Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 2, 2018 at 1:39 PM Post #7,366 of 18,780
I've had my poly for a few months now. I normally using it with Tidal Offline, and poly in hotspot mode, and for me in this mode it normally works 85% of the time without issues

Today I thought I use it with my network using Glider to stream from my NAS.

What a load of rubbish using it this way. All I'm getting is drop out and disconnection. I've tried Glider, Tidal, AK connect and 8 player, and all of them seem to not work very well when using Poly on my network. Playing an album means me having to restart the song more very 5 minutes or so.

How do you cope with all these problems when using it with your network?

Mar 2, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #7,367 of 18,780
I've had my poly for a few months now. I normally using it with Tidal Offline, and poly in hotspot mode, and for me in this mode it normally works 85% of the time without issues

Today I thought I use it with my network using Glider to stream from my NAS.

What a load of rubbish using it this way. All I'm getting is drop out and disconnection. I've tried Glider, Tidal, AK connect and 8 player, and all of them seem to not work very well when using Poly on my network. Playing an album means me having to restart the song more very 5 minutes or so.

How do you cope with all these problems when using it with your network?
You should contact Chord first as to be fair some folk have had serious dropout issues fixed by going to them and trying different settings with the home networks.

As you will find here some folk have no issues to complain about, lucky in hardware choice perhaps, but if you don't give Chord a chance to help first then unless someone here has the same equipment as you and has resolved it - then we'd be giving you best guess answers and may not be able to get it better for you.

Mar 2, 2018 at 6:40 PM Post #7,368 of 18,780
This Poly thing is a garbage fire.

Chord. Stop this insanity now. Do a full recall. Give people their money back. You make great FPGA based DACs, but network streaming is just something you don't have the software engineering chops for. Get out of this game before you irrevocably destroy your brand.

Mar 2, 2018 at 9:08 PM Post #7,370 of 18,780
Not sure, but maybe the reason it isnt connecting to the satellite is because poly tries to connect to the strongest 2.4ghz wifi signal available.

Maybe your orbi is always the strongest signal regardless of where you are in your home ? It’s just a thought.

I had considered that, but nope. Satellite has a far stronger signal in that particular room (and the orbi’s signal is so weak it causes dropouts).

I have never been so frustrated by a product in my life. Poly has the wifi performance of a 10 year old device that cost $50

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:13 AM Post #7,371 of 18,780

Chord. Stop this insanity now. Do a full recall. Give people their money back. You make great FPGA based DACs, but network streaming is just something you don't have the software engineering chops for. Get out of this game before you irrevocably destroy your brand.

I'm not giving mine back. What problems are you experiencing?

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #7,372 of 18,780
I'm not giving mine back. What problems are you experiencing?

Me neither. Poly has some small issues but I no longer regret buying one now that I’ve received a replacement.

My Mojo has never had to work as hard, constantly being either in use or charging.

Mar 3, 2018 at 4:57 AM Post #7,373 of 18,780

I wouldnt go so far to say its garbage, it has its problems but its not straight up garbage.

When it comes to wifi, it wouldnt be the first time that I have bought a wifi device that has problems with certain wifi routers/AP’s, some devices dont play nicely with others.

I have roughly 35-40 wifi devices connected to my wifi router, some constantly have problems mainly my iphone’s and ipads which keep dropping and reconnecting every 5-10 minutes and they are in the same room as my router, if it wasnt for the simcards inside them being enabled and set to automatically takeover if the wifi drops I would be driven mad by the warning messages telling me that I have no network connection.

My HP printer does the same, the rest of my devices stay connected for months on end, also my sky q box used to always drop but I dumped wifi and ended up using cat6 cable for that instead.

I have had my fairshare of problems with Poly before the latest firmware was released 1.17 if I recall, it maybe 1.0.17 I cant remember since I have not needed to access poly’s config page since the last update which made poly stable for me.

I know its frustrating and I dont blame you for being pissed off. I dont know if you have updated to the latest firmware ? if not plug in the charger and leave poly alone and connected to your network for 30 minutes and see if it has auto updated, once done reboot, go back into polys access setup and delete all your saved networks and reboot and then make new network settings, that worked for me when I was having problems.

If everything fails and if you have access to another wifi network to test, try it on a different network, if you still have problems then contact chord, I am sure they will replace your poly for a new one as they have been doing that for alot of people here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 3, 2018 at 5:29 AM Post #7,374 of 18,780
I like to add that removing my Chromecast (which was permanently connected) from my network had made the Poly's performance much better to the point where I no longer have drop outs.
I no longer have the need for my Chromecast (2nd gen) anyway.

So one may want to check for similar devices that might destabilise your network and remove them if you don't continuously need them. Upgrading firmware of all connected drives including the router itself often helps as well...

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:35 AM Post #7,375 of 18,780

Interesting comment... do you have a Poly? In the unlikely event that you do Please contact our help line at info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will sort you out!

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #7,376 of 18,780
Interesting comment... do you have a Poly? In the unlikely event that you do Please contact our help line at info@chordelectronics.co.uk and we will sort you out!

I had my issues with the Poly and it didnt update the firmware, but, contacting Chord did help.
Tom got me covered with helpful information, in the end I got a replacement and since then, everything runs smooth and Poly running in roon mode is my exclusive way of enjoying music at home.
No, I dont get paid by Chord to say this.

Mar 3, 2018 at 5:47 AM Post #7,377 of 18,780
Hmm, turned my poly/mojo on by plugging it to a charger, since it wont power on by turning mojo on. It connected fine to my network. And sdcard playback with MALP is working fine but the Poly led is flashing fast and cycling, red, green, and blue colors. Whats up with that?? okey now it stopped and can't decide between yellow and green....

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:25 AM Post #7,378 of 18,780
Hmm, turned my poly/mojo on by plugging it to a charger, since it wont power on by turning mojo on. It connected fine to my network. And sdcard playback with MALP is working fine but the Poly led is flashing fast and cycling, red, green, and blue colors. Whats up with that?? okey now it stopped and can't decide between yellow and green....
It is trying to read the SD card. Happened once to me. Take it out and put it in again and see if that helps. If not it may be the SD card itself. Good luck.

Mar 3, 2018 at 6:57 AM Post #7,380 of 18,780
I’m still having massive problems with my poly keeping a stable connection to my home wifi. I’ve got a Netgear Orbi and satellite, and the poly will never connect to the satellite - it just hangs on to the main unit until the signal drops out.

Is poly ever going to play nice with a mesh network? This is completely ridiculous

I decided to replace my old Tp-link router (£25) to try and avoid drop-outs. I asked Tom at Chord if they had any recommendations for routers. He declined saying that they are keen for Poly to work with all systems which is understandable but not very heplful.

I then ordered a Netgear Orbi so I was a bit alarmed to see this comment. Has anyone else had issues with the Poly and mesh routers, especially the Orbi?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back