Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Feb 8, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,142 of 18,823
  http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2017/02/auf-wiedersehen-dap-the-chord-poly-at-norddeutsche-hifi-tage-2017/
no new info but the video is worth watching.

More or less exactly as I'm expecting but looks like with Android OS its only going to do Audio over lossy AptX from Spotify or Tidal apps themselves (only way to play offline content). If only Tidal/Spotify could send bit perfect audio to Poly over WiFi .......  (UAPP can't do offline Tidal either).

I'm thinking I may go for the Hugo 2 for critical home/work use, and stick with my phone/DAC combo for "out & about" mobile use.

If your main use isn't streaming offline Tidal/Spotify at best quality then the Mojopoly is going to be simply awesome !  Need more money for a Hugo 2
confused.gif
  Its my 50th in March so surely I can justify the cost
biggrin.gif
 , plus Hugo 2 has screw holes at the USB side so must be getting its own Poly at some point. Ahhh decisions...decisions !! 

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #1,143 of 18,823

More or less exactly as I'm expecting but looks like with Android OS its only going to do Audio over lossy AptX from Spotify or Tidal apps themselves (only way to play offline content). If only Tidal/Spotify could send bit perfect audio to Poly over WiFi .......  (UAPP can't do offline Tidal either).

I'm thinking I may go for the Hugo 2 for critical home/work use, and stick with my phone/DAC combo for "out & about" mobile use.

If your main use isn't streaming offline Tidal/Spotify at best quality then the Mojopoly is going to be simply awesome !  Need more money for a Hugo 2
confused.gif
  Its my 50th in March so surely I can justify the cost
biggrin.gif
 , plus Hugo 2 has screw holes at the USB side so must be getting its own Poly at some point. Ahhh decisions...decisions !! 

@Mojo ideas has already confirmed that the two holes are for attaching the 2Go, the Hugo 2 version of the poly.
Maybe you can get the Hugo2 for your 50th, and the 2Go for your 51st. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2017 at 4:28 PM Post #1,144 of 18,823
Feb 9, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #1,145 of 18,823
So I am trying to make sure that I have got my head round how this works! I am thinking about changing my dap as I find the UI too annoying and I am wondering if I would be able to replace my device with my Mojo and the Poly combined with my mobile phone? Or would I be better off sticking to a traditional dap like the iBasso DX200 or Opus#2 for example. I must admit when the Poly was first announced I sort of dismissed it thinking the product would be of no use to me, but having read more on this thread and other comments on line I am becoming more and more attracted to it.

Feb 9, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #1,146 of 18,823
  So I am trying to make sure that I have got my head round how this works! I am thinking about changing my dap as I find the UI too annoying and I am wondering if I would be able to replace my device with my Mojo and the Poly combined with my mobile phone? Or would I be better off sticking to a traditional dap like the iBasso DX200 or Opus#2 for example. I must admit when the Poly was first announced I sort of dismissed it thinking the product would be of no use to me, but having read more on this thread and other comments on line I am becoming more and more attracted to it.

I am assuming that using a phone based music player app, will have the following advantages, compared to the bespoke UI that is normal for a DAP:
  • it will always be easier to upgrade the app version number, or even try a different app
  • it will be easier to tailor the app UI to your needs
  • any open source app, will get updated much more regularly, but this may carry the risk of initial bugs.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,152 of 18,823
It's about half the weight of Mojo

Thank you John.
@Mython : Could you may be add this information to the first post please ?

Now I will have to find a way to carry the combined Mojo & Poly, approx. 270 grams + case when commuting on the bicycle.
It will be too heavy to just put it in the pocket of my jacket, will have to look for a solution.

Feb 11, 2017 at 5:51 PM Post #1,153 of 18,823

Thank you John.
@Mython : Could you may be add this information to the first post please ?

Now I will have to find a way to carry the combined Mojo & Poly, approx. 270 grams + case when commuting on the bicycle.
It will be too heavy to just put it in the pocket of my jacket, will have to look for a solution.

Sadly @Mython has not posted anywhere on Head-Fi for over 4 weeks. Hopefully he will be back soon, and will be able to update the first post.

Feb 11, 2017 at 8:42 PM Post #1,154 of 18,823
Subbed ... bought the Mojo at CanJam in-part in anticipation of this. I only learned of the price of this afterwards. After the jaw hit the ground and a lol, I figured I'll still buy it eventually.

Feb 14, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #1,155 of 18,823
I got to attach the Poly to my Mojo at CanJam and it worked.  Unsurprisingly, it sounds just liked my Mojo normally does. I connected to a WiFi network that the Mojo was connected to already and it just worked. There was no delay that I noticed when playing a song from my Tidal app. The guy at the table told me that I could just setup a hotspot in order to get the additional bandwidth that bluetooth can't provide.  I can't see not doing this - I hate the hassle of stacking.  I don't own any HD music, so the only reason I'm getting it is for streaming, but it's still well worth it for me. 

That being said, I listened to the Hugo2 and I prefer it's sound.  So there's that. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back