Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Nov 22, 2018 at 3:27 AM Post #11,251 of 18,757
we’ll be able to stream Tidal directly to Poly? without an iOS device? wow!
No you will still need an iOS or Android device to browse the Tidal/Qobuz content on their servers. The difference is once you start playing providing Poly
remains connected to the internet then you can put your phone away.

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:33 AM Post #11,252 of 18,757
@Matt Bartlett what I really miss for GoFigure iOS is the ability to control the quickplay from my Apple Watch. Then we can leave the phone and MojoPoly in the bag and skip tracks using the watch.
A second thing that got me wondering is that I. An still control the volume output in GoFigure even though BitPerfect is selected. Toggling it off and on again doesn’t make a difference.
I thought BitPerfect meant output is always set to maximum on the DAC and not controllable for the sake of having bit perfect playback?

Lastly, is album art feasable at all within GoFigure?

Cheers!

I'll add watch control to the wish list to see what we can do - I can't promise anything for the moment though.
BitPerfect cannot override a separate software volume control built into an app or playback software. All it can do it override the system volume control. This is why the volume control still works on some apps.

Album art is not feasible using the QuickPlay function within Gofigure. The data rate of BLE is just too slow to serve up graphics. It could take more than 10 minutes to transfer the data for one small album art thumbnail image
so you really need WiFi to do this efficiently.

Nov 22, 2018 at 3:34 AM Post #11,253 of 18,757
We fixed a couple of bugs including the problem you identified where the music stops playing when you open and close Gofigure. The other things you reported are not connected to the app and require the firmware to be modified first. At the moment the playlists display in the time/date order they were created or modified on the SD card.
Ah ok. Yes that's great that playback doesn't stop now. Congratulations on getting it out the door incidentally.

Nov 22, 2018 at 4:16 AM Post #11,257 of 18,757
QUOTE="Matt Bartlett, post: 14613115, member: 485560"]Yes Qobuz as well but this still needs to be tested.[/QUOTE]

Happy to help testing @Matt Bartlett as I have a hifi sublime subscription.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2018 at 4:37 AM Post #11,259 of 18,757
QUOTE="Matt Bartlett, post: 14613115, member: 485560"]Yes Qobuz as well but this still needs to be tested.

I think it will be the best audio product available, particularly at an affordable budget level. Well done.

Nov 22, 2018 at 5:53 AM Post #11,260 of 18,757
No you will still need an iOS or Android device to browse the Tidal/Qobuz content on their servers. The difference is once you start playing providing Poly
remains connected to the internet then you can put your phone away.

right, i won’t need to stay in iPhone mobile hotspot mode, feeding the Poly the Tidal stream? just use GoFigure to browse, then the iOS device is no longer in the equation once playing?

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:03 AM Post #11,261 of 18,757
right, i won’t need to stay in iPhone mobile hotspot mode, feeding the Poly the Tidal stream? just use GoFigure to browse, then the iOS device is no longer in the equation once playing?
I imagine, poly and phone on same network with internet access. Choose music on qobuz, choose poly as renderer.
Then poly talks direct to internet/qobuz servers.

Nov 22, 2018 at 6:47 AM Post #11,262 of 18,757
The update for the iOS app will be to add in the tab to enable the online features such as Tidal streaming. This will then
make it the same as the iOS version. However we have to update the firmware first to enable these features and put in some
other fixes.
Currently this firmware is in build and testing. I can't give you any more than this at the moment.

Not sure if you are aware but MPD 0.21 is now available. Amongst other things it now has support for loading Album Art via its API. Would be good to get included in the new firmware if possible.

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #11,263 of 18,757
Not sure if you are aware but MPD 0.21 is now available. Amongst other things it now has support for loading Album Art via its API. Would be good to get included in the new firmware if possible.

Thanks for letting me know. I think the original question was more to do with why Gofigure does not display album art and this is because of the speed of BLE connection and not to do with MPD. If you want a media rich experience with artwork then WiFi is really the only way.
As Gofigure is also the configuration tool we can't rely on having a WiFi connection so the artwork can be displayed.

Nov 22, 2018 at 7:41 AM Post #11,264 of 18,757
Thanks for letting me know. I think the original question was more to do with why Gofigure does not display album art and this is because of the speed of BLE connection and not to do with MPD. If you want a media rich experience with artwork then WiFi is really the only way.
As Gofigure is also the configuration tool we can't rely on having a WiFi connection so the artwork can be displayed.

It wasn't so much for album art support in GoFigure but for MPD clients in general. Having the album art available in the MPD database means the client does not have to depend on pulling it from third party sources which is a pain to say the least.

Nov 22, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #11,265 of 18,757
You have my 5 stars on Google Play, @Matt Bartlett .

I think it's fair to acknowledge publicly the work it's been done and the time it's been put on developing this app for all android//iOS users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back