Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Mar 9, 2017 at 12:44 AM Post #1,336 of 19,019
I was talking about Mython.
If he does not return, then we just have to make the best of it. :frowning2:  

GoG does still visit the Chord threads, and occasionally posts, but no sign of Mython. 

Someone sent up the bat signal?

I've been preoccupied with some new toys... mostly because I've grown increasingly frustrated with the pervasiveness of unsubstantiated claims in the audio world not just by users, but manufacturers as well.

I'll be sure to not let the door hit me on the way out.

Mar 9, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #1,337 of 19,019
Someone sent up the bat signal?

I've been preoccupied with some new toys... mostly because I've grown increasingly frustrated with the pervasiveness of unsubstantiated claims in the audio world not just by users, but manufacturers as well.

I'll be sure to not let the door hit me on the way out.

You don't have to leave.

Would your new toys interest anyone on this thread?

Mar 11, 2017 at 11:41 AM Post #1,339 of 19,019
Please take a look at the specification of Poly on our website and at the beginning of the Poly thread if your still in any doubt within in the next few days we will be posting six short videos on You tube these will explain the many and various ways to use Poly

Have these videos been released yet? I'm very eager to see the different ways Poly can be used.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #1,343 of 19,019
Yes your right and he's well but as you suggest he taking a well earned rest

Is he enjoying his complimentary dave? 
tongue.gif

Mar 14, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #1,344 of 19,019

​
Ahead of our highly anticipated Poly launch in April, we've created a selection of how-to videos covering Poly basics. The six-strong video series aims to show just how easy Poly is to integrate with Mojo, your smartphone and your network and introduces the following:
 ​
1. Adding Poly to a network: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbVEY_2wOdA
3. Smartphone playback (DLNA): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR3HhVeQtnQ​
4. Smartphone MPD (SD Card) control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dv6mMworCPo
6. Playback via Bluetooth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuonZqRA_Xo​
 ​
You can discover all of these brand new videos by clicking on the links above, or by visiting our YouTube channel.
 ​
Enjoy!

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:19 AM Post #1,345 of 19,019
So when you are commuting and not on Wi-Fi, it looks like you need to set up a personal hotspot in order to control playback from the SD card? 

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:34 AM Post #1,346 of 19,019
So as I suspected, only way to get streaming/offline media (Tidal/Spotify) from an Android phone to Poly is via AptX Bluetooth, so in the case of Tidal HiFi FLAC files ranging 800-1200kbps will loose data as can only transfer at a max of 384kbps.

Apple devices with Airplay going to be better, though that looks as they max out at only 16bit/44.1kHz without recoding the audio ??

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #1,348 of 19,019
All good videos (that allow us to get a peek behind the curtain), but I didn't see anything about streaming from a NAS that was reported earlier. Did anyone else pick that up? Is that function supported on the Mojo/Poly combo?

Video 3 had reference to playing from a NAS

Mar 14, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #1,349 of 19,019

All good videos (that allow us to get a peek behind the curtain), but I didn't see anything about streaming from a NAS that was reported earlier. Did anyone else pick that up? Is that function supported on the Mojo/Poly combo?

Video 3 had reference to playing from a NAS

I just viewed video 3. DLNA is limited to NAS playback on a local wifi network. I was expecting that I would be able to access my NAS on the Poly remotely when off of my wifi network such as public wifi/cellular. Perhaps that function is not supported.

Mar 14, 2017 at 9:02 AM Post #1,350 of 19,019
  So as I suspected, only way to get streaming/offline media (Tidal/Spotify) from an Android phone to Poly is via AptX Bluetooth, so in the case of Tidal HiFi FLAC files ranging 800-1200kbps will loose data as can only transfer at a max of 384kbps.

Apple devices with Airplay going to be better, though that looks as they max out at only 16bit/44.1kHz without recoding the audio ??

Hello everyone,

for using the Mojo-Poly-combo in my car I could live with Aptx Bluetooth to play tidal offline content.
(I have tested Aptx with my Note-4 and an Aptx-receiver connected to the Mojo via Toslink. Far better than normal Bluetooth ... but another aditional device and cablework in the car, only to avoid the USB-OTG cable between the Mojo and the Phone....).  

@psikey: Do you  have any information that Mojo comes with Aptx? I was not able to find any Info about it.

Lateron I am planning to use Roon with it's announced offline-function (maybe this year). Hopefully the roon-offline-content can be stored on the Poly's SD-card. Then I would not have the need of Aptx anymore.  

Regards
Guenter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back