Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 15, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #1,382 of 18,772
I  ordered Poly yesterday and am excited.  John was right all along:  it does a lot more than expected.  

We have Hugo 2 and Poly both now on order from GCaudio.com.  Galen has been terrific in answering questions and giving advice.  

Buying without testing first from Chord is not a challenge.  

It should be an exciting Spring.  

Thanks, Rob, for the Hugo 2 technical posting!  

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:05 PM Post #1,383 of 18,772
  I  ordered Poly yesterday and am excited.  John was right all along:  it does a lot more than expected.  

We have Hugo 2 and Poly both now on order from GCaudio.com.  Galen has been terrific in answering questions and giving advice.  

Buying without testing first from Chord is not a challenge.  

It should be an exciting Spring.  

Thanks, Rob, for the Hugo 2 technical posting!  

I expect your wife is excited as well. 
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:12 PM Post #1,384 of 18,772

I expect your wife is excited as well. 
biggrin.gif

She's thrilled.  She watched the videos from Chord and said, "place the order, please!"  She loves her Mojo.  

I wanted her to be certain.  

Obediently, I did.  

Then, surprisingly, she said she would be taking Poly on the road with her...hmm.  

I thought I was going to be borrowing Poly for the treadmill!  

Mar 15, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #1,385 of 18,772
She's thrilled.  She watched the videos from Chord and said, "place the order, please!"  She loves her Mojo.  

I wanted her to be certain.  

Obediently, I did.  

Then, surprisingly, she said she would be taking Poly on the road with her...hmm.  

I thought I was going to be borrowing Poly for the treadmill!  

You will have to use the Hugo 2 as your portable dac LOL.

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:55 PM Post #1,387 of 18,772
Sorry Tommy For various reasons we decided that we would be implementing only A2dp not Aptx with Poly. The primary reason was that Apple phone's are still not supporting Aptx and so it is better overall to stick to A2dp and let Mojo do the best it can with that.

You do realize Android phones have the biggest market share in cell phones right?  Seems to me you made the poly primarily for the iphone and android was an after thought.  

Mar 15, 2017 at 11:12 PM Post #1,391 of 18,772
Sorry Tommy For various reasons we decided that we would be implementing only A2dp not Aptx with Poly. The primary reason was that Apple phone's are still not supporting Aptx and so it is better overall to stick to A2dp and let Mojo do the best it can with that.

They intended to support aptX (see post #310). Perhaps it was dropped to meet the release schedule and possibly it could be added in a firmware update.

Well since John just posted the above I don't believe post 310 is correct anymore.

Mar 16, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #1,393 of 18,772
Hello,

concerning my question in post 1380 I want to be a little more precise;

I am planning to use Poly for two scenarios;

1: Using it as a Roon-Endpoint in my living-room

2: Using it mobile (i.e. with the Android App "BubbleUPnP")

I have learned in one of the new videos that we will have to select different modes ("Roon" vs. "Other") for these different scenarios, using a webbrowser to acces Poly's web-interfce.

Now here is my question: 

Will I have to selct the required mode each time, or does Poly "remember" a mode for a certain Wlan.
(So if Poly is logging in into my living-room's wlan, than Poly shall work in "Roon"-Mode. When using the Poly with the wlan-hotspot of my Smartphone it shall work in "other"-mode.)

Many thanks for Your efforts 
guenter

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:27 AM Post #1,394 of 18,772
Since this has not been replied yet, I`d like to post the following questions again:

Hi Mojo Ideas,

1. Can you please write something about whether it will be possible to download content from streaming apps like Tidal or Spotify to the SD card of the Poly? So is it basically possible on an iphone, to choose "store content on SD card" in the Spotify settings, just as it is possible on Android devices?

2. How will you choose the 500 people who receive a free case? Can the preorder be done at any chord partner store world wide, or do I have to preorder directly at Chord, UK?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

Mar 16, 2017 at 5:44 AM Post #1,395 of 18,772
  Since this has not been replied yet, I`d like to post the following questions again:

Hi Mojo Ideas,

1. Can you please write something about whether it will be possible to download content from streaming apps like Tidal or Spotify to the SD card of the Poly? So is it basically possible on an iphone, to choose "store content on SD card" in the Spotify settings, just as it is possible on Android devices?

2. How will you choose the 500 people who receive a free case? Can the preorder be done at any chord partner store world wide, or do I have to preorder directly at Chord, UK?

Thanks a lot in advance for your answers!

1. I don't think the streaming apps offer this kind of functions.
2. I guess the 500 means 499 gbp preorder, not limited 500 free cases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back