Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 20, 2018 at 4:04 AM Post #7,126 of 18,889
A usability suggestion for the poly.... I think, entering Access Point Mode, should be the last item on the list, when cycling though by pressing the config mode button with the pin. Because changing the configuration is probably the last thing you want to do, you probably want to go into one of the other modes ( i know this was usually the case for me, before I got my personal hotspot working ). Plus, to enter Access Point Mode, you have to pay the penalty of waiting 30 seconds or however long that step takes, before you can press again and go onto putting poly into its own Hotspot mode.

Anyway, I suppose the App will be here soon, but for Android users, this may still have small usability benefits.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:13 AM Post #7,128 of 18,889
If we can steer the thread to some useful info and tips it would be nice. (Not saying any recent posts are not nice I'm just gearing up for the app release)
  • When can we expect the app?
  • How do we create playlists?
  • How do we get the playlist on the sd-card?
I load my music from PC to the card and would prefer to add the playlists in a similar fashion. Not keen on creating/managing playlists on a phone screen. Hopefully the playlists are independent of the Poly database.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:17 AM Post #7,129 of 18,889
If we can steer the thread to some useful info and tips it would be nice. (Not saying any recent posts are not nice I'm just gearing up for the app release)
  • When can we expect the app?
  • How do we create playlists?
  • How do we get the playlist on the sd-card?
I load my music from PC to the card and would prefer to add the playlists in a similar fashion. Not keen on creating/managing playlists on a phone screen. Hopefully the playlists are independent of the Poly database.

Playlists will be MPD playlists, I'm sure. You can create them with any MPD client and they save to the card.

Feb 20, 2018 at 8:48 AM Post #7,130 of 18,889
Playlists will be MPD playlists, I'm sure. You can create them with any MPD client and they save to the card.

Thanks I'll grab a PC based client and have a bash at creating one.

Feb 20, 2018 at 9:06 AM Post #7,131 of 18,889
I've started saving MPD playlists directly to the Poly from within M.A.L.P in preparation - 1 per album. I was kinda dreading it but it's actually been quite easy. Done about 100 or so so far.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 9:09 AM Post #7,132 of 18,889
id like a recommendation for a good pc mpd client if anyone has one ?

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 10:35 AM Post #7,136 of 18,889
Did removing the playlist work?
Hi Jeremy

Yes it did, Joe is also hoping to have a permenant fix, it’s the Poly media server causing issue.

I don’t use the playlist, it’s an artefact from using MC to sync, it creates a playlist, but it’s only numbered within the albums,

Feb 20, 2018 at 2:32 PM Post #7,137 of 18,889
Ok I'm not very familiar with SD card playback but have just purchased one and downloaded some tracks onto it and the trial of Glider.

Sorry if this is a disc question but when open glider I'm selecting tracks from the SD card fine but I see 2 Polys to connect to. One has my iPhone as the icon and one has the Poly icon but both are named as my Poly. Why are there 2 and what's the difference? Thanks

Feb 20, 2018 at 3:03 PM Post #7,138 of 18,889
When you say two polys, do you mean, you have two places to output the audio too?

Yes your phone is one, and your poly is the other, giving each device a unique nane helps in getting your bearings.

But from your post, you’re saying they’re both named poly which isn’t right. Choose the one that doesn’t use the iPhone icon.

Last edited:
Feb 20, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #7,139 of 18,889
Ok I'm not very familiar with SD card playback but have just purchased one and downloaded some tracks onto it and the trial of Glider.

Sorry if this is a disc question but when open glider I'm selecting tracks from the SD card fine but I see 2 Polys to connect to. One has my iPhone as the icon and one has the Poly icon but both are named as my Poly. Why are there 2 and what's the difference? Thanks

Hi Mr X. Use the output that looks like the Poly. You also have the option to use Airplay though which is why you see two devices called Poly. The Airplay option should show the speaker icon.
Hope that helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back