Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 18, 2018 at 9:46 AM Post #7,096 of 19,043
Since I got my personal hotspot working, I’m finding poly very convenient to use. I only have to use the pin to go to Roon mode.

I have two WiFi’s recorded in poly, my phones personal hotspot and my home WiFi.

When I go driving etc, polys finding my personal hotspot very quickly and everything is nice and fluid.
That's exactly how I have it - with both profiles setup in M.A.L.P. - and it works great (as it should, MPD having such a low network overhead). Currently setting up playlists rapidly in anticipation of GoFigure.

Feb 18, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #7,099 of 19,043
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:45 PM Post #7,101 of 19,043
MojoPoly vs. AR-M2 ..this is a closer call than one may think for otg daily driver. While playing around I found out that for some reason Bubbleupnp runs flawlessly with the M2 comapred to my phone (S8) in hotspot mode. No drops so far--woohoo!
20180218_132108.jpg

Feb 18, 2018 at 2:47 PM Post #7,102 of 19,043
Have my replacement Poly, thanks, Tom & Keith.

Early days yet,
Glider playback control of SD card seems fine, as does using Media Center 21
but I have had no issues setting up my network.

Only issue with Glider I have is I have no track numbers every album track is a number then three dots, eg
AC/DC Black Ice
2...Rock N Roll Train

Foo Fighters The Color and the Shape
5...Monkey Wrench

During a playback test, I guess it was updating during playback, as it was stuttering, was on 1.0.15, now in 1.0.17.

My config button is really really stiff

It just locked up again now, while changing to access point mode (same as yesterday), power cycle resolved
Tried to change to network mode, and it locked up again
hope this is not common, just as I believe I'm all sorted?

I'll keep the English end up !! :)

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #7,103 of 19,043
MojoPoly vs. AR-M2 ..this is a closer call than one may think for otg daily driver. While playing around I found out that for some reason Bubbleupnp runs flawlessly with the M2 comapred to my phone (S8) in hotspot mode. No drops so far--woohoo!

Is your Poly darker or lighter than mojo?

Feb 18, 2018 at 5:59 PM Post #7,105 of 19,043
I just decided to give Roon another go and after about 10 minutes of interrupted playback I started getting the "track unavailable on Tidal" error....

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:29 AM Post #7,106 of 19,043
Hi. As everyone else I'm waiting for the dedicated app for the Poly. I haven't bought Poly yet as I'm lacking the funds. I enjoy my Mojo though and here's my question: does the Poly make the Mojo sound better or is the Poly "simply" an add-on streamer to the Mojo? I'm asking because when I connect an iPhone to my Mojo feeding a pair of AE1 Active and use it as an endpoint in Roon I basically have all the Tidal streaming I need. - Unless the Poly makes the Mojo sound significantly better... Thanks

Feb 19, 2018 at 7:31 AM Post #7,107 of 19,043
Only issue with Glider I have is I have no track numbers every album track is a number then three dots, eg
AC/DC Black Ice
2...Rock N Roll Train

I am betting you have a large playlist with these in it, and that 2... is really something like song number 285 in your playlist?

For me gliders numbers are fine until it indexes playlists and at that point it “adopts” the playlist sequence number as the track number for the track.... I think.
@joe28

Feb 19, 2018 at 8:15 AM Post #7,108 of 19,043
I know this is the poly thread but I have been using my new toy, Hugo 2 and wow, difference between mojo and hugo2 is so noticeable.

If I wasnt already sold on chord products before, I well and truly am now.

Now all I need is GoFigure and thats me sorted.

Anyone thinking or in two minds about buying a hugo 2, I can tell you now that you wont be dissappointed and you even get a plug for near enough every country in the world, incase you are a frequent flyer.

Carry on gents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 19, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #7,110 of 19,043
I am betting you have a large playlist with these in it, and that 2... is really something like song number 285 in your playlist?

For me gliders numbers are fine until it indexes playlists and at that point it “adopts” the playlist sequence number as the track number for the track.... I think.
@joe28
Hi

Yes that makes sense, if I view the poly from media center it lists them up to 1800 or so, I use MC to sync, and that creates a playlist, I’ll delete the playlist tonight to try tell it not to create the playlist in the future, or not use MC!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back