personally I can't wait til I can shut off WiFi altogether using GoFigure and just use Bluetooth control of playlists - that should give a hefty boost to battery life. Not saying it's bad right now either - just haven't actually tested it.
I've only ever used an iPad charger so definitely 2A, but I do think at its price Chord missed a trick by not including an appropriate charger if it's needs are especially picky.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 11:12 AM Post #7,448 of 18,755
Hi all

I'm using Glider with the Chord Poly and am having some difficulties with playing DSD/DSF files. It attempts to buffer but then it somehow skips the song and ignores it. Please would anyone be able to kindly let me know if there is something else I should be doing to get DSD/DSF files working?

Many thanks!

Mar 5, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #7,449 of 18,755
Hi all

I'm using Glider with the Chord Poly and am having some difficulties with playing DSD/DSF files. It attempts to buffer but then it somehow skips the song and ignores it. Please would anyone be able to kindly let me know if there is something else I should be doing to get DSD/DSF files working?

Many thanks!

Did you tick the box for “DSD files” and “other” in the Poly hotspot mode home page?

74D6BC8F-93A9-44FD-827E-7AFB58CE19B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #7,450 of 18,755
@Mojo ideas I'm just wondering if you guys have an update on the possibility of adding Chromecast support or some other means to play Tidal offline on the Poly. Thanks....

Mar 5, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #7,451 of 18,755
Lately I've been having dome problems with my mojo :)
The mojo seems to run out of juice and shuts down after a few (1-3) hours of use. My headphones are the HD 650 and I use the mojo at red color or below. The way the problem manifests is this:
1. I leave my mojo shutdown and plugged in overnight (actually I do this all the time I don't use it)
2. When using it for 2 hours or more at times it shuts down and the color code of the battery says mojo needs charging

Now - at times I shut it down, let it charge 5-10 mins and the color code is all fine (either no light or blue / white light); then Mojo works. But this works only on some days - other days it doesn't, the color code is again blinking red (out of juice???).
I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything silly (which is very possible).

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2018 at 2:05 PM Post #7,452 of 18,755
Assumption being made there is no Poly associated with your Mojo problem? This is a Poly-specific thread so need to ask.

The mojo seems to run out of juice and shuts down after a few (1-3) hours of use. My headphones are the HD 650 and I use the mojo at red color or below. The way the problem manifests is this:
1. I leave my mojo shutdown and plugged in overnight (actually I do this all the time I don't use it)

I could be wrong about this (wouldn't be the first time :wink: ) but something tells me leaving Mojo charging all the time when not in use may not be ideal for battery longevity.

Mar 5, 2018 at 2:57 PM Post #7,453 of 18,755
2. When using it for 2 hours or more at times it shuts down and the color code of the battery says mojo needs charging

Now - at times I shut it down, let it charge 5-10 mins and the color code is all fine (either no light or blue / white light); then Mojo works. But this works only on some days - other days it doesn't, the color code is again blinking red (out of juice???).
I just want to make sure I'm not doing anything silly (which is very possible).
Blinking red means that the battery level is 2% or below, so it is quite normal that the mojo shuts down soon afterwards.
I suspect that you never allow your mojo to fully charge the battery.

Mar 5, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #7,455 of 18,755
I charge both mojo and poly separately.

Today I was listening to music via roon and I got to the 7 hour mark, Poly had just started flickering between orange and red and Mojo was still on orange.

I could of easily got atleast 1 hour or more out of poly and possibly 2 hours out of mojo ?

Power ball was green and the sound buttons were orange if I recall, I know they were past double red.

So stated battery life would be correct, I am happy with 8 hours out of both.

I also would not leave mojo or mojo and poly on charge most of the time as per the poster above who mentions the same. I would think leaving it on charge all the time is asking for battery problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back