Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Oct 24, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #2,581 of 18,786
Wait, so how does this work? Poly has native DSP? How is it controlled? I thought there wasn't a dedicated Poly app? If there's native DSP and a Poly control app interface, I could become highly interested.

No the DSP is applied by Roon.
For now this feature is only available for Audeze headphones.
These settings are customized presets, of course you can fine tune them with the equalizer, as well.

Cheers

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2017 at 6:02 PM Post #2,585 of 18,786
No the DSP is applied by Roon.
For now this feature is only available for Audeze headphones.
These settings are customized presets, of course you can fine tune them with the equalizer, as well.

Cheers

That's a bummer. I had my hopes up for a second. This is a great DAP solution and fits my needs/style very well but for me to actually buy it, I'd really want some advanced EQ/DSP options/controls. Being able to make my own bass-boost or install Audeze filters would have been the straw that broke my wallet's back.

Oct 24, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2,586 of 18,786
Update on my SD card issue...

I have now tried everything I can think of - using different mobile devices, apps, formatting options for the SD card and I’m still having the same issues with poly taking a long time to load music every time it is turned on.

Unfortunately it’s starting to seem like the Poly is not very suitable as a SD card device if you plan on using high capacity cards. Or maybe it only works with certain select file formats (and there’s limitations to some that are claimed to be supported). Perhaps this issue is only with ALAC files?

In the video below you can see where I have had the Poly switched on for a while and the database has been built. 8Player shows all the artists and albums. I quit the app, re-open it and the artist show up straight away.

When I quit the app for the second time I also switch the poly off and on again. Now when I launch 8Player it only shows one artist. I then need to go back out of the folder then back in to get additional artists to show. This indicates it's not the software, but a poly issue. If it was a software issue the database rebuild would have happened when I just quit the app the first time round.

You can see from the video how slow it is to get the artists to start appearing.

I have tried the SD card in other players/readers and all the artists show up really quickly.

I really hope this is an issue that is solved through a firmware update. Until then I’ll have to remember to turn the poly half an hour before I want to use it, or just use it for streaming. It’s a shame as the main reason I bought it is to use an SD card for hi-res music.

Just to add, I have found the poly to be amazing for streaming, both using airplay and bluetooth. If this SD issue gets resolved it would be perfect!

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:00 PM Post #2,587 of 18,786
Update on my SD card issue...

I have now tried everything I can think of - using different mobile devices, apps, formatting options for the SD card and I’m still having the same issues with poly taking a long time to load music every time it is turned on.

Unfortunately it’s starting to seem like the Poly is not very suitable as a SD card device if you plan on using high capacity cards. Or maybe it only works with certain select file formats (and there’s limitations to some that are claimed to be supported). Perhaps this issue is only with ALAC files?

In the video below you can see where I have had the Poly switched on for a while and the database has been built. 8Player shows all the artists and albums. I quit the app, re-open it and the artist show up straight away.

When I quit the app for the second time I also switch the poly off and on again. Now when I launch 8Player it only shows one artist. I then need to go back out of the folder then back in to get additional artists to show. This indicates it's not the software, but a poly issue. If it was a software issue the database rebuild would have happened when I just quit the app the first time round.

You can see from the video how slow it is to get the artists to start appearing.

I have tried the SD card in other players/readers and all the artists show up really quickly.

I really hope this is an issue that is solved through a firmware update. Until then I’ll have to remember to turn the poly half an hour before I want to use it, or just use it for streaming. It’s a shame as the main reason I bought it is to use an SD card for hi-res music.

Just to add, I have found the poly to be amazing for streaming, both using airplay and bluetooth. If this SD issue gets resolved it would be perfect!

Did you see my suggestion on post 2525?
Different player but a database rebuild problem.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #2,588 of 18,786
Hi to all. I've been following the poly thread since jan 17. I received my mojo poly delivery today from Audio Sanctuary. Big thanks to Phil and colleagues for swift delivery and exceptional service. Currently charging both. I'm looking forward to enjoying the duo as soon as they are both charged.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:14 PM Post #2,589 of 18,786
Did you see my suggestion on post 2525?
Different player but a database rebuild problem.

Yep - downloaded and did a full format with SDFormatter, but no difference unfortunately.

I just tried putting the same music files on my Plex server (that is set up to also act as a DLNA server) and 8Player loads them instantly. Even when I restart my Plex server. So I can now also rule out the problem being my files.

Oct 24, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #2,590 of 18,786
The Mojo light shows green when separated. Have tried reconnecting with the Mojo off and then turning back on but the light still doesn't come back on.
It Sounds like the light pipe that tranfers the mojos status light through Poly to the mojo status light has been wrongly assembled or has jumped out of position try looking at a light through the light pipe from mail connector side through to poly to th M status let me know as I think you may have to return it to us if no light is coming through

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #2,591 of 18,786
It Sounds like the light pipe that tranfers the mojos status light through Poly to the mojo status light has been wrongly assembled or has jumped out of position try looking at a light through the light pipe from mail connector side through to poly to th M status let me know as I think you may have to return it to us if no light is coming through

I have same problem too - M Status light doesn't illuminate. P status light illuminating correctly. I can see the Mojo charging status light through the narrow gap between Mojo and Poly underneath so I know that everything is working correctly - just no M status light on Poly. No M status light since new (ie it's not something that's failed in use).

Oct 24, 2017 at 8:44 PM Post #2,592 of 18,786
How long does the Poly take to boot up fully after the Mojo is turned on?

Just heard from TTVJ about my Poly order. They're awaiting a "firm" shipping date from Chord, but expect to ship soon. Mine will be going out with the same day they get their shipment. I'm esp. jazzed after hearing the Audirvana can send to the Poly/Mojo. Just one more option for playback around the house.

Oct 25, 2017 at 2:26 AM Post #2,593 of 18,786
How long does the Poly take to boot up fully after the Mojo is turned on?

Just heard from TTVJ about my Poly order. They're awaiting a "firm" shipping date from Chord, but expect to ship soon. Mine will be going out with the same day they get their shipment. I'm esp. jazzed after hearing the Audirvana can send to the Poly/Mojo. Just one more option for playback around the house.

That may vary but I just fired mine up in Roon mode and the status light was showing in 5 seconds and it was also showing as a device in Roon. Network availability and signal strength will have some degree of impact, but it’s fairly quick.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #2,595 of 18,786
Checking with others who have received their Polys. Do both P.Status and M.Status LEDs light up on your Poly? Looks like only my P.Status light is on when both units are fully charged.

Poly doesn’t have an actual M status LED. There is a light pipe that makes the LED from the Mojo itself visible through the Poly casing. As hinted by Chord it sounds like your light pipe is out of position.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back