Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 16, 2017 at 6:24 AM Post #1,396 of 18,773

1. I don't think the streaming apps offer this kind of functions.
2. I guess the 500 means 499 gbp preorder, not limited 500 free cases.

Thanks for your reply!

1. Well, most streaming services  offer the possibility to store your downloaded music to an SD card (within the settings of Spotify, Tidal or Apple music, for example). I was just wondering whether it is possible to select the Poly`s SD card in these settings when the device is connected?

2. Sorry, I am not a native English speaker: What do you mean by "gbp"? "British Pounds"? Then I am not sure what exactly you mean? That everybody who orders in England receives a case?

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,397 of 18,773
  You do realize Android phones have the biggest market share in cell phones right?  Seems to me you made the poly primarily for the iphone and android was an after thought.  

Seems that way. Afraid I'm out of the Poly now but still considering a Hugo 2 instead (which does have aptx BT)

I just can't force myself to go back to using iPhones.

Also, no reason not to include Aptx as wouldn't affect iPhone use. Other devices support multiple Bluetooth protocols including my B&W P7 wireless.  My Sony Z5 pushes LDAC BT as the best at 3x data rate of normal BT but still also supports aptx.

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:23 AM Post #1,398 of 18,773
Hi John,
Will Chord have a team with the Poly at Headroom in London in a couple of weeks?
Cheers

Mar 16, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #1,399 of 18,773
You do realize Android phones have the biggest market share in cell phones right?  Seems to me you made the poly primarily for the iphone and android was an after thought.  
No that is not the case the i phone point I made was a valid one but of course we designed Poly for Android phones why would we be implementing Googlecast otherwise. Including this has been a considerable amount of developement effort and time.

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #1,401 of 18,773
Mar 16, 2017 at 11:12 AM Post #1,402 of 18,773
hey there,

I think the lack of APTX is not a big deal... certainly not a deal breaker...at least not for me.

I don't think that many people would choose APTX Bluetooth for critical listening, and Mojo/Poly is a audiophile Combo.

The main aspect for me is the integration of Mojo into my home network / two channel system and on top of that you get a headless DAP... So I can live without Aptx... and maybe it can be added further down the line.

Cheers

Mar 16, 2017 at 11:53 AM Post #1,403 of 18,773
hey there,

I think the lack of APTX is not a big deal... certainly not a deal breaker...at least not for me.

I don't think that many people would choose APTX Bluetooth for critical listening, and Mojo/Poly is a audiophile Combo.

The main aspect for me is the integration of Mojo into my home network / two channel system and on top of that you get a headless DAP... So I can live without Aptx... and maybe it can be added further down the line.

Cheers

Not always "critical listening" from SD card in Poly, also want to listen to Offline/Streamed Spotify/Tidal while out & about and only way to do that on Android looks to be over Bluetooth. In my experience aptx sounds better than without. Also, the Hugo 2 does have Aptx so go figure that ??

Mar 16, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #1,404 of 18,773
Yeah, streaming on the go is a factor, definitely....

But as I said before there are Apps to use Airplay on Android...

Cheers

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:12 PM Post #1,405 of 18,773
I realize that Bluetooth playback is not a primary focus for Poly, but still...
Poly is a high end accessory that costs more than a Mojo, and it should be expected to deliver the best available Bluetooth performance. As a product that aspires to be at the top level, lack of aptX is a glaring omission. We're not talking about exotic technology — aptX capable receivers are available from Amazon for $20!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,408 of 18,773
Or, they did what was right to appease both apple and Android. Dont you think it would be selfish the other way?
No the decision was far more complicated than that! Because the Bluetooth Aptx module is considerably larger that the straight A2dp module and this would have had constrained what we were doing in other areas which we considered far more important. In our opinion with all of the wifi methods available BTooth has always been the last resort connection mode, but it will provide an additional method of control at some point in the future when say we roll out an automatic Poly WiFi software update to control Poly from a smart watch. Yes this software is being written as I write this! However it won't be ready for first production but will be ready in about three to four months and all Poly's will be updated automatically when they are linked to the internet smart phone smart control I sincerely hope you all like this idea with MojoPoly in your pocket Mobile audio will be very different from now on I think!

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #1,409 of 18,773
No the decision was far more complicated than that! Because the Bluetooth Aptx module is considerably larger that the straight A2dp module and this would have had constrained what we were doing in other areas which we considered far more important. In our opinion with all of the wifi methods available BTooth has always been the last resort connection mode, but it will provide an additional method of control at some point in the future when say we roll out an automatic Poly WiFi software update to control Poly from a smart watch. Yes this software is being written as I write this! However it won't be ready for first production but will be ready in about three to four months and all Poly's will be updated automatically when they are linked to the internet smart phone smart control I sincerely hope you all like this idea with MojoPoly in your pocket Mobile audio will be very different from now on I think!

Thanks for the update! Do you think there will be a Tour for the Poly?

Mar 16, 2017 at 9:44 PM Post #1,410 of 18,773

Updates/info like these are fabulous! I think everyone has to agree with that....even when they dont like the information.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back