Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 1, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #6,451 of 18,773
Update to 1.0.17 took without problem. Since Poly was already on after being plugged in for the update I decided to listen to a single track with Glider app and my newer Ety ER4XR. Spectacular! Doubt the f/w update had anything to do with it but the synergy between IEM & MojoPoopy was compelling. The plan I originally I had was to regularly use the Beyers with Mojo but I may have to reassess.

IMG_0873.PNG

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:08 AM Post #6,452 of 18,773
Damn, they are into the 5000s, crap if their is a faulty batch at the beginning my SN has a high chance of being amongst them.

Oh Poop.
John Franks posted at the start of December, that they had already shipped 4000 Polys. We are a further two months down the line, so I expect the number now to be nearer 20000 than 5000.

Feb 1, 2018 at 1:13 AM Post #6,453 of 18,773
@Matt Bartlett and @John Franks can either of you tell me why playing off the SDCard cuts/drops out? I have been patient hoping the 1.0.17 would fix these problems, but no same as it ever was. I’ve given up on streaming music over WiFi. The only thing that works for me is doing everything over Bluetooth, which makes this a real expensive hunk of junk for my needs.

I'm interested to know also. While I haven't resorted to just using Bluetooth, but streaming over wifi has seen numerous drop outs near very busy areas (particularly subway stations) when supposedly the Poly is just inches away from my phone and should always present the strongest signal? On top of this, playing off the mSD card does experience drop outs also (albeit less frequently) but I thought now we have a separation of data plane vs. control/management plane when the music is supposed to be retrieved from the plugged in mSD card and the wifi connection only serves as managing and controlling the playback? When the GoFigure app is supposed to solve all this then it can't come soon enough...

Feb 1, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #6,454 of 18,773
You mean 1.0.10 f/w correct? Otherwise your Poly has built in time machine to the FUTURE which is pretty awesome. Someone several posts ago reported receiving 1.0.15 f/w pre-installed on their replacement Poly so new update must be imminent.
It's okay to be "Trög" as we say in Sweden. I accept you as you are.

Feb 1, 2018 at 4:43 AM Post #6,455 of 18,773
My poly has updated firmware. For past two days I have not been able to see poly as DLNA server in 8player but the poly shows up under the renderer as a play to device. Bluetooth and airplay seem to work, but am wondering if 8player or new firmware is to blame.

Any suggestions on a fix?

Same thing here only with BubbleUPnP. Poly shows as renderer but not as a library unless I have the app open when turning on Poly. This issue popped up after the last firmware and if I remember correctly was investigated into by Jeremy here on the forum. I am surprised this wasn't fixed in this update.

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:06 AM Post #6,458 of 18,773
If I understood correctly there are some troublesome Mojos on the loose, with a sub-par component that the original Poly has trouble with, it may be a replacement of those few Mojos and not a recall of the Polys. But to ensure this does not happen again the newer Poly has a more robust check circuit based on the on/off state - so the firmware will presumably check the both types of power up signals and handle all 'fully functional' Mojos. Whether this change is in 1.0.10 or comes later depends just how long the new Poly has been out, surely it must have firmware in it to switch on otherwise all new style Polys would never activate!!

Haven't seen any update from Chord on this

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #6,459 of 18,773
I would like the range of affected polys too, as far as serial numbers go

A number of posts on this subject that we are still in the dark on. Chord can you please share the S/N#s of the impacted Mojo units.

Feb 1, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #6,460 of 18,773
Matt and all Chord staff are on vacation until Tuesday the 2nd of January. the same goes for our design consultants responsible for the Poly. I ceased posting due to the vile personal abuse from some particularly “interesting”people on this thread.

So please understand work is ongoing and information is just from my own understanding at this time!

We are of course, aware of the power up issue. However it’s not simple because Poly can take time in powering up because it’s looking at the WiFi landscape, if it’s complex, it take longer this confused people especially at first, But underlying this some (a few ) Mojos we have discovered are giving a lower voltage (fortunately only) at lower temperatures out of their usb’s than the rest. This is due to a particular batch component, a type of input protection rectifier in the batteries charging circuit of a few Mojos. Please note that we have already altered the design of the switch on circuit within Poly to now look for a change of state and not a particular voltage to determine if Poly must turned on or not.
Despite what has been said erroneously on this thread we take at Chord take pride in supporting our customers. So we will naturally be replacing the Polys for those customers who’s units are exhibiting the problem to the build standard of Poly that can accommodate the odd performing Mojos,
I have also been advised concerning the outstanding connection issues Poly has associated with multi hub mostly large professional style American WiFi set ups will be resolved in very short order now ( many thanks to those like Jeremy L that helped with the great accurate feedback) along with other issues update prior to the release of the Gofigure app. All of which I must now apologise that we didn’t quite make the Christmas or New Year date for a finalised product that had been on all yours and our own wish lists,?

John, we would really like to see the S/N list of impacted units. Mine MO34xxx is inconsistent in powering up the Poly. I get the sense that an number of others (Just based on the thread nothing more scientific) have the same issue. I would just like to rule this in or out of the cause.

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:21 AM Post #6,463 of 18,773
For those interested I am starting a Firmware 1.0.17 bug list. Needs to be cleared up some for a day or so:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-index

Good site and some really good suggestions.

I have to admit, yesterdays firmware update has transformed my poly, only the odd drop and I think I have figured out what causes it.

It seems that at times when a song is playing and say my ipad or iphone whichever I am using to control poly, when it goes into standby by turning off the screen, it seems that on occassion that the idevices going dark seem to cause a drop in connection.

I wonder if when going into standby apples software also lowers the wifi power to save on battery and causing the connection to poly to hiccup for a second, when it does this the sample rate light on mojo stays lit even though nothing is playing.

Atleast with the new firmware reconnection is a cinch, its seen by all programs instantly whereas before I had to go 12 rounds to get her to connect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 1, 2018 at 11:43 AM Post #6,464 of 18,773
For those interested I am starting a Firmware 1.0.17 bug list. Needs to be cleared up some for a day or so:

http://www.map-pin.com/wiki/doku.php?id=chordpoly-issues-index
You can add to this that Poly isn't able to correctly read metadata embedded in DSD files, resulting in many DSD files ending up in an "unknown album" folder (in case of Glider) or worse not being able to recognised at all. This bug was already pre-existing in previous firmware versions.
Glider is reading the DSD files correctly is streamed from a NAS, so very confident (after confirming with @joe28) that this is a Poly issue.

Feb 1, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #6,465 of 18,773
Good site and some really good suggestions.
Some good stuff as always from Jeremy and we will look carefully into all he has suggested of course though some ideas are only applicable in rather obscure applications and some ideas perhaps have not been fully thought through.
Like SI.1.10.B switching Poly into network mode automatically when charging this would just not be practical. What happens if some one is on the move and wants to use a battery charger or a charger socket on a plane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back